Is This the Beast?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

I've noticed a number of people who are of the opinion that we are seeing the beast rising in the governments of today. Is that what you see?

I'm thinking that while oligarchs of today desire global rule, that a worldwide cataclysmic event will throw all of that into chaos, leaving the world's governments and economies in ruins. And out of those ruins something new will rise, the beast.

What do you think?

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@marks, the understanding of the dynamic of world events by many is limited by the bias of their private/adopted interpretations with respect to what is presently happening.

Has Daniel 7:11-12 happened yet? No, it has not but it will play out in the next 20-25 years time from this present time.

When does the beast of Daniel 7:19-26 and Revelation 13 begin to play out? Not until after the beast is released from the Bottomless Pit after it is unlocked after the 1,000 years of it being locked has passed.

How is the beast of Daniel 7:19-26 related to Revelation 13? The description of the Beast of Daniel 7:19-26 and Revelation 13, combines the four beast of Daniel 7:1-12 into a single working entity which acts together and in unison.

The four beasts are the four winds of heaven, i.e. wicked fallen heavenly hosts in the form of fallen angels, who, during this present time, exercise their influence over the people of the earth who chose to inhabit their respective dominions at this present time, until their respective dominions are taken from them and they are imprisoned in the Bottomless pit.

After they are released from the Bottomless Pit, they will again jointly exercise influence over the people of the earth to do their joint bidding.

When we begin to understand the prophecies that are for this present time, then we will begin to receive understanding as to what is really happening, but the problem we are suffering from at this present time is our self righteousness and our expectation that God will not allow his Righteous Saints to be oppressed at this present time.

Shalom

Last edited:

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are actually three beasts who make up “The Unholy Trinity” of monsters. One is a dragon, Satan, who stands on the seashore summoning another “beast rising out of the sea.” The one Satan summons behaves as a demonic ruler but takes his orders from the evil one.

The third member of this group “claims to speak for God” but is a false prophet. He “represents religious authority contrary to God’s Word and ways.” He returns to life after a death blow, mimicking Christ’s resurrection and lending credibility to his lies. Much of the world will worship this “miraculous” beast who “enforces the power of the first [beast] through economic discrimination.”

A fourth beast is mentioned. Perhaps John pictured this beast as Rome, still a powerful empire in the late first century. None of these beasts has ultimate control, however, “God ordains what the beast does” and His “judgment is his ‘strange’ work” referenced in Isaiah 28:21. “For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way” (2 Thessalonians 2:7).

Mark of the Beast Revelations

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed a number of people who are of the opinion that we are seeing the beast rising in the governments of today. Is that what you see?

I'm thinking that while oligarchs of today desire global rule, that a worldwide cataclysmic event will throw all of that into chaos, leaving the world's governments and economies in ruins. And out of those ruins something new will rise, the beast.

What do you think?

We are on the door step of the "global reset" which begins with economic calamity, much of it brought on by the pandemic. Commercial real estate Bubble about to burst, and the derivatives will follow, famine, wars, rumors of wars, The culmination of the first four seals will take place and Christians will be the scapegoats, just like Nero blamed them for burning down Rome. That is when the beast will rise, offering peace and security, and a return to normalcy.... In other words, we are in the beginning of sorrows now, they will intensify over the next year or two, so be ready.... How do we "be ready"? Learn to trust in the providence of God. I Know I have said this here a hundred times before, Without explaining what it fully means, so to simply put it, be like Caleb and Joshua, and not like the rest of the Israelite spies. We will face Giants in the land, and by the providence of God we will overcome them (Revelation 12:10-11, Luke 18:6-8, Luke 21:12-19)

Reactions: Nancy and Mantis

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

What do you think?

Much love!

My view is that the Beast is the continuous political culture of the Roman Empire, beginning in the time prior to Christ, and ending with Armageddon. It's European Civilization, excluding the part that is genuinely Christian. Every once in awhile, it rears its ugly head, and will certainly do so when Antichrist rises to assume control over 10 nations and leads over 7 leaders.

I don't believe it will take a catastrophe for this development to take place. It is already taking place as we speak.

Reactions: marks

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the beast will arise when the worlds economy crashes, and something major happens, we have a charismatic leader in Europe who rises out of the shadows and promises peace. And helps to restor things, the world will follow him easily, and after he gains power, well the word time period the earth has ever seen since the flood will come upon us,

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What do you think?

Much love!
The woman in scarlet rides the beast. The woman, an apostate religious system....the beast a political entity.
The woman has been around a long time as has the beast

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?

Much love!

What if....

All the actors are currently on the stage and playing their roles.
The Mark of the Beast has been around for over a hundred years or more... likely more.

And most people simply don't have the skills in hermeneutics to understand a thing John was trying to explain.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When it comes to the Beast and Anti-Christ and False prophet, I think people are still looking too much into the natural, I believe that there will be witchcraft involved...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if....

The Mark of the Beast has been around for over a hundred years or more... likely more.

And most people simply don't have the skills in hermeneutics to understand a thing John was trying to explain.
Can you explain?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain?
That hermeneutics is a lost art in itself?

That no one recognized Jesus in the flesh even though the scriptures describing him were over a thousand years old...

That God has regularly used simple things to make fools out of the "wise"?

I really don't think that I have to.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That hermeneutics is a lost art in itself?

That no one recognized Jesus in the flesh even though the scriptures describing him were over a thousand years old...

That God has regularly used simple things to make fools out of the "wise"?

I really don't think that I have to.
I know what hermeneutics is

I was more referring to the rest of your post. What was you trying to infer?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but the problem we are suffering from at this present time is our self righteousness and our expectation that God will not allow his Righteous Saints to be oppressed at this present time.
How do you mean?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The third member of this group “claims to speak for God” but is a false prophet. He “represents religious authority contrary to God’s Word and ways.” He returns to life after a death blow, mimicking Christ’s resurrection and lending credibility to his lies. Much of the world will worship this “miraculous” beast who “enforces the power of the first [beast] through economic discrimination.”
Do you see these as a political leader and a religious leader? Like an emperor and his "high priest", something like that?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are on the door step of the "global reset" which begins with economic calamity, much of it brought on by the pandemic. Commercial real estate Bubble about to burst, and the derivatives will follow, famine, wars, rumors of wars, The culmination of the first four seals will take place and Christians will be the scapegoats, just like Nero blamed them for burning down Rome. That is when the beast will rise, offering peace and security, and a return to normalcy.... In other words, we are in the beginning of sorrows now, they will intensify over the next year or two, so be ready.... How do we "be ready"? Learn to trust in the providence of God. I Know I have said this here a hundred times before, Without explaining what it fully means, so to simply put it, be like Caleb and Joshua, and not like the rest of the Israelite spies. We will face Giants in the land, and by the providence of God we will overcome them (Revelation 12:10-11, Luke 18:6-8, Luke 21:12-19)
So, my question for this thread is this:

Do you see this current political configuration of global governance becoming the beast empire of the end times? Or, do you see as I do, that while the world leaders seek to work their will, that God will overtake them all with a sudden destruction, and something new will arise, the beast?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take Him! Arrest Him, kill Him!!!! But not during the Feast, there will be a riot if we do!

That was the plan of the priests and rulers. Take Jesus, put Him to death, but quietly, don't make a big uproar.

But Jesus had other plans.

"Lord, is it me? Am I the one who will betray you?" Judas asked on that dark night. "What you do, do quickly!" Right there, in the middle of Passover. Not their plan. God's plan, that Jesus would die on Passover.

I have the idea the end of the age will be just like that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to the Beast and Anti-Christ and False prophet, I think people are still looking too much into the natural, I believe that there will be witchcraft involved...
I think it will be a very supernatural time.

Revelation 12:7-9
7) And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8) And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Satan and his angels, cast out of heaven into earth.

Cast from the celestial to the terrestrial.

Very supernatural time!

Much love!

Reactions: Josho

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if....

Yes, it would come down to the hermeneutic one is using. I understand the mark to be a physical material mark, a branding of some sort.

That the people will be paraded before the image of the beast to worship it. Those who do are marked and released. Those who don't are killed.

My hermeneutic relies on the most literal normal understanding of the language, so that to be marked on your forehead is to have something applied to the skin above your eyes, and does not mean to have the wrong thought about something, for instance.

What is the mark of the beast in your view? Who are the players?

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?

Much love!

No time to read the other answers, but I believe the Beast will be the Islamic Caliphate, so whenever the Islamic nations or Islam in general starts gaining ascendancy in the earth, that's when I start watching.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Allowing the scripture to interpret itself is a good start. Understanding the beast requires what it is in contrast to. We are dealing with the conflict of two opposing sides represented in different ways. There are two women; one in Revelation 12, one in Revelation 17.
One is clothed with light and purity the other a harlot in gaudy apparel. One represents God's people and the other the people opposed to God.

There are two cities also used as metaphor representing the same as the women.....Babylon and Jerusalem. The meanings of these give a clue. Babylon meaning confusion, Jerusalem, city of peace.

There are other metaphors used in scripture that mirror the same idea.....Egypt, land of slavery, Jerusalem...the promised land and so on.
Understanding this is pivotal because from here one can go further.

Reactions: Brakelite