Is revelation chapter 19 actually the second coming or a different message?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a general belief that Revelation chapter 19 is the second coming when Jesus literally rides down from heaven on his white horse and destroys all of his enemies with His armies but is this what the text actually says?

There are three messages in this chapter which is for the seven churches who Revelation was actuallywritten to.

The first message in this chapter is the threefold Halleluiah victory cries over mystery Babylon (who I believe represents Jerusalem which was destroyed in 70AD) being destroyed. God had judged Babylon the great as she was destroyed by the beast (who I believe to represent Rome in the first century) for Gods purpose.

The text says that God has avenged his servants who were persecuted and killed by Babylon the great and we know that Israel was the first to persecute the church and had also persecuted and killed many prophets in the times of the Old Testament. Only Israel killed both the prophets and the saints see the verses below.

Revelation 18 the destruction of Babylon the great

Rev 18:20
20“Rejoice over her, you heavens!
Rejoice, you people of God!
Rejoice, apostles and prophets!
For God has judged her
with the judgement she imposed on you.”

Rev18:24
24In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people,
of all who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

These verses takes us back to what Jesus said about Jerusalem in

Matthew 23:33-38
33“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

37“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38Look, your house is left to you desolate.

The second message in Revelation 19 is that the time has come for the wedding supper of the lamb and we the bride of the lamb have made our self ready. Revelation shows the ending of Gods relationship between earthly Jerusalem and the new marriage of the lamb to the new Jerusalem the church.

The last message of chapter 19 is the destruction of the beast who destroyed Babylon the great. John sees what is happening up in heaven not what happens on earth. The bible doesn't mention Jesus or His armies coming to the earth only that He is seen riding a white horse in victory up in heaven with the armies following him as He is king of kings and lord of lords.

When John saw heaven opened in chapter 21 he sees the Holy City come down out of heaven but he doesn't say that Jesus comes down out of heaven in chapter 19. There are other times in Revelation that mentions angels coming down from heaven but not in this case in chapter 19. There is no physical battle the armies of heaven or the armies on earth are not fighting there are no weapons mentioned accept the sword out of Jesus' mouth which is symbolic for His word which is all powerful and all He needs its his word that defeats all His enemies not any of our fighting.

If no one knows when Jesus is returning then how come the beast knows when to gather and fight Jesus?

Chapter 19 represents an ever ongoing event of Jesus defeating all of his enemies over all time with His word as they all rise and fall but Jesus still reigns. It states that the birds will eat the flesh of all people great and small free and slave this is not a one time event the birds eating the flesh is not literal but showing that all who oppose God will die.

The only two who are judged at this time are the beast and the false prophet who I believe to be a demon in control of Rome and its leaders during the first century and the false prophet to be a demon in control of apostate Israel in the first century. They can't be people as all people will be judged before being cast to hell on the judgement day but these two are cast into hell alive just like Satan is in the next chapter who we know that he is a demon.

The purpose of chapter 19 is the messages of the judgement of Babylon the great the wedding of the church to the lamb and of the defeat of Jesus' enemies not Jesus fighting a bloody battle on earth.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If no one knows when Jesus is returning then how come the beast knows when to gather and fight Jesus?
Who says that the Beast knows when to gather and fight "Jesus"? The Antichrist gathers his army to destroy Jerusalem and the Jews. He does not know that that is also the signal for him to be destroyed by Christ supernaturally. Yes, Revelation 19 is about the Second coming of Christ and the first order of business is the battle of Armageddon.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
not Jesus fighting a bloody battle on earth.
A river of blood 200 miles long and 5 feet deep will flow at that time, while hundreds of thousands of carcasses will be devoured by the birds of prey summoned by God to their "feast". Why are you trying to make up your own fantasies when all of this is recorded in Scripture. I have yet to see sound doctrine being posted by you.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who says that the Beast knows when to gather and fight "Jesus"? The Antichrist gathers his army to destroy Jerusalem and the Jews. He does not know that that is also the signal for him to be destroyed by Christ supernaturally. Yes, Revelation 19 is about the Second coming of Christ and the first order of business is the battle of Armageddon.

The bible says so

Rev19:19
19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army.

Im sure if it’s in the future the beast would know what’s written in the bible

Its not the battle of Armageddon the world Armageddon isn’t in chapter 19 that battle is in rev 16 when the beast destroyes Babylon the great it’s not about the defeat of the beast and that happened before chapter 19

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A river of blood 200 miles long and 5 feet deep will flow at that time, while hundreds of thousands of carcasses will be devoured by the birds of prey summoned by God to their "feast". Why are you trying to make up your own fantasies when all of this is recorded in Scripture. I have yet to see sound doctrine being posted by you.

I used sound doctrine in my post.

The sword is symbolic for Jesus word not a literal sword and not just one time like in the verse below

Revelation 2:16
16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

The 200 mile long river of blood from chapter 14 is also about Babylon the great not the defeat of the beast which happens before chapter 19

No offence but your biblical doctrine isn’t matching the proper timing

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a general belief that Revelation chapter 19 is the second coming when Jesus literally rides down from heaven on his white horse and destroys all of his enemies with His armies but is this what the text actually says?

There are three messages in this chapter which is for the seven churches who Revelation was actuallywritten to.

The first message in this chapter is the threefold Halleluiah victory cries over mystery Babylon (who I believe represents Jerusalem which was destroyed in 70AD) being destroyed. God had judged Babylon the great as she was destroyed by the beast (who I believe to represent Rome in the first century) for Gods purpose.

The text says that God has avenged his servants who were persecuted and killed by Babylon the great and we know that Israel was the first to persecute the church and had also persecuted and killed many prophets in the times of the Old Testament. Only Israel killed both the prophets and the saints see the verses below.

For God has judged her

33“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

37“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38Look, your house is left to you desolate.

The second message in Revelation 19 is that the time has come for the wedding supper of the lamb and we the bride of the lamb have made our self ready. Revelation shows the ending of Gods relationship between earthly Jerusalem and the new marriage of the lamb to the new Jerusalem the church.

The last message of chapter 19 is the destruction of the beast who destroyed Babylon the great. John sees what is happening up in heaven not what happens on earth. The bible doesn't mention Jesus or His armies coming to the earth only that He is seen riding a white horse in victory up in heaven with the armies following him as He is king of kings and lord of lords.

When John saw heaven opened in chapter 21 he sees the Holy City come down out of heaven but he doesn't say that Jesus comes down out of heaven in chapter 19. There are other times in Revelation that mentions angels coming down from heaven but not in this case in chapter 19. There is no physical battle the armies of heaven or the armies on earth are not fighting there are no weapons mentioned accept the sword out of Jesus' mouth which is symbolic for His word which is all powerful and all He needs its his word that defeats all His enemies not any of our fighting.

Chapter 19 represents an ever ongoing event of Jesus defeating all of his enemies over all time with His word as they all rise and fall but Jesus still reigns. It states that the birds will eat the flesh of all people great and small free and slave this is not a one time event the birds eating the flesh is not literal but showing that all who oppose God will die.

The only two who are judged at this time are the beast and the false prophet who I believe to be a demon in control of Rome and its leaders during the first century and the false prophet to be a demon in control of apostate Israel in the first century. They can't be people as all people will be judged before being cast to hell on the judgement day but these two are cast into hell alive just like Satan is in the next chapter who we know that he is a demon.

The purpose of chapter 19 is the messages of the judgement of Babylon the great the wedding of the church to the lamb and of the defeat of Jesus' enemies not Jesus fighting a bloody battle on earth.

This is what people are missing. Satan is destroyed by the words coming out of the mouth. This should happen at the 7th Trumpet.

Instead we see Satan given 42 months. This is what splits the week of days in Daniel 9:27. So for those 42 months there is desolation.

The only harvest is of those beheaded.

Then at the end, Christ does come to earth and destroys the last of Adam's flesh, and Satan. Then Satan is bound for 1000 years, and Christ does reign on earth for 1000 years. The 70th week is completed at Armageddon.

Then for 1000 years all those promises in Daniel 9:24 are reality on physical earth.

So the only reason for the return in Revelation 19, is only because Satan is allowed control over the earth for 42 months. Revelation 13:7

The final harvest is Christ on earth at the 6th Seal. The final harvest is the Trumpets and Thunders. When the 7th Trumpet is sounded, there may be a split in this week of celebration.

There is no need for a split, if the church would repent and turn from wickedness. This would allow God to heal the nations like how Nineveh repented in sackcloth and ashes. I do not see the church today willing to make that sacrifice to prevent Satan's 42 months.

Most are waiting to see if an AC is going to show up. Not even covid 19 as a wake up call, has seemed to faze the church. The first Seal will be looked back upon as a time of regret.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible says so

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army.

Its not the battle of Armageddon the world Armageddon isn’t in chapter 19 that battle is in rev 16 when the beast destroyes Babylon the great it’s not about the defeat of the beast and that happened before chapter 19
Revelation 16 and 19 is the same event.

Revelation 19 is not the Second Coming, which is at the 6th Seal. John does not describe the return to the Mount of Olives and the defeat of the army attacking Israel.

Armageddon is 42 months after Satan is given control in Revelation 13. 15-19 is the description of this 42 months.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 16 and 19 is the same event.

Revelation 19 is not the Second Coming, which is at the 6th Seal. John does not describe the return to the Mount of Olives and the defeat of the army attacking Israel.

Armageddon is 42 months after Satan is given control in Revelation 13. 15-19 is the description of this 42 months.

How can they be the same event when one is the defeat of Babylon the great by the beast and the other is the defeat of the beast and the false prophet by Jesus?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For God has judged her

Matthew 25 establishes that the wedding supper occurs at Jesus’ second coming to the earth:

Mat 25:10 And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut.

Mat 25:11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open to us.’

Mat 25:12 But he answered, ‘Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.

2 Thessalonians 1 under the heading of - The Judgment at His coming - establishes that He returns in flaming fire and with vengeance, and that the Day Of The Lord is synonymous with His second coming:

2Th 1:7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels

2Th 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

2Th 1:9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

2Th 1:10 when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed.

Scripture therefore shows us that Jesus returns to earth in flaming fire, taking vengeance on the unbelievers in the world at His second coming, and the wedding supper in Revelation 19 takes place right afterwards.

That return to earth begins the millennial reign of Christ - and the final battle where Satan gathers his armies around the city after he is released at the end of the thousand years - takes place then.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 25 establishes that the wedding supper occurs at Jesus’ second coming to the earth:

Mat 25:10 And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut.

Mat 25:11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open to us.’

2 Thessalonians 1 under the heading of - The Judgment at His coming - establishes that He returns in flaming fire and with vengeance, and that the Day Of The Lord is synonymous with His second coming:

2Th 1:7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels

2Th 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

2Th 1:9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

2Th 1:10 when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed.

Scripture therefore shows us that Jesus returns to earth in flaming fire, taking vengeance on the unbelievers in the world at His second coming, and the wedding supper in Revelation 19 takes place right afterwards.

That return to earth begins the millennial reign of Christ - and the final battle where Satan gathers his armies around the city after he is released at the end of the thousand years - takes place then.

The wedding

Revelation 19 clearly shows that the wedding supper happens after Babylon the great is destroyed before the beast is destroyed and revelation 20 clearly shows that the coming with fire is after the thousand years. Remember revelation 17 shows us that it is the beast who destroyed Babylon the great for Gods purpose.

I believe that the wedding supper is the union of Jesus and His bride the church and it happens as each Christian dies individually and goes to heaven

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What verse shows Satan defeating Babylon?

I didn’t say satan I said the beast

Revelation 17:16-17
16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked;they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible says so

Revelation 19 is nothing more than the second coming of Jesus Christ to the battle of Armageddon

Rev 16, 19, 20, are "Parallel" teachings of the same event

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t say satan I said the beast

Revelation 17:16-17
16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked;they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled.
Satan is the one in charge for 42 months. The beast and false prophet are just puppets. Chapters 17 and 18 just describe what happens in these 42 months. There is still only one Armageddon.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is the one in charge for 42 months. The beast and false prophet are just puppets. Chapters 17 and 18 just describe what happens in these 42 months. There is still only one Armageddon.
The (Two Witnesses) Rule The Tribulation, Not The Antichrist (Fact)

The Great Tribulation Will Be Upon The Antichrist And Wicked, The Church Is Protected, "Dont Be Deceived"

There's Going To Be An End Times Persecution, The Beast And His Kingdom Are The Target Of God's Empowered (Two Witnesses)

The Great Tribulation Will Come Upon The Wicked World, While The (Sealed Church) Is Protected

The (Sealed Church) will be present on earth and protected, when wicked men are tormented 5 months, desiring to die as death flees

All saved believers are (Sealed) by God, Eph 1:13, 4:30

Ephesians 1:13KJV
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30KJV
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

It Was Commanded, Only Those Without God's Seal Will Be Tormented, The Sealed Church Is Protected

Revelation 9:3-6KJV
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Plagues upon The Beast and his Kingdom, a remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

Revelation 11:3-6
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Revelation 16:1-11KJV
1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 19 is nothing more than the second coming of Jesus Christ to the battle of Armageddon

Rev 16, 19, 20, are "Parallel" teachings of the same event

How can they be the same event when one is the defeat of Babylon the great by the beast and the other is the defeat of the beast and the false prophet by Jesus?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If know one knows when Jesus will come back then how come the beast is waiting for Him with the false prophet and his armies?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the thousand heat reign happens after the so called second coming in revelation 19 who would we reign over if the birds have eaten all people.

Revelation 19:17-18
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the thousand heat reign happens after the so called second coming in revelation 19 who would we reign over if the birds have eaten all people.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”
How was the earth populated after the earth was destroyed in the Flood?

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The way you read Rev. 19:17-18 comes from a failure to take other passages into account like Isa. 28:10 says you should. Zechariah tells us who those people are:

"And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. It shall come to pass in that day that a great panic from the LORD will be among them. Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor, and raise his hand against his neighbor’s hand;" - Zech. 14:12-13