Is my salvation based upon my knowledge of the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_wall.gif
Oh Lord have mercy, not another thread about the trinity. For the hell of it, you can ask yourself this question. Did the Father kill himself and raise himself from the dead three days later? If the answer is no, then your salvation is assured because the atonement was legitimate. If the answer is yes, then that casts doubt on the atonement by default, because it raises the question on if he actually died or not.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_wall.gif
Oh Lord have mercy, not another thread about the trinity. For the hell of it, you can ask yourself this question. Did the Father kill himself and raise himself from the dead three days later? If the answer is no, then your salvation is assured because the atonement was legitimate. If the answer is yes, then that casts doubt on the atonement by default, because it raises the question on if he actually died or not.
The question isn't did God commit suicide the quesss is is my understanding the foundation of my salvation....

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd seen a post where one of the mods quote Augustine saying if anyone denied the Trinity then their salvation is in jeopardy... It appears as if their saying this is non disputable also?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd seen a post where one of the mods quote Augustine saying if anyone denied the Trinity then their salvation is in jeopardy... It appears as if their saying this is non disputable also?

Hence my last response. Those who deny the trinity will often claim that it can't be true since Jesus is the Father as a person. You say that to an atheist and see how far you get, even they can see right through that hogwash. It doesn't even make any logical sense.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question isn't did God commit suicide the quesss is is my understanding the foundation of my salvation....
Read/study your Bible and earnestly talk/pray with/to God.

I have studied and argued and prayed on this subject for many years. I have heard and read all of the verses people use for and against it countless times over the years. What does God want from us? Not an group of expert theologians... I believe!

You may read threads on this forum or find commentaries or sermons about it, but I only suggest that you not expect to end up in either one or the other of the two main camps [Trinitarian or Oneness]. There are, I believe, good followers of Christ is both, but there are some who are in neither. Following the lead of the Holy Spirit will get you where you need to be, but people here will argue about what it means to follow the Holy Spirit...

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

So find the One who is able to correctly direct your steps!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read/study your Bible and earnestly talk/pray with/to God.

I have studied and argued and prayed on this subject for many years. I have heard and read all of the verses people use for and against it countless times over the years. What does God want from us? Not an group of expert theologians... I believe!

You may read threads on this forum or find commentaries or sermons about it, but I only suggest that you not expect to end up in either one or the other of the two main camps [Trinitarian or Oneness]. There are, I believe, good followers of Christ is both, but there are some who are in neither. Following the lead of the Holy Spirit will get you where you need to be, but people here will argue about what it means to follow the Holy Spirit...

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

So find the One who is able to correctly direct your steps!
I agree John.

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although people may argue that the Trinity cannot be biblically proven, it can be eternally known through the Spirit of the Living God who dwells within all who believe in Jesus and live by faith according to his will and word.

The Trinity is not a requirement for salvation. The Trinity is a result of salvation because without the indwelling Spirit, the Trinity cannot be understood!. As Augustine put it ~ "Anyone who denies the Trinity is in danger of losing his salvation, and anyone who tries to understand it is in danger of losing his mind."

You cannot lose something you did not have in the first place and without the Holy Spirit, you cannot know or understand the Godhead....

Shalom!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the above post. My inability to understand the Trinity I am devoid of the spirit of God

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My next question would be,,,,, is there any more religious beliefs people wish to impose on me before I begin dividing alms out for you?

Reactions: 101G

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be bluntly honest, not one single person on this forum — or in this entire world — understands the idea of the Trinity. And we are not asked, anywhere in the Bible, to believe in whatever "The Trinity" might be in order to be saved.
I agree but according to the mods statement they have it, I believe they should be able to clearly explain.

I've received no answer