Is pre-tribulation rapture a doctrines of demons?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am really starting to wonder if the pre-tribulation rapture is a doctrine of demons. It sounds wonderful but in reality I think it is a stretch to conclude that there will be a pre-trib rapture from scripture. Yet it is taught with confidence that it is truth. If it is a false teaching that Timothy warns about, many people will be devastated when they are not raptured before the poop hits the fan. I am not worried as I am sure God will protect us but if I spend my days attending a church that teaches this am I just itching my ears? I want truth, I can handle the truth.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but if I spend my days attending a church that teaches this am I just itching my ears? I want truth, I can handle the truth.
Off on a little bit of a tangent here, but is there any church where they always teach the Truth as per God and nothing but that Truth? Is there anyone physical place that has it all and teaches it all? How does God view such places where the Truth is missed in some part?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Off on a little bit of a tangent here, but is there any church where they always teach the Truth as per God and nothing but that Truth? Is there anyone physical place that has it all and teaches it all? How does God view such places where the Truth is missed in some part?
Probably not. But that is a pretty big deal in my opinion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably not. But that is a pretty big deal in my opinion.
Yes, missing it a little here or a little there... or perhaps a lot, can be a big deal. The thing is... do we recognize that we may be coming up short in knowledge and therefore are we continuing to seek as Jesus advised us to do? When do we stop and sit back on our laurels, so to speak? Never, while we still have time, as I see it.

Reactions: Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I just don't want to be held accountable for leading people to false hope as the pre-trib could possibly.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I just don't want to be held accountable for leading people to false hope as the pre-trib could possibly.
When I first became a Pentecostal they taught in favor of a pre-trib rapture based on essentially one verse of scripture. Never having read the Bible before I simply accepted what they told me. Later on my mind and heart were changed on that issue. If we are able to remain always on the Lord's side, will the existence or non-existence of such a catching away ultimately make a difference?

How much persecution must we suffer? Why should we be kept from persecution?

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." John 15:20

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am really starting to wonder if the pre-tribulation rapture is a doctrine of demons.
Why are you starting to wonder in this fashion? It would appear that you know little or nothing about this doctrine, or perhaps only the propaganda which opposes it.

Any doctrine which is taught by God and Christ has nothing to do with demons. And the rapture of Enoch should be sufficient to refute your false belief.

And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. (Gen 5:23,24)

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. (Heb 11:5)

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you starting to wonder in this fashion? It would appear that you know little or nothing about this doctrine, or perhaps only the propaganda which opposes it.

Any doctrine which is taught by God and Christ has nothing to do with demons. And the rapture of Enoch should be sufficient to refute your false belief.

And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. (Gen 5:23,24)

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. (Heb 11:5)

Why do you think I know little or nothing about this doctrine? That has been all I have been taught since being a Christian. I have doubts from my own bible reading. I attend a Calvary Chapel, that's what they teach. No need to get offended.

I have been shown all of the verses that have supposedly point to a pre trip rapture. None of these scriptures say there will be a pre trip rapture. I do not find sufficient evidence that there is a pre trip rapture. I find more evidence of the opposite. I don't find anywhere that he comes twice, once to get his church and one to unleash wrath. He says that he will keep us from the hour of trial(think Noah in a boat). Sure he took two people before their appointed time of death(probably the two witnesses) but it doesn't say he will rapture us before the trial. He says he will rapture us at the last trump. I think we will be here, just protected.

I mean just look at:

1 Thessalonians 4:16 ESV
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

And:

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord,that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

The dead rising happens at the end not in the beginning of the trouble. Ans it says that THEN we will caught up.