Is The Beast Of Revelation 13:1-8 A Political System On Earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beast that rises out of the sea or multitudes of people, will be a literal individual human man, and is described with (Personal Pronouns) He, His, Him

Revelation 13:1-8KJV
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beast that rises out of the sea or multitudes of people, will be a literal individual human man, and is described with (Personal Pronouns) He, His, Him

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

He will rule a political system, of course - his own.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He will rule a political system, of course - his own.
I fully agree the beast who will be a human man will be given power of the worlds nations and systems, however (The Beast) isnt a political system as many claim, primarily preterist

Reactions: Curtis

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
and is described with (Personal Pronouns) He, His, Him
. . . as are many personifications of abstract concepts so on this point your argument fails.

Father Time.
Mother Earth.
The Grim Reaper.

Quote from Daemones or Spirit Personifications | Theoi Greek Mythology
Daemones (personified spirits) of the human condition and abstract concepts formed a large part of the Greek pantheon of gods. Their names are simply capitalized nouns so, for example, Eros is "Love" and Thanatus is "Death".

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . as are many personifications of abstract concepts so on this point your argument fails.

Father Time.
Mother Earth.
The Grim Reaper.

Quote from Daemones or Spirit Personifications | Theoi Greek Mythology
Daemones (personified spirits) of the human condition and abstract concepts formed a large part of the Greek pantheon of gods. Their names are simply capitalized nouns so, for example, Eros is "Love" and Thanatus is "Death".
We will disagree, the King James Translators were scholars of their day, He, His, Him, denotes a human man (Personal Pronouns)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We will disagree, the King James Translators were scholars of their day, He, His, Him, denotes a human man (Personal Pronouns)
That's not correct. Personal pronouns are used with metaphorical, non-human subjects in numerous Scriptures. Revelation 12 is a prime example, Truth7t7.
Rev 12:3-4
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. (4) And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not correct. Personal pronouns are used with metaphorical, non-human subjects in numerous Scriptures. Revelation 12 is a prime example, Truth7t7.
Rev 12:3-4
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. (4) And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
Paul has a (Man Of Sin) not a girl, a system, but a (Man)

2 Thessalonians 2:3KJV
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Daniels (Little Horn/The Beast) Will Have A Human Body, That Will Be Killed And (His Body) Thrown To The Flame (A Man)

Daniel 7:8-11KJV
8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Paul has a (Man Of Sin) not a girl, a system, but a (Man)
Yeah, so what, Truth7t7? He's referring to that Wicked/anomos/lawless one/son of perdition who is the ultimate endtimes false prophet depicted metaphorically as the 2nd beast in Revelation 13.

From My Notes:

BABYLON IS BURDENING THE BEAST

From the Sea of Sinful Humanity comes Beast 1:

BEAST 1 = Blasphemous Empire Actualising Satanic Tyranny

From the Earth of Evil Vanity comes Beast 2:

BEAST 2 = Blasphemous Emperor Actualising Satanic Tyranny

The Ten Crowned Horns of the Beast from the Sea actualise Babylon's Fall:

The TEN = Terminally Engineered Nihilistic

Rev 17:15-18 And he said unto me,

• (15) The waters which you saw, where the whore sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
  • (16) And the ten horns which you saw upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
  • (17) For God has put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
  • (18) And the woman which you saw is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.

Reactions: jessiblue

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation talks about four beasts.

I don't think it's a great idea to rest your case on a translation issue.

But the main thing is that, if we are waiting for one single human man that rises up from all the many nations and peoples and tongues of the world, that might take awhile. Five or ten years maybe.

If I'm right this is all happening right now in real time. We're like in a tribulum of the Matrix where everyone is walking around like things are getting back to normal. But it's not normal. Satan has done it already by proxy, by giving his power and authority to the composite beast. Because people are following their church and state authority, they worship the Dragon unwittingly.

Half or more of the other translations call it an it.

Chapter 17 says this calls for a mind with wisdom. Based on the head with the deadly wound having been healed being easily identified as the Vatican during the French revolution in 1798, we can see that the other 6 heads must be something of the same kind. Having blasphemous names written on them also points to the area of religion or belief systems.

And then it clearly tells us in plain language that the ten horns are ten kings which will be given power for one hour.

So this composite beast is not one individual man.

It's basically church and state, the governments and religions of the world.

“The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast.​

Along with the "beast" is not the composite beast. Along with the beast is the beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction. Along with the beast is the other "beast" that rises from the bottomless pit, make war on the two witnesses, and goes to his destruction. So when it says along with the beast, it means the ten kings will recieve power along with the "beast", who is the Dragon himself. And that to me is more spooky than even the Rosemary's baby deal.

That's the beast to worry about, Satan's house is NOT divided. They have only one king over them in the bottomless pit.

He's not a human man, but he's an individual.

And he can take control of a human man if God allows it.

I think he even asked Jesus if he could sift Peter like sand wheat.

"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you that he might sift you like wheat."​

So he should have no problem jumping into Judas, or Hitler, or Obama, or even old Biden.

Perish the thought, what an unlikely candidate.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree the beast who will be a human man will be given power of the worlds nations and systems, however (The Beast) isnt a political system as many claim, primarily preterist
The sea beast from Rev. 13 is both a man and the political system he will lead. Dan. 7 makes it absolutely clear that this view is biblical. He started the chapter by referring to the 4 beasts as kingdoms, and then the angel that spoke to Daniel in verse 17 said that the 4 beasts also represent the kings that were supposed to lead them. And since the book of Daniel unlocks Revelation, the clear takeaway is that the sea beast in Rev. 13 also represents a man and the empire he will lead. Verse 25 says this beast is supposed to persecute the saints of the Most High, and logic dictates that this isn't possible without the man having the political power to do so.

Reactions: Mosheli and Curtis

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People often look at me like I have three heads...maybe I'm not trying hard enough!

Reactions: Ziggy

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sea beast from Rev. 13 is both a man and the political system he will lead. Dan. 7 makes it absolutely clear that this view is biblical. He started the chapter by referring to the 4 beasts as kingdoms, and then the angel that spoke to Daniel in verse 17 said that the 4 beasts also represent the kings that were supposed to lead them. And since the book of Daniel unlocks Revelation, the clear takeaway is that the sea beast in Rev. 13 also represents a man and the empire he will lead. Verse 25 says this beast is supposed to persecute the saints of the Most High, and logic dictates that this isn't possible without the man having the political power to do so.
We will disagree that "Political System" equals the beast

A human man can lead a country or the world, dosent mean the country or world represents the beast

As scripture clearly teaches (The Beast) will be an individual human man, a king/ruler of Jewish/Hebrew decent

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We will disagree that "Political System" equals the beast

A human man can lead a country or the world, dosent mean the country or world represents the beast

As scripture clearly teaches (The Beast) will be an individual human man, a king/ruler of Jewish/Hebrew decent
Revelation 13 portrays two beasts, one from the sea and one from the earth. No-one will ever literally see them in physical form since their descriptions are metaphorical.

The first beast in Revelation 13 is a metaphor intended to mean the very real natural wickedness of man that rises from the sea of sinful humanity and manifests as very real IMPERIAL CONTROL.
The second beast in Revelation 13 is a metaphor intended to mean the very real man of wicked nature that rises from the earth of evil vanity and manifests as the very real IMPERIAL CONTROLLER.

The 7 heads of the beast are Imperial Entities and we learn these metaphorical heads morph into mountains which represent kings (Imperial Entities) as follows:

Rev 17:9-11
(9) And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.
(10) And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.
(11) And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.

Glory to God who knows all things and reveals the meaning of His Word as follows:

1. Egypt (fallen)
2. Assyria (fallen)
3. Babylon (fallen)
4. Medo-Persia (fallen)
5. Greece (fallen)
6. Political Rome (fallen since Paul wrote to the Thessalonians and John wrote the Revelation)
7. Papal Rome (active)
8. PERDITIOUS ROME - on the way, watch this space. (Figuratively Rome is all exalted human government worldwide)

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But the main thing is that, if we are waiting for one single human man that rises up from all the many nations and peoples and tongues of the world, that might take awhile. Five or ten years maybe.

If I'm right this is all happening right now in real time. We're like in a tribulum of the Matrix where everyone is walking around like things are getting back to normal. But it's not normal. Satan has done it already by proxy, by giving his power and authority to the composite beast. Because people are following their church and state authority, they worship the Dragon unwittingly.

Chapter 17 says this calls for a mind with wisdom. Based on the head with the deadly wound having been healed being easily identified as the Vatican during the French revolution in 1798, we can see that the other 6 heads must be something of the same kind. Having blasphemous names written on them also points to the area of religion or belief systems.

And then it clearly tells us in plain language that the ten horns are ten kings which will be given power for one hour.

“The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast.​

Along with the "beast" is not the composite beast. Along with the beast is the beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction. Along with the beast is the other "beast" that rises from the bottomless pit, make war on the two witnesses, and goes to his destruction. So when it says along with the beast, it means the ten kings will recieve power along with the "beast", who is the Dragon himself. And that to me is more spooky than even the Rosemary's baby deal.

That's the beast to worry about, Satan's house is NOT divided. They have only one king over them in the bottomless pit.

"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you that he might sift you like wheat."​

So he should have no problem jumping into Judas, or Hitler, or Obama, or even old Biden.

Peaceful Sabbath.

What proves the beasts are people and not a government, is the people being forced to worship the beast - governments aren’t worshipped - and that they are thrown into the lake of fire, and governments aren’t thrown in, just people, demons, and fallen angels.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What proves the beasts are people and not a government, is the people being forced to worship the beast - governments aren’t worshipped - and that they are thrown into the lake of fire, and governments aren’t thrown in, just people, demons, and fallen angels.
Respectfully, it depends on what constitutes worship.

Worship is attaching and assigning worth, value, and merit to something or someone.

Inanimate Idols are not people, and yet they are treated as if they have supernatural powers.

Communism is an abstract concept that is worshipped.

Humanism is an abstract concept that is worshipped.

Hippies worship so-called free love.

In these last days the worship of deified human ability in ideology and technology through mediology is set to reach its zenith and so fulfill the events prophecied to precede Judgment Day.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peaceful Sabbath.
When all is said and done, there only remains 3 entities: the FP, a beast, and Satan. Does it really matter how it started? We have already established no one knows. The AC is not the FP. The AC is not Satan/the devil/the dragon/that old serpent/accuser of the brethren. The only one left is the beast. And John sticks to the beast to the end. And John knows about and is the antichrist expert. John settled it for me. I just stopped guessing.

Personally the AoD is the image. The image is given life, thus a beast. But in the end still a beast.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It could very well be. revelation is so metaphorical it is impossible to interpret with any certainty i think...
But it could very well be the United Nations, the NWO, global communism

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It could very well be. revelation is so metaphorical it is impossible to interpret with any certainty i think...
But it could very well be the United Nations, the NWO, global communism
I disagree, (The Beast) has personal pronouns He, His. Him, not (It)

The Beast will be a literal human man