Is Science Mike a Good Apologist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Science Mike?

• Total voters

Brother Jason

Jul 26, 2017
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Science Mike (Mike McHargue) is a dude (NOT a scientist) with a podcast called "Ask Science Mike". The format of his podcast is people ask him questions and he (sort of) answers them by way of referencing pop-science books he's read. Someone told me that they listen to it, so I listened to the first episode out of curiosity and I hated it. Apparently it's geared toward atheists and agnostics who are seeking spirituality (or something vague like that), and it's apparently quite popular. Do people here listen to it? What do you think? Is it a good witness to seeker-sensitive atheists, or just watered down scientism thinly masked as Christianity?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a little sample of Science Mike. Not impressed.

The english starts at around 23 seconds.

Brother Jason

Jul 26, 2017
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW! I hadn't seen that video before, that was insane! Yeah, that guy's definitely NOT a Christian!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have never heard of him...but by the video...he is an enemy of the cross...and no friend of ours!! :rolleyes:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have never heard of him...but by the video...he is an enemy of the cross...and no friend of ours!! :rolleyes:
is he the enemy? or is he the Jesus died for? what are you to do with him?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
is he the enemy? or is he the Jesus died for? what are you to do with him?

I didn't say that he was 'my' enemy...I said that he is an enemy of the cross. Two different things.

I don't see in the book of Timothy that Paul tiptoed about..
He said:- " Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works." He didn't say;- "lets go and hug him."

Just saying.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, #1. how did he get the name science Mike in the first place?. #2. when he said "most or some of the events in Christ life have some scientific explanation", I had to laugh. because if some was scientific and the rest was not, a true scientist would not go through any explanation of what was not true in science. from that, one can see straight through as to what Mike here was trying to do here. simply put, what he couldn't explain, he couldn't believe in.

1 Timothy 6:20 "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called". so I'll avoid this.