Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Yes, Jesus is the only Way to Heaven

"No one can come to the Father except through Me" He said

That said, it is possible for Jesus to appear to a person who hasn't known Him (hasn't known Him well...) @ death... and... well, we just do not know what happens at death or immediately after death...

If a person is on some deserted island & never heard of Jesus but tried to do as God led him... He could meet Jesus at death

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
ScaliaFan said:

That said, it is possible for Jesus to appear to a person who hasn't known Him (hasn't known Him well...) @ death... and... well, we just do not know what happens at death or immediately after death...

If a person is on some deserted island & never heard of Jesus but tried to do as God led him... He could meet Jesus at death
Why do you think that is speaking of "going to heaven" because he did not say "Heaven"?

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
kerwin said:
Why do you think that is speaking of "going to heaven" because he did not say "Heaven"?
Jesus, who is God, is the only way to life. He is the way, the truth, and the life. Those who reject the divinity of Jesus have no life in them.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
דוד חֵן (David) said:
Jesus, who is God, is the only way to life. He is the way, the truth, and the life. Those who reject the divinity of Jesus have no life in them.
where does Jesus say that? pretty sure He does not.

however Jesus does warn against taking laws of man and elevating them as equal laws of the Father.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
דוד חֵן (David) said:

Jesus chooses to speak in riddles to test our hearts as he could have explicitly made it clear of what he was speaking about but instead chose not to.

Jesus is the way to make peace with God and that is done by receiving and walking according to the Spirit. The results of the latter is an indeterminate lifespan that is said to be eternal. Not everyone can receive the Spirit simply because if only because it was not given before Jesus ascended to heaven to mediate. The Prophets and others are grandfathered in because of believers. (Hebrews 11:40)

The question for each of us is whether we are looking to walk according to the Spirit or get a free pass to heaven. Testing of our heart will reveal this or any other motivation we might have.

Note: I have purposely dodged other issues with both your words and those of Stan because this is a more important point.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Jesus chose to speak in Parables to the lost sheep of Israel. However he interpreted those Parables to his Apostles and we have those interpretations so nothing is in a riddle as far as we're concerned. If someone thinks it's still a riddle that someone has a problem with comprehension.
Jesus is not the way to heaven, Jesus is the way to eternal life and why people confuse life with heaven is beyond me. Very clearly and in many places in the New Testament, we are told that committing our Lives to Jesus gives us life and that life will be eternal life. Our destination is not some ethereal place in the cosmos, our destination is eternal life on the new Earth with our God and Savior Jesus Christ living amongst us.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. - John 10

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not want to try departing this life without the Lord Jesus Christ.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rockytopva said:
I would not want to try departing this life without the Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:

The father or heaven? Two different places as far as understand it.

ScaliaFan says:
That said, it is possible for Jesus to appear to a person who hasn't known Him (hasn't known Him well...) @ death... and... well, we just do not know what happens at death or immediately after death... If a person is on some deserted island & never heard of Jesus but tried to do as God led him... He could meet Jesus at death

The Bible makes it very clear that the end will not come until every living soul on earth has heard the gospel, not in death.

(Matthew 24:14) "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

I don't see how the gospel will be preached unto the ends of the earth to every living man woman and child by the action of man alone. Even now, there is too much hostility towards Christianity for this to be possible. This will surely have to be a result of direct action from God through his angel when it comes down to it, as stated in Revelation 14 below.

(Revelation 14:6-7) "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, {7} Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."
So there will be no excuse for anyone walking the earth not accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Every soul will know the gospel message before the end.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
StanJ said:
Jesus chose to speak in Parables to the lost sheep of Israel. However he interpreted those Parables to his Apostles and we have those interpretations so nothing is in a riddle as far as we're concerned. If someone thinks it's still a riddle that someone has a problem with comprehension.
Jesus is not the way to heaven, Jesus is the way to eternal life and why people confuse life with heaven is beyond me. Very clearly and in many places in the New Testament, we are told that committing our Lives to Jesus gives us life and that life will be eternal life. Our destination is not some ethereal place in the cosmos, our destination is eternal life on the new Earth with our God and Savior Jesus Christ living amongst us.
Sorry, I wrote your name when I meant ScaliaFan and I agree with your second paragraph. I plan to edit it.

Your first paragraph incorrect as it is those whom the Spirit chooses to reveal the truth that will know the truth and not all "Christians" fall in that category. Others will reach their own conclusion and even then some may stumble on the correct interpretation. Some of those not carried along by the Spirit will later come to to the truth.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
kerwin said:
Jesus chooses to speak in riddles to test our hearts as he could have explicitly made it clear of what he was speaking about but instead chose not to.

Jesus is the way to make peace with God and that is done by receiving and walking according to the Spirit. The results of the latter is an indeterminate lifespan that is said to be eternal. Not everyone can receive the Spirit simply because if only because it was not given before Jesus ascended to heaven to mediate. The Prophets and others are grandfathered in because of believers. (Hebrews 11:40)

The question for each of us is whether we are looking to walk according to the Spirit or get a free pass to heaven. Testing of our heart will reveal this or any other motivation we might have.

Note: I have purposely dodged other issues with both your words and those of [ScaliaFan] because this is a more important point.
[ ] marks corrected name.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
kerwin said:
Your first paragraph incorrect as it is those whom the Spirit chooses to reveal the truth that will know the truth and not all "Christians" fall in that category. Others will reach their own conclusion and even then some may stumble on the correct interpretation. Some of those not carried along by the Spirit will later come to to the truth.
Jesus himself said that no man can come to him unless the father draws him, so again you fail to understand even the basic concept of salvation. The Holy Spirit is only imparted it to those who receive him after salvation. He baptizes us with power so that we can move and his spirit and not under our own power.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
StanJ said:
Jesus himself said that no man can come to him unless the father draws him, so again you fail to understand even the basic concept of salvation. The Holy Spirit is only imparted it to those who receive him after salvation. He baptizes us with power so that we can move and his spirit and not under our own power.

My words are a paraphrase of his for those that will persevere in their belief are drawn by God acting through the Holy Spirit.

Perhaps you fail to realize it is because you do not realize that the Holy is given different missions by God. Saul was given the Spirit and became a new man and yet he could not walk according to it because it was not given that mission before Jesus ascended to heaven to mediate the new covenant. The Holy Spirit hovered over Mary and caused her to conceive a new human being and yet she could not walk according to it because that mission was first given to it on Pentecost thirty some years later. Wile Jeremiah was carried along by the Holy Spirit he foretold of a time when the Holy Spirit would enter believers and write the Word on their minds and hearts and yet he was not to receive the Spirit for that mission.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
kerwin said:
My words are a paraphrase of his for those that will persevere in their belief are drawn by God acting through the Holy Spirit.
Perhaps you fail to realize it is because you do not realize that the Holy is given different missions by God. Saul was given the Spirit and became a new man and yet he could not walk according to it because it was not given that mission before Jesus ascended to heaven to mediate the new covenant. The Holy Spirit hovered over Mary and caused her to conceive a new human being and yet she could not walk according to it because that mission was first given to it on Pentecost thirty some years later. Wile Jeremiah was carried along by the Holy Spirit he foretold of a time when the Holy Spirit would enter believers and write the Word on their minds and hearts and yet he was not to receive the Spirit for that mission.
The Holy Spirit is God. Sadly it's not me who doesn't know the nature of God, it is you. The spirit of God is not the same as the Holy Spirit.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
StanJ said:
The Holy Spirit is God. Sadly it's not me who doesn't know the nature of God, it is you. The spirit of God is not the same as the Holy Spirit.
There is only one Spirit though it has many names. (Ephesians 2:18 & 4:4)

I am not sure whether or not the site views the claim the Holy Spirit is God as orthodox or not. If so then it is okay to discus that issue in this forum though not this thread but if not discussing it should be done in the non-orthodox thread. If we stick to discussing the number of Spirits there are then this thread is probably okay since it is related to the topic.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
To whomever may be concerned;

Romans 5:19-21 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus Anointed is the way [through] many are made righteous and so sin was replaced with grace unto eternal life. Of course many teachings try to either skip parts or change of the words.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
kerwin said:
There is only one Spirit though it has many names. (Ephesians 2:18 & 4:4)
I am not sure whether or not the site views the claim the Holy Spirit is God as orthodox or not. If so then it is okay to discus that issue in this forum though not this thread but if not discussing it should be done in the non-orthodox thread. If we stick to discussing the number of Spirits there are then this thread is probably okay since it is related to the topic.
There is indeed only one Holy Spirit, but that is not what Ephesians 2:18 or 4:4 is teaching. What Paul is talking about there is keeping the unity of the Spirit in the Body of Christ. That is what being one in Spirit means in terms of the body of Christ. Again instead of understanding what the scriptures say, you decide on your own what you want it to say, and then apply the same connotation to all uses of the word, and that is not how any language works. I would suggest you leave the matter of moderation up to the moderators and learn how to actually comprehend what you're reading before you post and prove that you don't.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
kerwin said:
To whomever may be concerned;

Romans 5:19-21 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus Anointed is the way [through] many are made righteous and so sin was replaced with grace unto eternal life. Of course many teachings try to either skip parts or change of the words.
As you are obviously not an expert in Elizabethan English, I would suggest you learn a Modern English translation, like the NET or NIV, and then make your opinion from there, because obviously you don't understand what Romans 5:19-21 connotes in the KJV.