Is this a sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it a sin to want the affection of a woman out of marriage?

• yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up believing that loving a woman (sex) was for procreation only. To have children and raise a family. I'm now 67 years old. I am a grandfather several times over and my wife is no longer with me,

Is it a sin to want the affection (sex) of a woman knowing it is not for the procreation of children?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That avatar is a sin :)

Sexual attraction is one of the powers of the [natural] universe, and not without detailed purpose. Before God, it is not so much for the purpose of procreation, as it is for "two becoming one" in accordance with Christ's plans to espouse God's children, that we should be One with Him, just as they are One. If you still have this purpose in you...then go for it.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
addressing the OP. sin is spiritual until manifested. the lust of a woman is sin. and 2 loving a woman is not only sex with her. and 3 I agree with Scott on the avatar

hope this helps.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I grew up believing that loving a woman (sex) was for procreation only.
pretty sure that that is Marie Osmond's interp, too; and look how whacked she is lol. With apologies to any MO lovers
Is it a sin to want the affection (sex) of a woman knowing it is not for the procreation of children?
in a one-dimensional perspective of Scripture, maybe, but i would ask if she is complaining? Is this against her will? Desire is not lust, even if they can be made synonymous. So imo it becomes a question of whom you ask, i guess.

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

@tooldtocare
I agree with both ScottA and 101G.. the Avatar is insulting to us who have to look at it. You may just as well have just pick an Avatar which more clearly shows us that you are giving us all 'the finger' without adding your child...because, that is what you are doing here. Not impressed.

And NO, re your post to ScottA...I will also " not look at it" either.
Enjoy your thread...

Last edited:

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sexual attraction is one of the powers of the [natural] universe, and not without detailed purpose. Before God, it is not so much for the purpose of procreation, as it is for "two becoming one" in accordance with Christ's plans to espouse God's children, that we should be One with Him, just as they are One. If you still have this purpose in you...then go for it.
I grew up believing that loving a woman (sex) was for procreation only. To have children and raise a family. I'm now 67 years old. I am a grandfather several times over and my wife is no longer with me,

Is it a sin to want the affection (sex) of a woman knowing it is not for the procreation of children?[/QUOTE
Are you planning on marrying this woman before hand? As St. Paul says- I am paraphrasing: If you do not have self control , it is better to marry than to burn. For the world is perverse so let each man have his own wife. Commit! If you need an itched scratched, that is what marriage is also for.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
SIn, funny how before christians before they become christians are pretty much fine with everything, than the become christians, all of a sudden everything is a sin, especially things they dont have to deal with. The flesh is an ugly thing, after 16 years of seperation from my X and being alone, no woman in my life. i know just how you feel, im only 55 i keep hoping the desire would just die , but it doesnt. I just wonder how all these married folks will deal with it when the time comes, i cry out to Jesus constantly over this. What God has joined let no man tear asunder. i just want to be perfect like all those perfect sinless christians...

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SIn, funny how before christians before they become christians are pretty much fine with everything, than the become christians, all of a sudden everything is a sin, especially things they dont have to deal with. The flesh is an ugly thing, after 16 years of seperation from my X and being alone, no woman in my life. i know just how you feel, im only 55 i keep hoping the desire would just die , but it doesnt. I just wonder how all these married folks will deal with it when the time comes, i cry out to Jesus constantly over this. What God has joined let no man tear asunder. i just want to be perfect like all those perfect sinless christians...
Point?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you have to ask, than you dont have the problem. Jesus is not a magician, that switches all of the emotions and feelings of the flesh, and christains ,God forbid we had to rely upon them to get to heaven, love pointing out everyone elses sins, as if that would distract God from there own. Love to point out every one elses weaknesses, and hide there's away, but God sees it all. We are supposed to be concerned of the things in heaven but christians are still dwelling in that muck called sin, and keep them selves seperated from God,

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

im glad my life has being a mess, it helps me understand the issues most have to deal with, that is how God teaches, on the job, the only way.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did your wife pass away?

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have to ask, than you dont have the problem. Jesus is not a magician, that switches all of the emotions and feelings of the flesh, and christains ,God forbid we had to rely upon them to get to heaven, love pointing out everyone elses sins, as if that would distract God from there own. Love to point out every one elses weaknesses, and hide there's away, but God sees it all. We are supposed to be concerned of the things in heaven but christians are still dwelling in that muck called sin, and keep them selves seperated from God,

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

im glad my life has being a mess, it helps me understand the issues most have to deal with, that is how God teaches, on the job, the only way.
You brought up you are divorced. Why and who put away whom ? This will give the answers you need, as to proceeding forward in your life. You do not know my story I am replying to what you disclosed. God Bless!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Are you talking about sexual intercourse outside of marriage? If so, what is 'fornication' according to the Bible?

Take a read of 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 (NLT):

18 Run from sexual sin [fornication]! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.​

First Corinthians 7:1-2 (NLT) states:

Now regarding the questions you asked in your letter. Yes, it is good to abstain from sexual relations. 2 But because there is so much sexual immorality [fornication], each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband.​

What about this condemnation of sexual immorality in 1 Cor 6:9-11 (NLT)?

9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God (emphasis added).​

Sexual intercourse practised constantly outside of marriage, whether in action or in the mind (Matt 5:28), will prevent a person from entering God's kingdom.

Yours is a serious question with eternal consequences - eternal damnation - if it is practised outside of marriage.

As for sex for procreation only within marriage and not for pleasure, I'd like to see that defended from the NT. I don't know of any verses that teach that. Please direct me to such if they are there.

Oz

Reactions: Dcopymope