1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isn't this a scientific error in the bible?

Discussion in 'NonChristian Help Forum' started by Seeker2, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Woman On A Mission

Woman On A Mission Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Praise God, that He has called Dr's with skilful hands to perform these operations and others. That is wonderful news on your wife's progress with her rehab, and yes with further physical therapy, she will fine. Just keep us updated please and will keep up prayer vigilance for her and yourself and family. God bless you both and your family, "Be still" and know that He is God. I am having to practice that myself in being "Still" and Trusting Him. I live in Brisbane Australia but originally from New Zealand. My sister went into theatre yesterday and had two blot clots removed from her brain. The removal was successful praise God for skilful and diligent hands of the Doctor. However it is still early days and being so close to NZ it is so far away. Now I have to take on board the words of the song "Be Still" God Bless brother "amadeus"

amadeus likes this.
  2. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Give God the glory dear sister!

Woman On A Mission likes this.
  3. Woman On A Mission

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Yes "amadeus" "All praises and glory belong to You and Only You My God and Saviour. For we can do nothing without You". Amen. Thanks for that "amadeus" "I will be still and know You are God" and You work out all things for those who love You" My sister-in law is born-again and has been for years. Praise be to God, who knows all things and sees all things.

amadeus likes this.
  4. twinc

twinc Active Member

United Kingdom

was your sister-in-law a non Christian, like Nicodemus was - twinc

5. Maria

Maria New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Sweden
    Well, let's assume that the first verses in Genesis actually is about the Big Bang and what happened afterwards, described really simplistic so it not be complete nonsense to ancient humans.

Then would it not be natural to assume that "the heavens" is actually referring to "space" and "the earth" is actually referring to "matter". If you read it like "the matter was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep" it kind of fits with Big Bang, does it not?

ScottA likes this.
  6. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Welcome Maria!

That's not sterile, controlled, or impartial enough for science to rationalize it. They see that as chaos. No brilliant art of creativity for them, no Master in masterpiece. Unfortunately.

But this tread would appear rather to be an attempt to undermine belief in the Bible...either as an attack, or a "show me I'm wrong" appeal in dealing with discrepancies in their own faith.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  7. Woman On A Mission

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Morning "twinc" Thank you for enquiring about my sister-in-laws progress. Yes she is recuperating well. Her progress is well and rehabilitation is improving after such a short time since her ordeal. Now since you question about her Christianity, let me answer your question with a question are you a Christian? Or are you a "Nicodemus"

You obviously have head knowledge about the Scriptures otherwise you would not have asked such a ridiculous question. I guess this is the way you get your kicks.

Thanks for enquiring about my sister-in laws Christianity.

John 3:1, There was a man of the Pharisees, name Nichodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2, The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3, Jesus answered and said unto him, verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4, Nicodemus saith unto Him, How can a man be born again when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5, Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6, That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7, Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8, The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is everyone that is born of the Spirit. 9, Nicodemus answered and said unto Him, How can these things be? 10, Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12, If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13, And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but He that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14, And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

So another question are YOU a Nicodemus? You have all the head knowledge about the things of the Bible but you do not have the Holy Spirit to teach, and guide you into all spiritual things, not pertaining to this World. Is your knowledge so clouded by the Father of ALL lies your father the devil who was a liar and a murderer from the beginning.

JOHN 8:44, Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Nicodemus came to Jesus in all sincerity and honesty. How do I know "Because He said to Jesus, 2, The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Like yourself and millions of others like yourself ask dumb questions which are not even relevant to the post I had posted.

IS THIS YOU? Nicodemus background as a religious leader had the knowledge of the Scriptures (Head knowledge) only. Devout Pharisees define faithfulness in terms of obeying the law. These ultimate legalistic laws applied to every area of their life. IS THIS YOU?.
    Jesus answered "Again, I tell you the truth: If a person is not born of the water and the spirit, he cannot enter God's kingdom. That born of the physical body is physical: that born of the spirit is spirit. (spiritual). If you cannot understand things happening on earth, how can you believe heavenly realities if I reveal them to you?

If you spend your entire life thinking legalistically (that is if you study the Scriptures), you will be incapable of seeing or understanding the true spiritual perspective.

Tragically, the Pharisee endowed human deeds with divine power. Like most who are not born again IS THIS YOU? Like Nicodemus believed the power was generated by doing the right thing. Nicodemus knew the wind was a fact, it's existence was not dependant on an analytical demonstration of cause and effect. An element of mystery was beyond explanation, but that element did not make the wind any less real.

Is your faith based in the human act, not in God's power working through the act?

How about a sick person (NAMEDLY THE PERSON YOU SARCASTICALLY ENQUIRED ABOUT (MY SISTER-INLAW) who could have died because of a Subdural Haematoma, (my sister in law did she believe that the prayers of her family would bring down the power of God to heal her). Or was she a doubter like yourself Nicodemus. God only knows.

" twinc" The number one reason YOU and I and all Mankind were created is to have a relationship with The CREATOR GOD!
    God made man with a free will, Man chose to reject God's love and disobey. This obedience is called SIN. SIN separates man from GOD, Today man still chooses to disobey. EVEN THOSE FROM THE UK, NO ONE IS EXEMPT.

I WAS HERE 30 YEARS AGO AS WELL AS MY SISTER-INLAW. BEEN THERE DONE THAT, GOT THE T-SHIRT.

ROMANS 6:23, For the wages of sin is death. But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our LORD.
    Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."
    Jesus made a way back to GOD for all humanity. When Jesus died on the cross, He was the sacrifice for Our sins, (PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE) He bridged the gap between man and God. Whoever believes in Jesus will live with Him forever and be set free from spiritual death (ETERNAL HELL) That all mankind is subject to.
    You can receive Jesus Christ right now into your heart and come into a relationship with your Heavenly Father who loves you so much.
    WHAT DO YOU DO:
    1: Admit that you need forgiveness.
    2: Be willing to turn away from sin.
    3: Believe that JESUS CHRIST died for YOU
    4: Ask Him in prayer to be LORD and Saviour of YOUR LIFE.
    NOW PRAY THIS PRAYER.
    Heavenly Father, I ask for your forgiveness and I now invite Jesus Christ into my life to be my LORD and Saviour. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died for my sins and rose again from the dead. May your grace help me to follow and obey you for I am now BORN AGAIN. In Jesus Name I pray AMEN! THIS IS HOW SIMPLE IT IS.

YOU WILL FIND THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE, I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT, BECAUSE IT IS A PROMISE FROM GOD AND HIS PROMISES NEVER FAIL.

"twinc" GET TO KNOW GOD. READ THE BIBLE. ATTEND A HOLY SPIRIT-FILLED CHURCH

GOD WELL BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, YOUR FRIENDS WITH ETERNAL LIFE. THAT'S A PROMISE. TO ALL MANKIND. BUT IF YOU REFUSE HIS INVITATION TODAY YOUR FINAL DISTINATION WILL BE ETERNAL HELL. MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

CHAT SOON
    FROM BRISBANE

8. Woman On A Mission

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    The Meaning of Genesis

Hi Maria, thanks for your post I see that you are a Christian, from Sweden. PRAISE THE LORD FOR YOU I believe that ALL Christians who read this post and respond are responding from emotion and not according to the Word of God to this Post of an Unbeliever, a Muslim gentleman.

Of course THEY are going to refute the authenticity of the Bible and to them they will find every loop hole to try and dispute the Bible.
    Therefore every unbeliever whether Muslim, Atheist, whatever their belief is or is not. We as believers have to use the Word against their arguments. The Power of the Word, is more power than their theology. (theology is the study of God's word.) The natural man can not understand the things of God, (from their own reasoning) because the spirit of the Word is spiritually discerned. Personally I would like to encourage Christian's that we should always back up what we are discussing/debating from the Word of God. There is also some good teaching out there on many subjects but we need to study others teachings even our Pastors, Teachers, Ministers of The Gospel, to rightly divide the Word of Truth ourselves. Even the Berean's challenged Apostle Paul, they studied the Bible to check out what he was saying was truth and I believe all Christians should do this. Let GOD SPEAK TO US, THE HOLY SPIRIT TEACH US, AND THANK GOD THE FATHER FOR HIS SON JESUS. YESHUA.
    REMEMBER /MEDITATE ON THE SCRIPTURES: Numbers 23:19, “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?”
    2 Corinthians 2:11 (KJV) Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
    1 Corinthians 12:1 Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant.

HERE IS THE ARTICLE I COPIED YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF: war on the saints
    Satan intends to attack us by using our senses. The principle devices that he uses—specifically words. A lesson can also be learned concerning Satan’s methodology of pressure applied through pleasure and pain. He also uses deceit (or lying), fear, rejection, and rebellion. I believe that we will see what Satan’s goal is, Always remember God’s answer is for our defence. (Daniel 7) Verses 21-22 - I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them until the Ancient of Days came, and judgment was passed in favour of the saints of the Highest One, and the time arrived when the saints took possession of the kingdom. Verse 25 - He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Most High.
    Worn Out and Beaten Down

One of the Bible’s titles for Christ Jesus is "Prince of Peace." Where Jesus is received as Lord (ruler, master, governor) so that His word is obeyed, peace is the result in our lives. Right living, peace and harmony, and spontaneous joy are signals that the king-dom of God is among us (see Romans 14:17). Conversely, when we labour apart from God’s grace, when we wander into habitual sin, when we walk outside of God’s known will, when we attempt to do something beyond our measure of faith, we will feel the strain on our soul, the draining of our strength. But even when we are do right, we can still suffer.

We are all subject to spiritual "drive-by-shootings." We are in a war of attrition that steals our joy, hassles our souls, and afflicts our bodies. The Devil doesn’t want to just give us a bad day; he wants to take us out… permanently! The earth is not a level playing field. Like the early American settlers found out, the Indians were here first and they didn’t easily give up their land. Casualties occurred. Likewise, in our advancement of God’s kingdom as we extend the light of the gospel, we have found out that the enemy is very active. Ignorance of his schemes against us provides with absolutely no protection, so there is no safety in pretending he’s not real. In this war innocent children, good people, and yes, even obedient faith-filled praying believers will still come under attack from Satan and his wicked imps. You see, Satan has a skilful strategy. He doesn’t come up to us and announce, "Hello, I’m Satan and I’m here to wreck your life." No, he is usually more subtle and secretive than that. Remember, he first appeared to humanity as a snake in the Garden of Eden. He has mastered his craft of deception, temptation, and destruction with eons of practice. He knows we can overcome him by faith. So he focuses his forces against our confidence in God, against our trust in Christ or His word, and against our self-confidence in our new identity in Jesus. His goal is to wear down the saints. Do you feel it? This is a day of increasing pressure against people, even people who gladly serve God. Battle fatigue is a combat reality. If we ignore Satan’s tactics, we will be unprepared for opposition, ambushed by unmet expectations (We wail in tears, "Nobody told me it would be hard!"), and we find our strength of heart failing in the time of testing. The consequences? We cast away our confidence and drop out of the fight of faith. The Devil then keeps the territory he was claiming, and we forfeit our part of the victory that was due us. Sadly, due to unbelief or fear, we will miss out on the inheritance in this life being offered to us by God. By "wear down," I mean an effort to make us dissolve our resolve, cast away our confidence, forfeit our faith, immobilize our emotions, or as a boxer would say, "throw in the towel." Many a believer has walked away from the fight because they were not equipped to endure the battles in order to win the war. They never factored in the cost! We need proper training if we are to endure difficult times or hardship. We need to be armed with an eternal purpose that will fortify us with a temporal toughness. By God’s design, this kind of "warfare equipping" cannot come exclusively from pastors, but has to be out-sourced to selected apostles and prophets. (Colossians 1:28-29, 1 Thessalonians 1:6)

2 Timothy 2:15 | Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

THESE ARTICLES ON THE FORUMS WRITTEN BY NON BELIEVERS WE NEED TO CHALLENGE BACK WITH THE WORD OF GOD, ONLY, NOT OUR OWN OPINIONS OR OUR OWN THOUGHTS, BUT FROM THE ONE WHO CREATED THE UNIVERSE AND ALL THAT IS IN IT.

I read another good article YOU CAN GET IT FREE AND MANY OTHER ARTICLES. I will post them in my next post. As these posts allow only a certain amount of characters.
    GOD BLESS YOU MARIA - Let us use the Word of God because this makes satan tremble.

2 Timothy 2:15 | Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

9. Woman On A Mission

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Hi "twinc" Thought I would share this song with you. God Bless and you have a great day

10. Woman On A Mission

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Hi Maria, Quoting You: "Well let's assume that the first verse in Genesis actually is about the Big Bang and what happened afterward, described really simplistic so it not be complete nonsense to ancient humans" Unquote" So first you say "Well, lets assume" seriously Where in the Bible does it say for us to "assume" anything pertaining to the Word Of GOD. Genesis 1:1, Says "IN THE BEGINNING GOD" Next you say "Lets assume that the first verse in Genesis actually is about the "BIG BANG" Seriously You obviously don't study anything seriously. YOU MAY WANT TO READ THIS ARTICLE. Scientific American February 2017 Cosmic Inflation Theory Faces Challenges: (NO KIDDING-EMPHYSIS MINE) The latest astrophysical measurements, combined with theoretical problems, cast doubt on the long-cherished inflationary theory of the early cosmos and suggest we need new ideas (how strange they now in 2017 NEED NEW IDEAS-EMPHYSIS MINE) By Anna Ijjas, Paul J. Steinhardt, Abraham Loeb On March 21, 2013, the European Space Agency held an international press conference to announce new results from a satellite called Planck. The spacecraft had mapped the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation, light emitted more than 13 billion years ago just after the big bang, in better detail than ever before. The new map, scientists told the audience of journalists, confirms a theory that cosmologists have held dear for 35 years: that the universe began with a bang followed by a brief period of hyperaccelerated expansion known as inflation. This expansion smoothed the universe to such an extent that, billions of years later, it remains nearly uniform all over space and in every direction and “flat,” as opposed to curved like a sphere, except for tiny variations in the concentration of matter that account for the finely detailed hierarchy of stars, galaxies and galaxy clusters around us.

"If anything, the Planck data disfavored the simplex inflation models and exacerbated long-standing foundational problems with the theory, providing new reasons to consider competing ideas about the origin and evolution of the universe. "In other words, despite their prestigious titles and theories, these physicists that portend they have figured out how the universe was created simply do not know. They are guessing.

Scientist hate to attribute creation to a Supreme God Creator of the Universe: The Bible tells us that "Fools say there is NO GOD" (EMPHYSIS MINE).

BY ANONYMOUS AUTHOR: Yet for the virtue of science, let's elaborate on the big bang theory: Assuming such a single big bang did occur, what made it occur? In any explosion - or any event for that matter - the laws of the physical universe tell us that there must exist the elements to produce that event. In other words, every event - and every thing in the physical universe - has a source. This we have learned from scientific observation and many decades of research. Science, as promulgated by scientists now and in the past, must abide by certain laws of logic. This means that no matter how abstract, a scientific theory must abide by fundamental and observable realities. Therefore, for the supposed big bang theory to be a scientific theory, it must abide by the universal rule of the physical world: That every event must have an elementary source. For this reason, scientists have been meticulously listing the atomic elements that must have existed prior to the big bang in order for the explosion to have taken place. But then they arrive at a dilemma - the singularity problem: Where did these elements come from? And where did the atomic energy come from that caused such a great explosion? This continues to baffle scientists, providing the grist for so many imaginative theories about what existed prior to the big bang. Theories have ranged from string theories to various wave and energy theories, to the famous "theory of everything." However, at the end of all of these theories, scientists find the same dilemma: What caused these? What elements, power or energy produced them?
    In addition, we must also scientifically accept that all of the personalities among the organisms we see around us - every human and every animal and other living organism - must also have arisen from something. What was the source of all of these personalities? What is the source of life? What is the source of love? What is the source of individuality? What is the source of desire? What is the source of the fear of death?
    Who created God? Because having a beginning requires a function of the element of time, and because God created time, there is no beginning to God. And the spiritual dimension - the dimension of the Supreme Being - is also not subject to the element of time. This is an eternal dimension, and those children of God who reside there are also eternal. The element of time was created by the Supreme Being specifically to monitor and maintain the physical dimension. The reality is that the Eternal Supreme Being produced the physical dimension - along with time and its innumerable universes - and impregnated it with life. This is the only scientific conclusion that maintains the laws of nature. And He isn’t only the Creator of this particular universe. He is the Creator of countless universes. This is evidenced by the word שָׁמַיִם (shamayim) being plural. COPIED FROM ANONYMOUS AUTHOR.
    FINAL QUOTE OF YOUR'S MARIA: let's assume that the first verses in Genesis actually is about the Big Bang and what happened afterwards, described really simplistic so it not be complete nonsense to "ancient humans". Well how simplistic was your description of Genesis 1: What incredible knowledge God has given you to enlighten "ancient humans" Seriously Maria.

11. breathofdesire

breathofdesire Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Genesis is a basic story for sheep herders and the like, to learn how the spirit of God initiated the creation of the universe. Any which way this primary concept could be written, someone could question.

By realizing a creator before rather than after, you are left with a sense of exponential meaning and purpose.

12. twinc

twinc Active Member

United Kingdom

oh yeah sheep herders - so as a creationist I am a sheep herder - there was no big bang nor millions of years - a day has nothing to do with light but is a complete revolujtion of the earth on its axis and the reason the earth was formless was precisely because there was no heat or light that causes life and things to grow etc - twinc

"ByGrace" likes this.
  13. breathofdesire

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I hope I didn't offend you or anything, they don't have to be sheep herder's.

14. Woman On A Mission

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Morning from Brisbane "breathofdesire" That's one way to minster to the unsaved. Good work.

Hi again "breathofdesire" Amazing teaching and knowledge you have of the Scriptures. That gives the unsaved a great revelation of Who God the Creator Is. This post was posted by a Moslem Gentleman who is seeking Christians insight into Genesis. So you sure have given everyone who reads the post amazing revelation. (please excuse the sarcasm). So what exactly is your "breath of desire" is that to see the unsaved save and to give them scripturally based responses. XOXO

"ByGrace" likes this.
  15. breathofdesire

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I see that the people of today are born into a scientific era, where it's knowledge of the current universe has made the creation story redundant.

Using the scientific method to obtain evidence from Genesis that's satisfactory is futile. That I think is due to the divide between spirituality minded people (As for the case of the Genesis times) and scientifically minded people (As for the case of our current times)

The scientific minded person can push out spirituality because they are dependant on what they see.

The Genesis minded person accepts the unseen spiritual world, because many stories invoke meaning behind the door of this reality.

My (Mission) is to lead a quiet life.

16. Woman On A Mission

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia

17. Woman On A Mission

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    "breathofdesire"
    THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CARNAL AND SPIRITUAL THINKING: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. They that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh, but they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. To be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. The carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please GOD.

1: YOU SAID"

18. Woman On A Mission

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    ??????????
    Job 4:17 -- 'Can a mortal be more righteous than God? Can a man be more pure than his Maker?
    Job 9:8 -- He alone spreads out the heavens, And treads on the waves of the sea; 9 -- He made the Bear, Orion, and the Pleiades, And the chambers of the south; 10 -- He does great things past finding out, Yes, wonders without number.
    Job 10:8 -- 'Your hands have made me and fashioned me, An intricate unity; Yet You would destroy me. 9 -- Remember, I pray, that You have made me like clay. And will You turn me into dust again?
    Job 10:11 -- Clothe me with skin and flesh, And knit me together with bones and sinews? 12 -- You have granted me life and favour, And Your care has preserved my spirit.
    Job 12:9 -- Who among all these does not know That the hand of the LORD has done this, 10 -- In whose hand is the life of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind?
    Job 26:7 -- He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing. 8 -- He binds up the water in His thick clouds, Yet the clouds are not broken under it. Job 26:10 -- He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters, At the boundary of light and darkness.
    Job 26:13 -- By His Spirit He adorned the heavens; His hand pierced the fleeing serpent. 14 -- Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, And how small a whisper we hear of Him! But the thunder of His power who can understand?"
    Job 28:26 -- When He made a law for the rain, And a path for the thunderbolt,
    Job 31:15 -- Did not He who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same One fashion us in the womb?
    Job 32:22 -- For I do not know how to flatter, Else my Maker would soon take me away.
    Job 33:4 -- The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
    Job 33:6 -- Truly I am as your spokesman before God; I also have been formed out of clay.
    Job 34:19 -- Yet He is not partial to princes, Nor does He regard the rich more than the poor; For they are all the work of His hands.
    Job 38:4 -- "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. 5 -- Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?
    Job 38:6 -- To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, 7 -- When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy? 8 -- "Or who shut in the sea with doors, When it burst forth and issued from the womb; Job 38:9 -- When I made the clouds its garment, And thick darkness its swaddling band; 10 -- When I fixed My limit for it, And set bars and doors; 11 When I said, 'This far you may come, but no farther, And here your proud waves must stop!' 12 -- "Have you commanded the morning since your days began, And caused the dawn to know its place, Job 38:19 -- "Where is the way to the dwelling of light? And darkness, where is its place,
    Job 38:33 -- Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you set their dominion over the earth?
    Job 38:36 -- Who has put wisdom in the mind? Or who has given understanding to the heart?
    Job 40:15 -- "Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; He eats grass like an ox.
    Job 40:19 -- He is the first of the ways of God; Only He who made him can bring near His sword.
    Psalms 8:3 -- When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
    Psalms 8:5 -- For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
    Psalms 8:6 -- You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,
    Psalms 19:1 -- The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.
    Psalms 19:4 -- Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,
    Psalms 24:1 -- The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.2, For He has founded it upon the seas, And established it upon the waters.
    Psalms 33:6 -- By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
    Psalms 33:7 -- He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deep in storehouses.
    Psalms 33:8 -- Let all the earth fear the LORD; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
    Psalms 33:9 -- For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.
    Psalms 33:11 -- The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart to all generations.
    Psalms 65:6 -- Who established the mountains by His strength, Being clothed with power;
    Psalms 74:16 -- The day is Yours, the night also is Yours; You have prepared the light and the sun.
    Psalms 74:17 -- You have set all the borders of the earth; You have made summer and winter.
    Psalms 78:69 -- And He built His sanctuary like the heights, Like the earth which He has established forever.
    Psalms 86:9 -- All nations whom You have made Shall come and worship before You, O Lord, And shall glorify Your name.
    Psalms 89:11 -- The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all its fullness, You have founded them.
    Psalms 89:12 -- The north and the south, You have created them; Tabor and Hermon rejoice in Your name.
    Psalms 89:47 -- Remember how short my time is; For what futility have You created all the children of men?
    Psalms 90:2 -- Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.
    Psalms 94:9 -- He who planted the ear, shall He not hear? He who formed the eye, shall He not see?
    Psalms 95:4 -- In His hand are the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills are His also. 5, The sea is His, for He made it; And His hands formed the dry land. 6, Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker. 7, For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice:
    Psalms 100:3 -- Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Psalms 102:18 -- This will be written for the generation to come, That a people yet to be created may praise the LORD.

VictoryinJesus likes this.
  19. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    GINOLJC, after reading some of the post, not all, some are good responses. but, in addressing the OP, there are no scientific error in the bible. the Light mention in Genesis 1:3 is not physical "Light", it's a metaphor for Knowledge & understanding. light, or WISDOM gives us the reader "understanding" of God's work in creation. this is what one poster at the beginning was saying. John 1:5 "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not". there's the clue to that light, comprehension, or the ability to understand, or to know or have knowledge of something or someone. hence the Light/wisdom was brought forth. scripture, Proverbs 8:22 &24 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water". here is another clue, "When there were no depths". NO DEPTHS?, Genesis 1:1 & 3 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light". the deep here is the dephts. let me put this in modern Language. have someone come to and said, "did you hear about so in so". and you might respond, no I was kept in the "DARK" about that. other words you didn't KNOW. the light is wisdom in God's creation so that we can KNOW. God wanted us to "Know" and "understand" what he did in creation when he made everything. we have his record. and with Light and darkness, if something is invisible, (NOT KNOWN, DARKNESS), then Light reveals it, scripture, Romans 1:19 & 20 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse". there is no excuse, the Godhead is plainly seen, (manifest in them), in that which he have made, Adam, and the another from him the woman EVE (who was to come). for Adam the man was before the woman, being made on generation day 3, she, who is a diversity of Adam, came forth on generation day 6. likewise the Godhead is a Diversity of the Spirit/God in Flesh, no excuse we plainly see it, Man, and the G243 Allos of Man (the Woman) the diversity of ONESELF.

20. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I mention elsewhere that it 'take me a while' to understand.
    Can you 'break down' so I can understand the above ...thanks.

Gen 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 13 And the evening and the morning were the third day."

I see no Adam there? Neither naturally or spiritually. I am listening, :)