Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a doubt the most important question you will ever be asked in your Christian Life...

Is your faith in the Bible or is it in God?

If you have to use the Bible to validate your faith, then your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you Believe that the Bible supports a Triune God, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe Jesus was God Himself, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe that God will not talk to you, then your faith is in the Bible and not God.

When you post comments and quote them, please post the entire post and not just bits and pieces.
I know hardly any of you will do that because cherry picking is your way of hiding from the truth...

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a doubt the most important question you will ever be asked in your Christian Life...

It’s not important at all. It’s a dumb question. If fact I never heard the question in my many years in the faith until today by you.

“And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” (Isaiah 8:19-20)

Seeking to the law and testimony (including the New Testament) is equated with seeking God.

If you have to use the Bible to validate your faith, then your faith is in the Bible and not in God.

How do you come to this foolish conclusion?

We have faith in God because of the Holy Bible. If we can’t have faith in the Bible that we can see, how can we have faith in God whom we cannot see?

How do you teach anyone about God and salvation without a Bible?

If you Believe that the Bible supports a Triune God, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.

I don’t believe in the trinity. But what’s that got to do with your “God or the Bible” ultimatum?

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1-1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.==== Believe the eternal living word of God!!!

Reactions: Stan B and Pearl

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1-1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.==== Believe the eternal living word of God!!!

There you go.. I said someone would do that... your faith is in the Bible and not God..

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not important at all. It’s a dumb question. If fact I never heard the question in my many years in the faith until today by you.

“And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” (Isaiah 8:19-20)

Seeking to the law and testimony (including the New Testament) is equated with seeking God.

How do you come to this foolish conclusion?

We have faith in God because of the Holy Bible. If we can’t have faith in the Bible that we can see, how can we have faith in God whom we cannot see?

How do you teach anyone about God and salvation without a Bible?

I don’t believe in the trinity. But what’s that got to do with your “God or the Bible” ultimatum?
you miss the whole point... Let me ask you this one question... How do you know that God does not talk to people??? and I do not want you to use the Bible at all...

and yes you do actually have to answer the question...

I will get to your other questions in a second...

Last edited:

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe the eternal living word of God or satan,s lies and deception!!!!
for one you have already established Jesus as being God Himself...
Now, without using the Bible, why do you believe that Jesus is God Himself?
Yes you actually do have to answer the question.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for one you have already established Jesus as being God Himself...
Now, without using the Bible, why do you believe that Jesus is God Himself?
Yes you actually do have to answer the question.

God's Word tells us that Jesus IS God!!! Best we believe it!!! Those that deny the truth of God's Word have nothing left but the lies of satan.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Pearl

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t doubt that God speaks to people.

But this can only be verified with scripture. The Berean’s verified Paul’s preaching by searching the scriptures (Acts of the Apostles 17:11).
you claim that you don't doubt that god speaks to people because in another post you quoted scripture that states that no one has heard his voice nor seen his shape... so that statement is a lie...

Now for the second part, I said without using scripture... and yet you use scripture...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word tells us that Jesus IS God!!! Best we believe it!!! Those that deny the truth of God's Word have nothing left but the lies of satan.
So are you saying that God spoke directly to you and you did not need the Bible to tell you that Jesus is God Himself? or Did you use the Bible to make the claim that God Himself told you that very lie????

and yes it is a lie because there is no possible way that God will ever tell a lie... God did not come down from heaven to do his own will.

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me...

Reactions: APAK

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you believe Jesus was God Himself, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe that God will not talk to you, then your faith is in the Bible and not God.

When you post comments and quote them, please post the entire post and not just bits and pieces.
I know hardly any of you will do that because cherry picking is your way of hiding from the truth...

This is all nonsense.

There is no dichotomy between reading the Bible -- the Word of God -- and having faith in God. If I read your post, how do I know that you actually exist as a person? Same irrational nonsense.

First you denigrate reading the Bible, then extend it to supporting a triune God. Reductio ad absurdem.

Jesus was, is, and always be God. God is simultaneously the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It's sad that you don't understand the triune God in your zeal to prove everyone wrong but yourself.

You statement about God not talking to believers is total nonsense. It doesn't deserve a reply.

You come one here aggressively challenging everyone who doesn't agree with your false understanding. When and how did you become a Pharisee?

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all nonsense.

There is no dichotomy between reading the Bible -- the Word of God -- and having faith in God. If I read your post, how do I know that you actually exist as a person? Same irrational nonsense.

First you denigrate reading the Bible, then extend it to supporting a triune God. Reductio ad absurdem.

Jesus was, is, and always be God. God is simultaneously the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It's sad that you don't understand the triune God in your zeal to prove everyone wrong but yourself.

You statement about God not talking to believers is total nonsense. It doesn't deserve a reply.

You come one here aggressively challenging everyone who doesn't agree with your false understanding. When and how did you become a Pharisee?

Without using the Bible, tell me how Jesus is God Himself?...

Remember Luke 12:12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's eternal living Word IS God speaking to man!!!
So Jesus is not God Himself then... why didn't you say that in the first place... That totally goes against the meaning of John 1:1,14 when they specifically say that Jesus was God Himself...

Reactions: APAK

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in another post you quoted scripture that states that no one has heard his voice nor seen his shape... so that statement is a lie...

Not me.

You have a vendetta and seem to be lumping me in with other people. You are assigning to me (it appears) what someone else has quoted to you. I never quoted that passage to you.

Now for the second part, I said without using scripture... and yet you use scripture...

Scripture can be used to back up a point.

I don’t know what you are seeking to accomplish here but it’s not going to well for you so far.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware!!! Do not be used by satan as his tool and fool===count the cost!! Why ask for early judgment????

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one true Almighty God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit = the one true almighty God!!

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not me.

You have a vendetta and seem to be lumping me in with other people. You are assigning to me (it appears) what someone else has quoted to you. I never quoted that passage to you.

Scripture can be used to back up a point.

I don’t know what you are seeking to accomplish here but it’s not going to well for you so far.

to expose a lie not to establish your faith, there actually is a difference... as for the misquote I do apologize for that... now you can beat your chest and claim victory over that one thing...

Now, if you did not have the Bible, how would you prove your faith in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.