Isaiah 13: 19-22

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Isaiah mentions towards the end of this chapter something that has me confused. Babylon was to be destroyed and remain desolate never to be rebulit. My question is are they speaking of the then Babylon? Because we know that the current day Iraq used to be Babylon. It also speaks of never being inhibited.Am I correct in assuming that modern day Iraq is not the Babylon spoken of here?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes you are correct this has not happened yet and there are two trains of thought one is that this is pysical Iraq with parts of Iran and is a future prophcey the other is that this is the mystery Babylon of Antichrist in Rev. and is a spirtual Babylon that is a one world system of lie and confusion as the word Babylon means confusion And that once God destroys the wicked system of Antichrist Satan it will never be again

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Babylon of Antichrist in Rev.
Thanks Kriss. Do you know the Chapter and verse of the Rev scripture? This has kind of peeked my interest.........

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If memory serves its chapter 17,18 in rev. lets us know your thoughts I havent studied this in depth for some time it might be a interesting topic

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Two I found this study on these verse's thought you might find them intersting to readIsa 13:19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. What did God do to Sodom and Gomorrah? He destroyed it with a great burning. Are we not seeing today in the world, an attempt to re-establish this Sodom and Gomorrah system upon earth? Know then, that the closer the world situation approaches or can be likened to Sodom and Gomorrah, the closer we are to Christ's second Advent (coming), and this world system's destruction. I think it's really ripe for the pluckin' right now in our time.Isa 13:20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there. The Babylon of old, located in the Iraq of today, is basically uninhabited, and attempts to revive it have failed. The Babylon system of now, which is the first 'beast' of Rev.13 & 17, is to be led by 'ten kings' or world leaders over 'seven heads' which represent continents, i.e. the whole earth.Isa 13:21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. These 'wild beasts of the desert' and 'doleful creatures' are animals of the desert. The 'satyrs' are 'he-goats', but also represent idols; a specific sort of idol worship. That of 'goat-demons', such as Baphomet. Do you think that kind of false pagan worship is going on today in the New Babylon world system? I can almost assure you it is. The false idol worship set up by Jeroboam in the Northern Ten Tribe Kingdom of Israel pointed to this type of worship. It didn't just involve the 'golden calf'. This word 'satyrs' is the same Hebrew word 'sa'iyr' which is translated 'and for the devils', when Jeroboam set up priests for the 'calfs' (see 2 Chron.11:15; Strong's no.8163).4 See Ezekiel 8 for some descriptions of these abominations happening right in God's Temple. This type of 'satyr' worship has been a problem with the Ten Tribes of Israel ever since God scattered them into captivity by Assyria for it (see I Kings beginning at Chapter 11 and forward). It's still evidently going on with all the various occult orders in the western Christian nations today, so don't take this subject lightly.Isa 13:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged. This 'wild beasts of the islands' is a direct reference pointing back to the previous verses of 'wild beasts' and 'satyrs' or demonology existing amongst the Ten Tribes today. This is letting us know that the 'wild beasts', or desert animals, did apply to the first overthrow of the geographical Babylon, but applies to false worship in today's worldy Babylon. And I feel it's not long before that false evil system, along with the New Babylon order will be brought down by God. For God's People today, who are 'sealed' with His Word in their minds, we are not to worry, having faith and hope in the coming of our Christ, The Rock of Salvation. As the war of today is especially a 'spiritual war', our emotions and anxieties are the subject of most attack. Do what you can in standing up against the lies in the world by planting the 'seeds' of God's Truth. Take the Amour of The Gospel and the Sword of Christ as your weapon, for that's the only Weapon which will defeat this false system upon us.

ncsojourner

Mar 15, 2008
(Two;42071)
Isaiah mentions towards the end of this chapter something that has me confused. Babylon was to be destroyed and remain desolate never to be rebulit. My question is are they speaking of the then Babylon? Because we know that the current day Iraq used to be Babylon. It also speaks of never being inhibited.Am I correct in assuming that modern day Iraq is not the Babylon spoken of here?
Isaiah 13:19-22 is talking of the final devastation of Babylon.