Israel and Destiny?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I would like to get some views an perspective on what people here think about Israel and its destiny toward the future?

Maveric

Feb 26, 2008
I believe that Israel holds a divine place in God's overall plan. She is the olive tree into which we as Christians have been grafted. She has been blinded by God for the salvation of the Gentiles, but in the words of Paul, "all Israel shall be saved.":)

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
First you must distinguish which Israel, the nation Israel, the house of Israel, or spiritual Israel.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
I will assume you meant the nation Israel. The nation Israel is the the abomination that was SET UP.Dan.12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. It was SET UP May 15, 1948, and it will be the stage for many things including Satan claiming to be God.II Thes.2:1-4 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Until his time, Satan is holding on while his secret councils already work.We can perceive the dragon with a tail of close followers, the power of overspreading wings of deceit. We can perceive the beast one world dominion having 7 heads 10 horns, the rising New World Order and Global Community.

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(Two;38250)
I would like to get some views an perspective on what people here think about Israel and its destiny toward the future?
God has an early covenant with them he will not break. In spite of un-belief they still play a part. Romans explains it pretty good I think. Eschatology is littered with things Jewish , Israeli , Temple etc.They are the chosen people ,from them came the prophets , through them came the Saviour , the first Christians were all Jews etc.Because of the remaining stubborn unbelief God said fine , I will graft a branch in for the Gentiles , who were not the chosen , were not the prophets , and did not bring forth the Saviour , and you will see how they will accept what you will not.I think God's purpose is partly to shame them , but not to completely reject them . Something like that.Many thanksArnie

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
They are the chosen people ,from them came the prophets , through them came the Saviour , the first Christians were all Jews etc.
Agreed Arnie.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
I am begining to believe Every time isreal is mentioned in Revelation it means Christians and every time the Temple is mentioned it means the church. People knew and understood Revelation when it was written, which means it is more symbolic than literal.Every symbol in rev is found in the old testement and has a history of its meaning.I am really starting to question the futurist belief everyone here has.I have been listening here for months and have realized some of this futurist beliefs dosent fit sometimes.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I am begining to believe Every time isreal is mentioned in Revelation it means Christians
Jews not Christians. Its possible that the word could have came into play later since the word Christian was not mention until Acts 11:26 and is only used 2 more times after that in the NT.
I am really starting to question the futurist belief everyone here has.
What belief is that? Its not a question of being futurist its taking what G-d says of his chosen people.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(arniem;41879)
God has an early covenant with them he will not break. In spite of un-belief they still play a part. Romans explains it pretty good I think. Eschatology is littered with things Jewish , Israeli , Temple etc.They are the chosen people ,from them came the prophets , through them came the Saviour , the first Christians were all Jews etc.Because of the remaining stubborn unbelief God said fine , I will graft a branch in for the Gentiles , who were not the chosen , were not the prophets , and did not bring forth the Saviour , and you will see how they will accept what you will not.I think God's purpose is partly to shame them , but not to completely reject them . Something like that.Many thanksArnie
Excellent Arniem

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Two;38250)
Well, I think most people here that conversed with me know my position. With my avatar showing their destiny, I think that I show that I believe they are very important. I'm the seed of Abraham myself, both physically and spiritually.

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(Wayne Murray;38283)
First you must distinguish which Israel, the nation Israel, the house of Israel, or spiritual Israel.
Hi WayneMaveric stated the words of Paul, "all Israel shall be saved." Who do you say Israel is in that quote?Many thanksArnie M.

ncsojourner

Mar 15, 2008
(Two;41910)
Jews not Christians. Its possible that the word could have came into play later since the word Christian was not mention until Acts 11:26 and is only used 2 more times after that in the NT.What belief is that? Its not a question of being futurist its taking what G-d says of his chosen people.
Where does it say in the Bible that the jews are God's chosen people?I would like book, chapter, and verse, pleaseGary"Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a "Jew" or to call a contemporary Jew an Israelite or a Hebrew." 1980 Jewish Almanac, P.3

Mar 26, 2008
Israel is the nation of God, Hashem chosed them and made the old covenant with them. See Exodus 3:6, and exodus 20:1-17. Between those 2 chapters and verses 6 times Hashem refers to Moses and his people as "thy God" We've been added to His people by the new covenant through the blood of Yeshua Hamashiah and now we are called the sons of the living God! Amen

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Where does it say in the Bible that the jews are God's chosen people?I would like book, chapter, and verse, please
(2Chr 6:6 [KJV])But I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel.(Isa 43:20 [KJV])The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, [and] rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.Israel is the center of the Middle East, Jerusalem is the center of Israel. In that first verse God chose Jerusalem, chose David to rule over them "my People" the people of Israel. For some reason people have this wild idea that God has just gave up on Israel thats not the case at all far from it. Folks need to read the history of the Jewish state. (2Chr 6:5 [KJV])Since the day that I brought forth my people out of the land of Egypt I chose no city among all the tribes of Israel to build an house in, that my name might be there; neither chose I any man to be a ruler over my people Israel:(Ps 14:7 [KJV])Oh that the salvation of Israel [were come] out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, [and] Israel shall be glad.(Ps 50:7 [KJV])Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I [am] God, [even] thy God.(Ps 53:6 [KJV])Oh that the salvation of Israel [were come] out of Zion! When God bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, [and] Israel shall be glad.(Ps 114:2 [KJV])Judah was his sanctuary, [and] Israel his dominion.(Ps 121:4 [KJV])Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.(Ps 135:4 [KJV])For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, [and] Israel for his peculiar treasure.Need anymore I got hundreds..........

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
First of all few understand this or who you are God chose a people we call them Hebrewhe put them in a land we call Israel these people became known as Jews because they practiced Judaism Christ came and converted Many of these Jews to ChristianityNotice they are still the same people he choose from the beginning. After the crucifiction the temple was destroyed the Jews both those who practiced Judaism and Christianity were scattered the northern tribes of which there were ten went North across the Causes Mt. into what is now Scotland,Ireland and Britain these tended to be the ones that followed christianity they settled around Europe and left to settle lands of America. canada Australia eventually became the Christian Nations of today.The southern 2 tribes of Judah , Benjamin and their levite priests became who we know as the Jews today they hung on to their Judaism and traditions We call them by the name Jews because Judah is the largest tribe and they still practice JudaismNow notice God has never changed who his chosen people are they just split into Christain and Jew to use our current day languageThere was never a replacement the christains (church )and Jews make up what God calls the Whole house of Israel You may not know who you are but I assure God knows exactly who you are just as he does the Jews A tree planted as a fig tree can not suddenly become an Apple tree it can grow up a get leaves and appear differnt than the roots but it is still a fig treeyou better understand this.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Kriss my dear where does this come from?
Christ came and converted Many of these Jews to Christianity
Your talking Messanic now...thats one of the reasons the Jews do not believe in Messiah because they do not believe he fulfilled the Messanic prophecies. The take on the Messiah is that he is viewed differently by the Jews and by Christians. I need to do a study on this and post it.....People should see this site it might clear up somethings.http://whatjewsbelieve.org

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Im talking all the Jews that joined with the gentiles and were converted to Christ Many of the gentiles converted were Jews (hebrews) first remember this was in around Jerusalem

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It actully the most clear in Eze. if you understand Gods terminology, he calls these the two nothern and southern tribes by the names of the largest tribes He most always seperates them by these names todays Jews(southern tribes) are still called Judah (they retain the scepter it was always the promise to them) the Northern tribes are called Ephriam and Mannash (they split Josheps birth right) when God refers to the Whole house of Israel he is talking all 12 tribes Now knowing this read Ezek 37 where he tell you these are two sticks that is (of the same tree) and he will reunite them as one stick and graft them into Christ our branchEze 37:18 ¶ And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou [meanest] by these? Eze 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which [is] in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, [even] with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. Eze 37:20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. Eze 37:21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: Eze 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:[url="http://www.christianityboard.com/judaha-sceptre-joseph-birthright-t6118.html]http://www.christianityboard.com/judaha-sc...ight-t6118.html[/url]You can read of the ten tribes that went North in Eze. 17 its pretty smbolic I have interpted it for you here:http://www.christianityboard.com/eze-17-tr...147.html?t=6147

ncsojourner

Mar 15, 2008
(MyLordYeshuaHaMashiah;43610)
Israel is the nation of God, Hashem chosed them and made the old covenant with them. See Exodus 3:6, and exodus 20:1-17. Between those 2 chapters and verses 6 times Hashem refers to Moses and his people as "thy God" We've been added to His people by the new covenant through the blood of Yeshua Hamashiah and now we are called the sons of the living God! Amen
Moses was never called a Jew.There wasn't any new people added by the new covenant.The new covenant was made with the same people as the old covenant. Thehouse of Israel and the house of Judah.Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:Hebrews 8:8-9 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord."Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a "Jew" or to call a contemporary Jew an Israelite or a Hebrew." 1980 Jewish Almanac, P.3Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.