IS YOUR HOUSE BUILT ON THE ROCK?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." Matthew 7:24-27 NIV
The latter happened to me during February/March 2000. The foundation of my personality was on a bitter root I'd had since I was in my mother's womb. God took down the first of 2 walls in my heart I'd been led to build for protection by the enemy. God sent the perfect storm and I never saw it coming. Thank You, Lord!
Over the following years, God used the fire of affliction to boil up the next dreg (sin) from my heart into my consciousness. I'd confess it to Him, repent with the Holy Spirit's power, turning me 180% back to my Father. I'd thank Jesus for forgiving me and cleansing me from all unrighteousness and then in faith, I'd take it to my cross and crucify it.
If necessary, the Holy Spirit would lead me to expel an evil spirit, which He taught me to grab, break it's back (power), bind it, and cast it out. This is the delivery ministry put forth in the New Testament.
One day after taking up my cross for some time, I hit rock. God then gave me the understanding that each time I'd dealt with a sin that God brought to me, it was like I dug out another shovel of sand.
I was never a very strong person. The storms of life would blow and I'd get blown away. Over the past 16 years, I've faced stronger and more storms than ever before. Each time after the storm had passed, I'd still be standing. I'm building my house on the Rock. And every bit I've talked about is straight from the pages of the bible. I've just got to say it, Hallelujah! Glory to God alone!
I like to trade God stories so I'd like to hear your experiences with the above. Shalom.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.'

(Psalm 18:2)

Hello @Ron Coates,

The Lord did take away every ground of confidence and trust that I had, by a series of difficult experiences: the last ground of confidence being I myself; so that I knew without a shadow of doubt that it is on Christ the solid rock that I stand: for all other ground is sinking sand. He alone is the ground of my confidence, He will not let me fall.

Praise God!

Thank you.
Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Our risen and glorified, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited: