Is Jesus the Word of God in your opinion? (scripture included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1

The Word Became Flesh​

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Are you someone who can read this verse right here and make sense of it? It is very plain - It is speaking about the Word, and in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He (The Word) was with God in the beginning and through him (The Word) all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made, in him was life and that life was the light of all mankind.

Who is the Word?
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.​
You can see here, in 1:14 of John The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We (meaning the disciples; the apostles) Had seen his glory of his resurrection, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.​

15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”)​
John the Baptist testifies concerning him. He cried out saying "This is the one who I spoke about when I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me."​
How is it that John testified this, knew that Jesus was before him? Could have something to do with Jesus and John communicating by the Spirit, when John was in Elizabeth, and Jesus was in Mary and they met together, it is an interesting story to read. Founded in Luke.​

16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.​
John the Beloved goes on to write out of his fulness we have all received grace in place of grace already given; for the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.​
In verse 18: No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in the closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.​
What are your thoughts on - Jesus having been known as the Word of God - before having come down born of flesh named Jesus in which he becomes limited, to what he once was capable of doing for the Father?

What about the scripture founded written by Paul does it add to this at all?

Imitating Christ’s Humility​

2 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.​
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:​
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,​
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;​
7 rather, he made himself nothing​
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,​
being made in human likeness.​
8 And being found in appearance as a man,​
he humbled himself​
by becoming obedient to death—​
even death on a cross!​
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place​
and gave him the name that is above every name,​
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,​
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,​
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,​
to the glory of God the Father.​

What about a simple passage here:

Written by Paul to the Colossians:

Colossians 1:15-17​

New International Version​

The Supremacy of the Son of God​

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Jesus states here that: John 6:46, NIV: No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. John 6:46, ESV: not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from God; he has seen the Father. John 6:46, KJV: Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

John 14:9 also has Jesus saying: Jesus said unto him, “Have I been so long a time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, ‘Show us the Father’?

Thoughts?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone said before that "Hell is knowing truth to late", and if people still haven't got a grip to whom Jesus is, my encouragement is to read your bible and find out what is stated in it.

Reactions: The Learner

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is.
Not the _ God!
Once again, this is Angelina’s post:
At the moment, we only have issue with one particular topic, which is "The Trinity".

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God"
Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.

Pay particular attention to this part: Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God"

And here you just said: Jesus is not [the] God.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Jesus is God, the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us. Who else could it be?

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.

The Bible SCREAMS that Jesus is God! Satan and his children SCREAM Jesus is not God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the original Greek, the word used is "Logos of God", not "Word of God", which is far, far more insightful as to the nature of Jesus.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God knows the hearts of people and Jesus knows the hearts of people thus He is our Lord God and Savior.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the original Greek, the word used is "Logos of God", not "Word of God", which is far, far more insightful as to the nature of Jesus.
logos Means word. That is why it was translated that way in English.
It can also mean an accounting, a reason, a preaching, an appearance.

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
logos Means word. That is why it was translated that way in English.
It can also mean an accounting, a reason, a preaching, an appearance.
It means the divine reasoning behind creation, similar to the reasoning capabilities of a human but much larger in scope. It is the soul of the universe, the intermediary between creation and creator. Or another way of putting it might be that God created the universe to meditate on ~something~ and the ascension of Jesus was the resolution of that meditation. Given the major theme of the Bible as the conflict between good and evil, and how Jesus was condemned for all the sins of mankind, and despite this, still rose to heaven, it stands to reason that God created the universe as a meditation on good and evil, effectively putting Himself on trial. By condemning Jesus for the sins of all mankind, and rising Jesus to Heaven, it proves that all the good of mankind ultimately outweighs the evil, and that any sin can ultimately be forgiven.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was condemned for all the sins of mankind...By condemning Jesus for the sins of all mankind, and rising Jesus to Heaven, it proves that all the good of mankind ultimately outweighs the evil, and that any sin can ultimately be forgiven.
'ALL the good of mankind' is evil: "...ALL our righteousnesses are as filthy rags..." (Isa 64:6),
Thus, In 'God's Sight,' the Only Thing That 'ultimately outweighs evil' IS:

God's
ALL-Sufficient BLOOD, Whereby ALL sin Can Ultimately Be Forgiven!! Amen?

And, Thus precious friend(s), we can ALL Ultimately Have:

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is not just God or Word, but God or Word crucified or heard (respectively).

John 1 said:
In the beginning was the Word (Heard), and the Word was (Heard) with God (Crucified) and the Word was (Heard) being God (Crucified).

He was (Heard) in the beginning with God (Crucified).

It sounds complicated at first, but basically this is why the mystery of God is so hard to understand in principle. God is saying "I heard you because I have heard everything" "I have justified you, because I have justified everyone". How? The Word heard itself - that's how God heard everything. God crucified itself, that's how God justified every one. There was scripture in Heaven and there was Salvation in Heaven. These are things that have their being in the Host - A Host that Jesus tried (as in a court of law).

It will be great in the Day that the faith understands, that Jesus does not just assert Himself, but that He humbles Himself to works that prove God - that the faith may prove God all the more! Yes, look forward to that Day!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Is Jesus the Word of God in your opinion?

Yup, God is pure spiritual energy and invisible-
Jesus said "God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24)
So God had to speak to humans through the mouths of prophets and Jesus-
"God spoke in times past by the prophets, has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son" (Hebrews 1:1/2)
Jesus said-
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)