Is the mark of the beast going to be about the papacy changing the day of the Sabbath?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vicarius Filii Dei ..the substitution of the Son of God? The nerve of the papacy to give this title to the pope.

They used their authority to change God's Holy Day to the first day of the week? Who thought this was a good idea?

Saturday is God's Devine signature of Creation. It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible we can modify the Ten Commandments.

Isaiah 58:13
If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on My holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy day of the LORD honorable, and shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words, B3 14 then you shall delight yourself in the LORD;

The papacy that started in Rome did not have Peter sitting in the seat. Anyone can claim Peter as the first of their own organization. It's just another trick.

The little horn on the first beast ends up being the papacy.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Not the mark of the beast.

(You are going to look like an idiot trying to fasten a “sabbath” to your forehead.)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seventh-day Adventists teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. :rolleyes:

Mark of the Beast

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 12:32
[32]What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

via BrotherD

Consider what the one thing Satan could try to get away with ..if he had authority of the pope. Without too many people noticing.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The eighth day is the Lord's day, the first day of the new creation!

Let us be glad and rejoice in it!

Peace be with you!

There's some very good theology behind this, Philip. :) The eight day is also symbolic of the coming millennial reign.

I may not agree with all things Catholic, but the fact that so many have tossed out good solid teaching is a mystery to me. It's as if they started rejecting good, Biblically sound theology out of hand simply because it was "Catholic."

God bless, and I agree. They observed both the 7th day and the 8th day, as is evident from early church writings even from the 1st century.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vicarius Filii Dei ..the substitution of the Son of God? The nerve of the papacy to give this title to the pope.
They used their authority to change God's Holy Day to the first day of the week? Who thought this was a good idea?
Saturday is God's Devine signature of Creation. It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible we can modify the Ten Commandments.

Isaiah 58:13
If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on My holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy day of the LORD honorable, and shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words, B3 14 then you shall delight yourself in the LORD;

The papacy that started in Rome did not have Peter sitting in the seat. Anyone can claim Peter as the first of their own organization. It's just another trick.

The little horn on the first beast ends up being the papacy.
Col 2:16-17
Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a SABBATH. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the REALITY belongs to Christ.

The FIRST
mention of the Sabbath as a holy day didn't occur until Exod. 16:23-30 - when it was spoken of in regards to gathering food.
This fact renders your claim above in RED to be false.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...rejecting good, Biblically sound theology out of hand simply because it was "Catholic."
The Catholic Church does have some biblically sound theology mixed in with a lot of erroneous teachings. Which is a mystery in itself. However, the eighth day being the Lord's Day is completely grounded in Scripture.

And the SDA church is another group with some sound Bible truth mixed in with a whole bunch of errors. Ellen G. White got a lot of things mixed up but the SDA's refuse to throw out the chaff.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Col 2:16-17
Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a SABBATH. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the REALITY belongs to Christ.

The FIRST
mention of the Sabbath as a holy day didn't occur until Exod. 16:23-30 - when it was spoken of in regards to gathering food.
This fact renders your claim above in RED to be false.
it was given to the first pair in Eden.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I see this plastered on ALL sorts of anti-Catholic SDA sites - but you guys can NEVER seem to substantiate it.
For instance - WHO is the quote from? Is it from an official Church source - or just some schmo with his own opinions?

I am OPENLY CHALLENGING you to provide the quoted source for this statement . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WRONG.

Sabbath was not made a Holy day until Exod. 16:23-30.
In fact - there is NO mention of "Sabbath" until then.
The Sabbath was given along with Marriage and further instructions were to remember it, so my question to you is, why do you choose to forget it and run it down as insignificant?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath was given along with Marriage and further instructions were to remember it, so my question to you is, why do you choose to forget it and run it down as insignificant?
I'm not "running it down". I am statingf a Scriptural fact.
There is NO mention of a "Sabbath" until Exod. 16:23-30 - period.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although God's rest on the seventh day (Genesis 2:3) did foreshadow a future sabbath law, there is no Biblical record of the sabbath before the children of Israel left the land of Egypt. *Nowhere in Scripture is there any hint that sabbath keeping was practiced from Adam to Moses.*

The word "sabbath" first appears in Exodus 16:23 - Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord has said: ‘Tomorrow is a sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. Bake what you will bake today, and boil what you will boil; and lay up for yourselves all that remains, to be kept until morning.

God's word makes it clear that sabbath observance was a sign between God and Israel: “The Israelites are to observe the sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested.” (Exodus 31:16-17)

Reactions: Marymog

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Although God's rest on the seventh day (Genesis 2:3) did foreshadow a future sabbath law, there is no Biblical record of the sabbath before the children of Israel left the land of Egypt. *Nowhere in Scripture is there any hint that sabbath keeping was practiced from Adam to Moses.*

The word "sabbath" first appears in Exodus 16:23 - Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord has said: ‘Tomorrow is a sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. Bake what you will bake today, and boil what you will boil; and lay up for yourselves all that remains, to be kept until morning.

God's word makes it clear that sabbath observance was a sign between God and Israel: “The Israelites are to observe the sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested.” (Exodus 31:16-17)
Denial will always justify itself.....by any means perceived.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denial will always justify itself.....by any means perceived.
Show me from scripture where the specific word “sabbath” is mentioned before Exodus 16 and also where the Bible specifically states that from Adam to Moses, man was under a sabbath law and practiced keeping the sabbath day.

Reactions: Marymog

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Show me from scripture where the specific word “sabbath” is mentioned before Exodus 16 and also where the Bible specifically states that from Adam to Moses, man was under a sabbath law and practiced keeping the sabbath day.
you will see it when your heart is willing

Whetstone

Feb 10, 2021
Out There Somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The mark of the beast will be the "sensor" implanted into your skin that will feed the new cryptocurrency system.

It is already here

RFID-implant2.png

1000s have already accepted the chip implants.

Bill Gates has submitted his patent number WO2020060606 - CRYPTOCURRENCY SYSTEM USING BODY ACTIVITY DATA

WO2020060606 CRYPTOCURRENCY SYSTEM USING BODY ACTIVITY DATA

The "sensor" (chip, mark of the beast) will send information to the computer servers. It will become the only way to pay for things. Cash will be abolished. As it states in Revelations. Just as cheque books became a thing of the past and were replaced with bank cards, contactless payments and online banking, so too cash will disappear and only those with the chip/mark will be able to trade.