Is this judging. I need your spiritual opinions.,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
A person I know said that since reading and studying science they do not believe God made the earth in 6 days and nights and that the first three books of the bible have been proved false by science.I could see if they proceeded in that vein of learning and thought in the next 10 years or so they would lose their faith altogether. I pointed this out to them and was told I was reading their heart and judging them which I could not possibly know.Then was accused of attacking the member and got banned for a number of weeks.How can wanting to protect someone from losing their faith be judging them. Was I right to speak out for the truth of Gods word?Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. I fully believe the word of God in the old testament is truth. God cannot lie and I know he made the earth in 6 days, he did not say how old he made it. Adam was certainly never an embryo and was never a baby or an child. He was an adult man with an adult world when created. I know the truth God has shown me from his word and see God made a mature planet so it could sustain life for us.I feel they were the ones guilty of judging my heart which was only to defend Gods word and truth against lies. The person was looking for acceptance in the world of flesh from man but I only seek Gods acceptance by doing as he says.Will you please tell me what you think.Faithful.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Faithful;54113)
A person I know said that since reading and studying science they do not believe God made the earth in 6 days and nights and that the first three books of the bible have been proved false by science.I could see if they proceeded in that vein of learning and thought in the next 10 years or so they would lose their faith altogether. I pointed this out to them and was told I was reading their heart and judging them which I could not possibly know.Then was accused of attacking the member and got banned for a number of weeks.How can wanting to protect someone from losing their faith be judging them. Was I right to speak out for the truth of Gods word?Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. I fully believe the word of God in the old testament is truth. God cannot lie and I know he made the earth in 6 days, he did not say how old he made it. Adam was certainly never an embryo and was never a baby or an child. He was an adult man with an adult world when created. I know the truth God has shown me from his word and see God made a mature planet so it could sustain life for us.I feel they were the ones guilty of judging my heart which was only to defend Gods word and truth against lies. The person was looking for acceptance in the world of flesh from man but I only seek Gods acceptance by doing as he says.Will you please tell me what you think.Faithful.
Well, your friend is wrong about science disproving God's Word. There are some Christians who would attribute the age of the Earth to a Gap Theory, where the Earth existed for a long time before Adam and Eve (an unknown length of time).However, I think you were right to stand up for what you believe. I think you are right to point out the compromises we make in believing God's Word. It starts small, and can end very big. Many of God's prophets would have been banned for standing up for God's Word in the past, and that alone isn't enough to say what you did was wrong. Personally, I agree with you.Jesus said that if you don't believe Moses Words, how then will you believe His (Jesus') Words. He begged the question, because Jesus also understood the truth... that doubting God's Word at any time, leads to whether or not a person will believe on Christ. They are all connected in God's plan for salvation... and if you knock enough steps off of a ladder, you will no longer be able to climb it.

koulourakia_girl

Apr 21, 2008
I agree - your friend was totally mistaken with regards to the Bible's account being proven wrong scientifically...man I have heard and seen some stuff, from a totally scientific point of view, that completely lines up with what we are old in Scripture...With regards to judging...there are two types of 'judging'...There is that which we are told not to do, the hypocritical judging; and there's the righteous judgment - two very different types, and coming from very different motives. I don't think you were in the wrong at all. I hope your friend comes to understand and apreciate this at some point down the track :)

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
It's interesting how people take things God has created and try to disprove Him with them. I wish they could see how stupid their thinking process is.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
The six-day creation story covers the entire history from beginning to end.Genesis 1:26 ESV Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."Colossians 1:15 ESV He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.Acts 7:49 ESV "'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me, says the Lord, or what is the place of my rest?Genesis 2:2 ESV And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done.Matthew 17:27 ESV However, not to give offense to them, go to the sea and cast a hook and take the first fish that comes up, and when you open its mouth you will find a shekel. Take that and give it to them for me and for yourself."Matthew 12:40 ESV For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.John 6:19 ESV When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near the boat, and they were frightened.Matthew 4:19 ESV And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."Revelation 18:2 ESV And he called out with a mighty voice, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, a haunt for every unclean bird, a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast.

Rank Stranger

Jun 1, 2008
There is only one kind of judging of others, and it is forbidden to us. Think of a modern day court and the preciding judge. What is his job? It is to weigh the facts, attempt to sort out the truth from everything else, and render a verdict that is fair and just.When we are faced with this sort of situation (as stated in the OP), we are not judging when we either think the person is wrong or we voice our differeing opinion. Judgement involves envoking either penalty or aquital which we do not do (hopefully). Do you tell people that they are wrong and will be damned to eternal hell unless they change? That is judging. But if you tell people they are wrong and should read the Bible to find the truth, then you are a true Christian, just doing what Jesus has instructed you to do.Rank Stranger

jtartar

Mar 14, 2008
(Faithful;54113)
Faithful, You definitely were not judging, but were giving your friend good advise, just as you should have. BUT!!! I must also add somethig to help you understand the Bibliotheca Divina, a little better. In the Holy Scriptures the term day only means a period of time, not necessiarily a 24 hour period. Day is used in the scriptures to be the period of DAYLIGHT in a day, Gen 1:3-5. Day is used another way at Gen 5:1,2, a period of God's creating Adam and Eve, even though on different days. Notice Gen 2:4 where God likens a Day to the great amount of time of the Creation of the Heavens and the earth. According to science the earth is around 4 billion years, while the heavens are around 12 billion years in age. There are a couple of terms of interest, Fideism and Doctrinaire. These terms are describing people who hold onto a statement of the Bible, and believe what it says, but they are misinterpreting what the Bible really says. True science agrees with what the Bible says. There is no disagreement with the Bible and science. The disagreement come because people misundersand what the Bible really says. NOW, Please listen and reason on what I am about to say, because most people do not have a good understanding of the Hexaemeron, the six creative days. At Gen 1:1, God says that He created the heavens and the earth. This time of creation was over billions of years. Consider Ps 90:4, and 2Pet 3:8, where a thousand years a like a day to God. Consider also what God told Adam, after He told him not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good a bad. God told Adam that in the DAY he ate of the tree he would surely die. Adam lived on for 930 years. This tells us that a DAY is just a period of time, not just a 24 hour day. Consider next Gen 1:2, about the earth being formless and waste, and God's Active Force, Holy Spirit moving to and fro over the surfice of the waters. This is a time many years after the creation of earth. This is the time that God started to prepare earth for mankind. When God started to prepare the earth for men He started the creative days. The first day light, etc. Most people believe that we are living in what the Bible calls The Last Days, 2Tim 3:1-5, 2Pet 3:3,4. You can follow the geneology of men back to Adam, from the Bible recordings. Adam was created 4026 BCE. This means we have lived in the sixth day for almost 6,000 years. Notice that when God mentioned the seventh day, it did not come to an end as the other six days did. Thid means we are still living in the seventh creative day, Gen 2:3. The Last Day is the Judgement Day of 1,000 years, so the whole creative week is 7,000 years. We are very near the end of this system of things!!! Rev 20:1-6.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Thankyou for your replies and for sharing your honest thoughts and reasoning. I do believe because God created a day 24 hours that it is the 24 hours he is referring to.For with God nothing is impossible. God is not liar and he doesn't mislead. God spoke everything into being and he does not sleep. The earth was not difficult and as soon as Christ returns he reigns a thousand years and we get a new heaven and earth immediately after the judgement.I only know I receive the promises when I am willing to believe every word of God is truth. Do you think that sometimes man add their own bits on.Faithful.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(Faithful;54337)
Thankyou for your replies and for sharing your honest thoughts and reasoning. I do believe because God created a day 24 hours that it is the 24 hours he is referring to.For with God nothing is impossible. God is not liar and he doesn't mislead. God spoke everything into being and he does not sleep. The earth was not difficult and as soon as Christ returns he reigns a thousand years and we get a new heaven and earth immediately after the judgement.I only know I receive the promises when I am willing to believe every word of God is truth. Do you think that sometimes man add their own bits on.Faithful.
Consider this Faithful Acts 10:10-16Acts 10:10 KJV And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,Acts 10:11 KJV And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:Acts 10:12 KJV Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.Acts 10:13 KJV And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.Acts 10:14 KJV But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.Acts 10:15 KJV And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.Acts 10:16 KJV This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.Acts 10:28 KJV And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.If you believe this to be literal then Satan has deceived you, but if you believe this to be about something else then the Holy Spirit has enlightened you. This is the difference between Satan and the Holy Spirit, one is Truth and the other is a lie. But I don't think believing in a literal six-day creation is a sin.1 Corinthians 13:7 ESV Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Hi MB,Peter was a Jew and it was considered unclean to have anything to do with gentiles. God showing clearly the gentiles were okay for Peter to go to and share the good news. You see Genesis is not like Acts 10, that is why discernment is necessary and the indwelling of Gods Spirit to teach us.God created the world in 6 days and he rested on the 7th day.Nothing is impossible for God and the 6 days is not open to interpretation. Why? Because God did not create the world out of anything that already existed. His words were powerful enough to bring them into being.Making someone understand what they must not do, is not the same as God already understanding what he did and how he did it.So not believing in the 6 day creation is calling God a liar because Science does not disprove the truth of God.Believe all things does not include believing the wrong things.The forces of nature and the tests man do are manmade all forces not from God.God has placed science above God his own manmade resources and truths. Faithful. Daniel 11:36-39 (King James Version) 36.And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. 37.Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. 38.But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. 39.Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.(Mighty Bear;54353)
Consider this Faithful Acts 10:10-16Acts 10:10 KJV And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,Acts 10:11 KJV And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:Acts 10:12 KJV Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.Acts 10:13 KJV And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.Acts 10:14 KJV But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.Acts 10:15 KJV And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.Acts 10:16 KJV This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.Acts 10:28 KJV And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.If you believe this to be literal then Satan has deceived you, but if you believe this to be about something else then the Holy Spirit has enlightened you. This is the difference between Satan and the Holy Spirit, one is Truth and the other is a lie. But I don't think believing in a literal six-day creation is a sin.1 Corinthians 13:7 ESV Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(Faithful;54527)
Hi MB,Peter was a Jew and it was considered unclean to have anything to do with gentiles. God showing clearly the gentiles were okay for Peter to go to and share the good news. You see Genesis is not like Acts 10, that is why discernment is necessary and the indwelling of Gods Spirit to teach us.God created the world in 6 days and he rested on the 7th day.Nothing is impossible for God and the 6 days is not open to interpretation. Why? Because God did not create the world out of anything that already existed. His words were powerful enough to bring them into being.Making someone understand what they must not do, is not the same as God already understanding what he did and how he did it.So not believing in the 6 day creation is calling God a liar because Science does not disprove the truth of God.Believe all things does not include believing the wrong things.The forces of nature and the tests man do are manmade all forces not from God.God has placed science above God his own manmade resources and truths. Faithful. Daniel 11:36-39 (King James Version) 36.And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. 37.Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. 38.But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. 39.Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
Then why call Jews in the image of God? Surely they were not.Matthew 11:12 ESV From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
I'm not forcing my belief on you Faithful but have a look at these also.Genesis 25:28 ESV Isaac loved Esau because he ate of his game, but Rebekah loved Jacob.Genesis 27:11 ESV But Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, "Behold, my brother Esau is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man.Zechariah 13:4 ESV "On that day every prophet will be ashamed of his vision when he prophesies. He will not put on a hairy cloak in order to deceive,Zechariah 13:5 ESV but he will say, 'I am no prophet, I am a worker of the soil, for a man sold me in my youth.'Zechariah 13:6 ESV And if one asks him, 'What are these wounds on your back?' he will say, 'The wounds I received in the house of my friends.'

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
Fall of Adam and Eve necessaryIt was will of God for man to fall otherwise how could we tell what's right from wrong?, pain and death was necessary because without it we wouldn't know who God is, we wouldn't know what love is.Luke 6:32 ESV "If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.This is a little complicated because we are to judge the angels, and unlike angels we are flesh.1 Corinthians 6:3 ESV Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!Mark 14:38 ESV Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."The Holy Spirit helps us discern right from wrong, the Sanctifier purifies us and the Holy Spirit helps us and this is done so that we would know what love really is.Hebrews 2:11 ESV For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers,I don't believe in original sin but I think God can make us commit a sin to prove a point, like what He did to Peter when he denied the Lord three times, God was working on the heart of Peter, molding it.So remember patience is a virtue, don't expect a fruit when it's not in season.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Mighty Bear;54614)
Fall of Adam and Eve necessaryIt was will of God for man to fall otherwise how could we tell what's right from wrong?, pain and death was necessary because without it we wouldn't know who God is, we wouldn't know what love is.Luke 6:32 ESV "If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.This is a little complicated because we are to judge the angels, and unlike angels we are flesh.1 Corinthians 6:3 ESV Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!Mark 14:38 ESV Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."The Holy Spirit helps us discern right from wrong, the Sanctifier purifies us and the Holy Spirit helps us and this is done so that we would know what love really is.Hebrews 2:11 ESV For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers,I don't believe in original sin but I think God can make us commit a sin to prove a point, like what He did to Peter when he denied the Lord three times, God was working on the heart of Peter, molding it.So remember patience is a virtue, don't expect a fruit when it's not in season.
This statement is pure nonsense.God can not create sin, nor can He force us to sin...

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(thesuperjag;54617)
This statement is pure nonsense.God can not create sin, nor can He force us to sin...
What I meant Jag is sometimes we think we know better than our Lord and then He shows us our mistake.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
This is complicated Jag, Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus for a sum of money, and then realized he committed a mistake and so returned the money, and because he couldn't bear the guilt he committed suicide, didn't he know that Jesus is supposed to die?Matthew 16:21 ESV From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.Matthew 16:22 ESV And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, "Far be it from you, Lord! This shall never happen to you."Matthew 16:23 ESV But he turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man."

watt

Jun 21, 2008
In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(mighty Bear;54614)
fall Of Adam And Eve NecessaryIt Was Will Of God For Man To Fall Otherwise How Could We Tell What's Right From Wrong?, Pain And Death Was Necessary Because Without It We Wouldn't Know Who God Is, We Wouldn't Know What Love Is.From Watt : Hei..before, I Was Like You. But After My Confirmation, God Revealed His Wisdom To Me...in Genesis 1: 26- 27 :-God Said : Let Us Make Man In Our Own Image And Likeness. Let Them Rule Over The Fish Of The Sea, Over The Bird Of The Air, Over The Cattle, Over The Wild Animals,and Over All Creeping Things That Crawl Along The Ground.so God Created Man In His Image : In The Image Of God He Created Him: Male And Female. Genesis 2:7-9,16-17 :- Then Yahweh God Formed Man dust Drawn From The Clay, And Breathed Into Nostril A Breath Of Life And Man Become Alive With Breath.God Planted A Garden In Eden In The East And There He Placed Man Whom He Had Created. Yahweh God Caused Grow From Ground Every Kind Of Tree That Is Pleasing To See Good To Eat, Also Tree Of Life In The Middle Of The Garden And Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil.Then Yahweh God Gave An Order To Man Saying : "you May Eat Of Every Tree In The Garden, But Of The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, You Will Not Eat, For On The Day You Eat Of It, You Will Die."But Adam And Eve Listen To The Snake And Did Not Obey God And They Eat The Fruit From The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil. (genesis 3:1-7)See!! "evil" Did Not Come From God But From The Snake Was The Most Crafty (the Devil Or Satan)-(genesis 3:1)God Is Love... Luke 6:32 Esv "if You Love Those Who Love You, What Benefit Is That To You? For Even Sinners Love Those Who Love Them.This Is A Little Complicated Because We Are To Judge The Angels, And Unlike Angels We Are Flesh.From Watt : In This Verse.. Jesus Want Us To Love Those Who Hate Us Or The Sinner.1 Corinthians 6:3 Esv Do You Not Know That We Are To Judge Angels? How Much More, Then, Matters Pertaining To This Life!Mark 14:38 Esv Watch And Pray That You May Not Enter Into Temptation. The Spirit Indeed Is Willing, But The Flesh Is Weak."From Watt : See!! Here In Verse Mentioned Very Clear That The Flesh Is Weak...this Is The Result From The Original Sin.The Holy Spirit Helps Us Discern Right From Wrong, The Sanctifier Purifies Us And The Holy Spirit Helps Us And This Is Done So That We Would Know What Love Really Is.From Watt: For God Is Love... The Fruit Of Love Is The Gift Of The Holy Spirit.Hebrews 2:11 Esv For He Who Sanctifies And Those Who Are Sanctified All Have One Source. That Is Why He Is Not Ashamed To Call Them Brothers,I Don't Believe In Original Sin But I Think God Can Make Us Commit A Sin To Prove A Point, Like What He Did To Peter When He Denied The Lord Three Times, God Was Working On The Heart Of Peter, Molding It.so Remember Patience Is A Virtue, Don't Expect A Fruit When It's Not In Season.From Watt : No...God Hate Sin, And He Never Make Us Commit Sin. The Evil Within Us(original Sin)is The One Make Us Commit Sin. Sin Will Bring Us To Death.. But God Is God Of The Living And Not God Of The Death.
May God Forgive All Our Sin.AmenFrom Watt

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faithfiul, judging is one of the things that is very difficult not to do. I think we all inevitably cross that line because there is a bit of gray area in our understanding. However, simply because you believe someone to be wrong and share what you believe is the truth, is not judging when carried out properly.For example, I make no secret about my abhorrence of the Rapture doctrine. (I'm not trying to attack anyone through this, but understanding my feelings on this subject might help illustrate what I am trying to share here.) I do believe the doctrine is dangerously unbiblical and can be an issue dealing salvation. However, I have friends who believe wholeheartedly in the Rapture. I'll preach to them and teach to them when the time is right, and I don't consider that judging at all.The fact of the matter is all fall short (Romans 3:23). I think we, as Christians, have to pick our battles for our beliefs. For example, the fight over 6 days as 6 days as we know them or 6 days as God knows them....is this knowledge really crucial to salvation? What's more important being right or believing that either way it's done, God did it with all of your heart? (Hosea 6:6)People can be wrong, are wrong, and will be wrong. The Lord will correct me on some things one day just as he will lovingly do to us all because we'll all err. As far as these more modern movements - but arguably nothing is new under the sun given the writings we have from times past - where people are "Christian" but don't believe in the Bible, I think a line has to be drawn somewhere. Yes, somecan can make up their own religion and say Christ said or did this or that. That doesn't, however, make them right. I'm sorry, but either the Bible is true, or it isn't. YHVH is divine, unlimited in power. Either he made sure we got a respectable copy of His great letter for us, or we didn't.I think it all comes back to humans desiring to be "in the know." We like to think we have all of the answers. That is why I love the field of literature so much because sometimes we just don't know! We must go with what the evidence says. This where I think you do have to call those folks out that start saying, "Well, only parts of the Bible are true." or "The first X number of books are fairy tales, etc." If you get persecuted for it, so be it. We have to turn and take on the rush sometimes and it will result is us being banned and for some folks it might result in death in some parts of the world. If you're banned, dust off your feet and find another location. Think about Paul and how many times he snuck out, was forced out, or it took the power of God to get him out.The Lord will always be there. Say what you can, but move on. Ultimately, we're not God. We can't always say the right things, but we sure can plant that seed. It might take a couple years of watering, or it may never come to fruition, but Father told us to try.Throw them a lifeline, but if they let it sink, it's their doing and not yours.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(Denver;54798)
Faithfiul, judging is one of the things that is very difficult not to do. I think we all inevitably cross that line because there is a bit of gray area in our understanding. However, simply because you believe someone to be wrong and share what you believe is the truth, is not judging when carried out properly.For example, I make no secret about my abhorrence of the Rapture doctrine. (I'm not trying to attack anyone through this, but understanding my feelings on this subject might help illustrate what I am trying to share here.) I do believe the doctrine is dangerously unbiblical and can be an issue dealing salvation. However, I have friends who believe wholeheartedly in the Rapture. I'll preach to them and teach to them when the time is right, and I don't consider that judging at all.The fact of the matter is all fall short (Romans 3:23). I think we, as Christians, have to pick our battles for our beliefs. For example, the fight over 6 days as 6 days as we know them or 6 days as God knows them....is this knowledge really crucial to salvation? What's more important being right or believing that either way it's done, God did it with all of your heart? (Hosea 6:6)People can be wrong, are wrong, and will be wrong. The Lord will correct me on some things one day just as he will lovingly do to us all because we'll all err. As far as these more modern movements - but arguably nothing is new under the sun given the writings we have from times past - where people are "Christian" but don't believe in the Bible, I think a line has to be drawn somewhere. Yes, somecan can make up their own religion and say Christ said or did this or that. That doesn't, however, make them right. I'm sorry, but either the Bible is true, or it isn't. YHVH is divine, unlimited in power. Either he made sure we got a respectable copy of His great letter for us, or we didn't.I think it all comes back to humans desiring to be "in the know." We like to think we have all of the answers. That is why I love the field of literature so much because sometimes we just don't know! We must go with what the evidence says. This where I think you do have to call those folks out that start saying, "Well, only parts of the Bible are true." or "The first X number of books are fairy tales, etc." If you get persecuted for it, so be it. We have to turn and take on the rush sometimes and it will result is us being banned and for some folks it might result in death in some parts of the world. If you're banned, dust off your feet and find another location. Think about Paul and how many times he snuck out, was forced out, or it took the power of God to get him out.The Lord will always be there. Say what you can, but move on. Ultimately, we're not God. We can't always say the right things, but we sure can plant that seed. It might take a couple years of watering, or it may never come to fruition, but Father told us to try.Throw them a lifeline, but if they let it sink, it's their doing and not yours.
A BEAUTIFUL EXPLANATION..GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME...PRAISE THE LORD! MAY THE WISDOM OF GOD BE UPON ALL OF US HEREAMENFROM WATT

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(watt;54794)
The Evil Within Us(original Sin)is The One Make Us Commit Sin.
When we sin we suffer the consequences, and it is by experience that we grow into maturity by condemning the wrong choices that we made, a baby is a baby and a man cannot be a man unless he goes through the stage of being a baby. Did you suppose that God could create an Adam like Jesus Christ who is perfect and blameless? Or does maturity requires a process?John 1:16 ESV And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.John 1:17 ESV For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.John 1:18 ESV No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.Ephesians 4:10 ESV He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.