Isaiah 11:3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 His delight is in the fear of the Lord,
And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes,
Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;

We judge everything by our 5 senses. It is very difficult to stop doing that.
We think what is pleasant to us is good and what is unpleasant to us is bad when it’s often the reverse. We desire comfort and ease but our trust is not grown in comfort and ease. We learn the obedience of trust by the things we suffer, not the things that please our senses.
We are joyful over certain things because we find them pleasing and don’t stop to wonder if we might be joying over a trifle and sorrowing over what will lead to great blessing.

Jacob struggled all night for a blessing and when the light came he said, oh my gosh, God was there in the place where I struggled and I didn’t even know it…!

The result of the struggle was that Jacobs strength was decreased and he walked with a limp but he received the blessing he sought.
I must decrease and He must increase.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We think what is pleasant to us is good and what is unpleasant to us is bad when it’s often the reverse. We desire comfort and ease but our trust is not grown in comfort and ease. We learn the obedience of trust by the things we suffer, not the things that please our senses.
We are joyful over certain things because we find them pleasing and don’t stop to wonder if we might be joying over a trifle and sorrowing over what will lead to great blessing.

Jacob struggled all night for a blessing and when the light came he said, oh my gosh, God was there in the place where I struggled and I didn’t even know it…!

The result of the struggle was that Jacobs strength was decreased and he walked with a limp but he received the blessing he sought.
We truly need God's help to move beyond what our five senses are able to perceive.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that’s true.
I was more referring to…our judgement that the circumstance God has put us in is either good or bad based on if it pleases us or not.

Reactions: quietthinker

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sometimes we have difficulties, but I think we bring them on ourselves. It's sort of inevitable - we all make mistakes.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We don't have because we ask questions and make statements born of ignorance.
Wisdom is justified by all her children. Luke 7:35

Consider the story of Jesus of the two who came to the temple to pray; one a Publican the other a Pharisee. Luke 18:10