Is smoking weed a sin??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Bad ............news is yesGood news.............. is you might not remember doing it...
smile.gif
seriously.........I would say yes as a recreational drug ........to do anything to excess is a sin.......but its the breaking of the law the supporting the drug dealers and all that envoles that makes this sinful. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Interesting note here on the Word sorcerer's in the Greek the Word is pharmakeus from pharmakon (a drug, i.e. spell-giving potion)It is where we get our word pharmaceutical and means one who makes or takes pharmaceuticals or drugs that can cause One to believe a lie..... that is their mind is altered

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I don't know Kriss.If a person takes weed to get high, then yes it's a sin. But if it's used for medical purposes, say a certain chemical only found in weed cures the body for a certain disease, then there is no problem.Don't get high
wink.gif
. Although a safer alternative to smoking would be to drink it in a tea form. It might take a while to get everything into the water though.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Okay interesting so far. Now tell me this. Why did God put that herb on earth. Why not take it away. yes it is a natural herb. I am always wanted to get deep into this

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
It's just a plant. Why did God put poisonous mushrooms on earth? Why did God put cocoa plants on earth?

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(ForYou;47321)
Okay interesting so far. Now tell me this. Why did God put that herb on earth. Why not take it away. yes it is a natural herb. I am always wanted to get deep into this
This herb may have some sort of useful medical and/or technological benefit in the future that we haven't discovered yet. The problem with Mary Jane (when smoked) is that it produces like 3 times the tar of a normal cigarette (which is already bad), and it damages your short term memory.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Well now it damages but so does a McDonalds Hamburger
smile.gif
ha. So why not quit eating those. I mean you are consuming nearly 3 times the amount of calories when eating that instead of a normal home-made burger? I am looking for more

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If you guys reread my post I did clarifiey.. as a recreational drug. I dont think anyone is going to hell for doing it once or twice but look at all you are supporting Its the biggest import that comes across the Mexico border it funds literal drug cartel armies there and they kill anyone who gets in their way in partaking you are in effect supporting this behavior. Now I do not think this applies to medical uses smoking it for medical reasons is fineMy personal opinion they should legalize it and put the same controls on it as Alcohol then no one would be breaking laws supporting criminals and getting killed over it.In that case it would be the same as alcohol as far as the rule of sin ....nothing to excess

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
yeah my brother (which is 24) smokes weed and always uses the argument -- The bible does not say "do not smoke weed".

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(ForYou;47324)
Well now it damages but so does a McDonalds Hamburger
smile.gif
ha. So why not quit eating those. I mean you are consuming nearly 3 times the amount of calories when eating that instead of a normal home-made burger? I am looking for more
Let the ol' man here say, I am not aware of anything in the bible speaking against this. However, what would the purpose of smoking it be? To get high? Alcohol does the same thing, and the bible condemns not alcohol per se, but in excess. I would categorize weed the same way.However, you are a good kid. Don't do something that will hurt you. I wouldn't want that to happen. (and that goes for overly daring snowboarding as well
biggrin.gif
)

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
I agree with kriss as it is agaisnt the law in most countries doing it would be a sin because we are told to obey the rules authority places over us. Now I know in some countries it is legal but here I agree with Tim. Alcohol is a drug ,one that is legal but the Bible says to not get drunk(if you did not know this you should know Jesus never drank alcohol He drank wine yes but in those days the best wine was alcohol free). So when the Bible says do not get drunk its what fools do. I think its talking about all kinds of chemicals than influance your frame of mind so yes smoking weed to get high is a sin.I used heroin for a year and recently came out of rehab I was very lucky God has changed my life and now I do not smoke, drink or do any drugs its so much better. So guys be very careful drugs start with weed you get that feeling and then you want more I personally think alcohol and drugs are one of the devils greatest lies to lead us to hell.The Bible advises against anything that makes your mind unsober it says you are a fool if you do that.So ask yourself are you a fool??Hope not!!God bless

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
Don't smoke weed man...that stuff messed me up wacko nut job. Maybe it's ok if you need it for diet reasons or sleep reasons or there's other stuff it's prescribed for. But I think you would usually take THC pills instead of smoking weed.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Maveric;47464)
Why did he put mosquitoes on Earth? That is what I'm wondering!
smile.gif

To bug you.There is a pun in that sentence.

The Disciple

Apr 29, 2008
Hi Guys,My first post here. As a 70's vintage former hippie turned Jesus Freak I say it is a sin. It blows your mind! It takes away our reasoning that we need to stay in touch with the Lord.

Apr 28, 2008
Maveric;47464 said:
Why did he put mosquitoes on Earth? That is what I'm wondering!
smile.gif
[/QUOTE/]So that we would desire to be with him. If he made a "perfect" earth (to our standers) with nothing annoying we wouldn't long for his return!

Apr 28, 2008
Why did he put mosquitoes on Earth? So that we would desire to be with him. If he made a "perfect" earth (to our standers) with nothing annoying we wouldn't long for his return!

percoid

Jun 20, 2008
Taking illegal drugs and some legal drugs is a form of devil worship. I lost God's Spirit out of my heart and the inborn nature came back in because of pot. It was during a time early in my christian walk and God was teaching me about the inborn nature. I smoked the pot and because it had been a year since I last smoked I became very high. I realized what I did and started praying asking God to forgive and He spoke to me. It was one of the few times that God has actually spoke to me, He said (I am everything, the universe and all in it r nothing.U r privaleged because u know the way, u r privaleged because u have stood in the prsence of God. Then His Spirit left me and the inborn nature came back in like a flood. I was never more scared for my suol as at this time. I went home and had to call a friend in the church that I had great faith in to come and pray with me I had no faith left in God. In about 15 minutes of praying I knew that God had forgiven me but I prayed all that night and most of the following Day before His Spirit would come back into my heart. The bible tells of when a place is sweapt and clean and when a spirit returns it bring with it 7 worse than itself. The things that came back into my heart with their combined power could make me do whatever thay wanted, the urge was so strong I could not say no to it. But God finally came back into my heart and cleansed it again. Be careful with any drug that puts u into an alternate state of consciousness giving a demon (fallen angel) more influence over u thus a form of devil worship, god will not tolerate it.