Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Total voters

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ive been itching to get this off my hairy chest. Now its time

Santa Claus a fraud

I don't like Santa Claus at all... His like a false idol in my book.

The 25th of December is the day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus... Santa Claus is nothing but a distraction. Taking the glory away from Christ

And why do we lie to kids about Santa... We teach them not to lie than we lie to them... Such hypocrites. Doesn't set a good example... Why do we need Santa claus, why not teach the kids to give gifs instead of expecting something from this false idol

Santa clause is a fraud... Invented by Coke to promote their product i believe. Maybe someone else can give us a bit more of a history lesson on him, the false idol

From very young i thought Santa was a fool... One Christmas morning i woke up to find a new bicycle under the tree... But it was a girls bike. I was sceptical from that day on

I wonder how Christians used to celebrate Christmas, pre Santa... Most likely by focusing more on Christ. We should go back to that i think

So then, what do you think... Is Santa a fraud?

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Santa Claus a fraud

The 25th of December is the day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus... Santa Claus is nothing but a distraction. Taking the glory away from Christ

And why do we lie to kids about Santa... We teach them not to lie than we lie to them... Such hypocrites. Doesn't set a good example... Why do we need Santa claus, why not teach the kids to give gifs instead of expecting something from this false idol

Santa clause is a fraud... Invented by Coke to promote their product i believe. Maybe someone else can give us a bit more of a history lesson on him, the false idol

From very young i thought Santa was a fool... One Christmas morning i woke up to find a new bicycle under the tree... But it was a girls bike.

I wonder how Christians used to celebrate Christmas, pre Santa... Most likely by focusing more on Christ. We should go back to that i think

December 25th itself is a pagan holiday, the day Tammuz was born on the winter solstice which on the ancient pagan calander is December 25th, the reborn Nimrod as the child sun God of Semiramis who was the mother and wife of Nimrod. Hence that's where Lent comes from the 40 days of weeping for Tammuz and where the Cross came to be incorporated as a Christian symbol which is the t in Tammuz's name, just as many Christian and Christmas symbols that are pagan in nature were incorporated into Christianity without many even knowing its origins.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont worship Santa Claus nor the date dec 25 it only becomes a idol if you worship the date and figure of man

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Santa Claus is from a Saint Nick that gave presents in the spirit of Christ. If honoring Saints is pagan or idol worship in your mind then don't celebrate it. But I don't think we should say that those beliefs are for everyone. Not everyone calls the hollidays pagan or idol worship. Only a very few people do that.

"The modern character of Santa is based on traditions surrounding the historical Saint Nicholas, the English figure of Father Christmas and the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas." Santa Claus - Wikipedia

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught in school about Saint Nicholas and how Christmas originated it's tradition of gift giving:

Saint Nicholas was a 4th-century Greek Christian bishop of Myra (now Demre) in the region of Lycia in the Roman Empire, today in Turkey. Nicholas was famous for his generous gifts to the poor, in particular presenting the three impoverished daughters of a pious Christian with dowries so that they would not have to become prostitutes.[8] He was very religious from an early age and devoted his life entirely to Christianity. In continental Europe (more precisely the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, the Czech Republic and Germany) he is usually portrayed as a bearded bishop in canonical robes.

In 1087, while the Greek Christian inhabitants of Myra were subjugated by the newly arrived Muslim Seljuq dynasty, and soon after their Greek Orthodox church had been declared to be in schism by the Catholic church (1054 AD), a group of merchants from the Italian city of Bari removed the major bones of Nicholas's skeleton from his sarcophagus in the Greek church in Myra. Over the objection of the monks of Myra the sailors took the bones of St. Nicholas to Bari, where they are now enshrined in the Basilica di San Nicola. Sailors from Bari collected just half of Nicholas' skeleton, leaving all the minor fragments in the church sarcophagus. These were later taken by Venetian sailors during the First Crusade and placed in Venice, where a church to St. Nicholas, the patron of sailors, was built on the San Nicolò al Lido. St. Nicholas' vandalized sarcophagus can still be seen in the St. Nicholas Church in Myra. This tradition was confirmed in two important scientific investigations of the relics in Bari and Venice, which revealed that the relics in the two Italian cities belong to the same skeleton. Saint Nicholas was later claimed as a patron saint of many diverse groups, from archers, sailors, and children to pawnbrokers.[8][9] He is also the patron saint of both Amsterdam and Moscow.[10]

During the Middle Ages, often on the evening before his name day of 6 December, children were bestowed gifts in his honour. This date was earlier than the original day of gifts for the children, which moved in the course of the Reformation and its opposition to the veneration of saints in many countries on 24 and 25 December. The custom of gifting to children at Christmas has been propagated by Martin Luther as an alternative to the previous very popular gift custom on St. Nicholas, to focus the interest of the children to Christ instead of the veneration of saints. Martin Luther first suggested the Christkind as the bringer of gifts. But Nicholas remained popular as gifts bearer for the people.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we need to be cautious of calling good things evil:

Isaiah 5:20

King James Version

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Santa Claus a fraud

From very young i thought Santa was a fool... One Christmas morning i woke up to find a new bicycle under the tree... But it was a girls bike.

Today, the fictitious character of Santa Claus is a fabrication of that spirit of antichrist.
Though general society likes to hook him up as an after the fact fictitious character, there really was a religious Catholic St. NIcholas, who would leave gifts secretly at local peoples doors.

history of st nicholas history of st nicholas - Google Search

St. Nicholas, Santa Claus & Father Christmas on whychristmas?com

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
December 25th itself is a pagan holiday, the day Tammuz was born on the winter solstice which on the ancient pagan calander is December 25th, the reborn Nimrod as the child sun God of Semiramis who was the mother and wife of Nimrod. Hence that's where Lent comes from the 40 days of weeping for Tammuz and where the Cross came to be incorporated as a Christian symbol which is the t in Tammuz's name, just as many Christian and Christmas symbols that are pagan in nature were incorporated into Christianity without many even knowing its origins.

This is fantasy

1. Tammus was not born of 25th December. According to the Online Encyclopaedia Britannica the celebration of Tammuz’s death was in March-April, but by 7th century BC was June-July – before the time Ezekial prophesied and saw the vision of the women weeping.

2. According to Wkipedia the winter solstice is December 21 or 22 (in the Northen Hemisphere) not December 25th. There is an extensive article on Tammuz in Wikipedia but no date for his death is given.

3. Ez 8:14 references women weeping to Tammuz. There is no mention of fasting or 40 days. The 40 days fasting of Lent is based on the 40 days fasting of Jesus in the desert (Lk4:1-2) and is a preparation for Easter.

4. Semiramis was not, and could not be the wife of Nimrod.

The Encyclopaedia Americana and The Encyclopaedia Britannica say Semiramis (or Sammu-ramat), As she was called by the Assyrians, was the wife of Shamshi-Adad V who reigned 823-811 BC. (Sammu-ramat | queen of Assyria)

Nimrod on the other hand is identified by some scholars as Sargon the Great (who lived about 2600 BC), others with Gilgamesh (who lived about 2200 BC), other with the Egyptian monarch Amenophis III (about 1411 BC), others with the Assyrianor Tukulti-Ninurti I (about 1246 BC). So Semiramis and Nimrod lived several centuries apart.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 is 100% correct and they told us about Saint Nicholas at the church yesterday.
There are many saints in the church that have been used by all non believers and turned into commercial holidays and have nothing to do with their lives or their mission.
A few other examples include: Saint Patrick or St Valentine.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 is 100% correct and they told us about Saint Nicholas at the church yesterday.
There are many saints in the church that have been used by all non believers and turned into commercial holidays and have nothing to do with their lives or their mission.
Christmas time is supposed to be a time of giving. But children find it a time to receive. And it can be a wonderfully happy experience for them. Something to carry into their lives into adulthood. And when their adults they can remember what it was like to receive gifts you weren't able to provide for themselves and the happiness it brought. And with that memory bless the lives of the poor and ill by buying them things. It is a Christian tradition.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Juno Fructifier or Juno Februata
The Romans celebrated a holiday on February 14th to honor Juno Fructifier, Queen of the Roman gods and goddesses. In one ritual, women would submit their names to a common box and men would each draw one out. These two would be a couple for the duration of the festival (and at times for the entire following year). Both rituals were designed to promote fertility.

St Valentine’s Day is of pagan origins.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Juno Fructifier or Juno Februata
The Romans celebrated a holiday on February 14th to honor Juno Fructifier, Queen of the Roman gods and goddesses. In one ritual, women would submit their names to a common box and men would each draw one out. These two would be a couple for the duration of the festival (and at times for the entire following year). Both rituals were designed to promote fertility.

St Valentine’s Day is of pagan origins.

Okie dokie. Trump is king. The election was stolen and the vaccines are killing billions of people.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Santa Claus is from a Saint Nick that gave presents in the spirit of Christ.
While saint Nicholas was real way back when, Santa Claus is indeed a fraud, and the whole myth about him is fraudulent. There's no one at the North Pole preparing gifts for little boys and girls who've been good, then riding a sleigh all over the world through the sky, going down every chimney, depositing his gifts etc. all in ONE NIGHT. That is giving a mythical creature supernatural powers which only belong to God. Anyhow, todays Santa Claus is another fraud -- Klaus Schwab -- a servant of Satan, possible a demon himself, trying to destroy the whole world.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While saint Nicholas was real way back when, Santa Claus is indeed a fraud, and the whole myth about him is fraudulent. There's no one at the North Pole preparing gifts for little boys and girls who've been good, then riding a sleigh all over the world through the sky, going down every chimney, depositing his gifts etc. all in ONE NIGHT. That is giving a mythical creature supernatural powers which only belong to God. Anyhow, todays Santa Claus is another fraud -- Klaus Schwab -- a servant of Satan, possible a demon himself, trying to destroy the whole world.
your getting a lump of coal for Christmas Santa Claus is watching you :eek::)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
your getting a lump of coal for Christmas Santa Claus is watching you :eek::)
That would be very useful as long as it is a huge lump. Coal has been given a bad rap for absolutely no good reason. Clean energy can in fact be produced from coal. But with all the anti-coal and anti-oil propaganda, no one bothers to examine the science. God has provided coal and oil as fuels, but evil men do not wish to see everyone benefit by reducing the costs and distributing the fuels widely.

Reactions: JohnPaul and TLHKAJ

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be very useful as long as it is a huge lump. Coal has been given a bad rap for absolutely no good reason. Clean energy can in fact be produced from coal. But with all the anti-coal and anti-oil propaganda, no one bothers to examine the science. God has provided coal and oil as fuels, but evil men do not wish to see everyone benefit by reducing the costs and distributing the fuels widely.
maybe santa will put some in your stocking..

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3. Ez 8:14 references women weeping to Tammuz. There is no mention of fasting or 40 days. The 40 days fasting of Lent is based on the 40 days fasting of Jesus in the desert (Lk4:1-2) and is a preparation for Easter.
why is this?
After Jesus 40 days in the wilderness, He went out to preach. Why do people do a 40 day fast before the Resurrection? Nowhere written as a preclude to Easter. Just curious.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
why is this?
After Jesus 40 days in the wilderness, He went out to preach. Why do people do a 40 day fast before the Resurrection? Nowhere written as a preclude to Easter. Just curious.

It's just a tradition I think, from memory in the Anglican Church some people may choose to give up something for 40 days during lent.