Is Your Church Mindful of the Book of Revelation and the Prophets?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:1-2
3 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

KJV

That is New Testament doctrine given by Apostle Peter to all Christians.

The Church I was raised in was on men's leaven doctrines of Preterism. That means they believed that the Old Testament Books of the prophets, and 98% of Christ's Book of Revelation was already fulfilled in 70 A.D. when the pagan Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the temple. They still believed that Christ's 2nd coming is still future though, that at least they do not reject (except Full Preterism does reject Jesus' 2nd coming is a literal physical coming).

So I asked some of my family members that went to the same Church if they ever wonder why you don't hear much Revelation or the OT prophets being preached. They never actually considered that, because they don't study The Bible like I do, so they don't really know what's in that part of The Bible. Ignorance is bliss for some.

The reason why preaching from the OT prophets is pretty much omitted along with Revelation by Preterism is because the OT prophets parallel many of the events in Revelation about the end of this world, which they think was history. One section of chapters in the Book of Isaiah is even called 'The Apocalypse of Isaiah' by some Bible scholars because of how it parallels events written in Revelation.

So if you are going to a Church where they don't teach Christ's Book of Revelation, nor future prophetic events in the OT prophets still yet to happen, then maybe, just maybe, you are in one those Church systems of man called Preterism. Because of that deception, it means finding out what is actually written that is yet to come to pass about our times and the end of the world is left up to you.

Another warning that goes along with this about men's Preterism is that some Church systems that do... preach the Book of Revelation and signs of the end Lord Jesus gave us also preach a pre-tribulational rapture of the Church, which idea is not written in God's Word.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to just ignore parts of God's eternal living Word is Satan, demon inspired, and man's idea.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to just ignore parts of God's eternal living Word is Satan, demon inspired, and man's idea.

The pre-trib rapture theory denies what Jesus showed about His coming after the tribulation to gather His Church, per Matthew 24:29-31, so it's not about man's Preterism doctrine only omitting Scripture in God's Word.