ISRAEL IN THE TRIBULATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 4:30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;

4:31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God ; ) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Israel will go through the tribulation in the latter days.

If obedient, they will partake of the covenant of their fathers to possess the land (Genesis 15:18) and be a blessing to the nations in the kingdom (Isaiah 60:3).

Reactions: marks

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel means the Servants of God and that means the truly Born again in Christ Jesus. not Anti-Christ so called Jews.

The Jews are lost as and do not even follow the OT in fact.

Anyone who looks to the Jews is a fool ! you are better off studying the OT to understand what true Judaism was all about, once you have done that you will see that the Jews today are nothing that they claim to be in fact. not to mention if one had truly studied the OT one would know who Jesus Christ truly is in fact, because it's all about his coming.

The problem with the Jews now is that they have been led astray by cunning devils who dominate over them, as it always was and the Jews are enslaved, they always have been, it's only Jesus Christ who brings anyone out of being enslaved in fact. all outside of Jesus Christ are slaves to this world, that's why Jesus Christ came in fact. so as to set you free from the delusions of this world.
Religion never Saved anyone, even Godless people are religious.

Reactions: APAK and Davy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 4:30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;

4:31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God ; ) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

If obedient, they will partake of the covenant of their fathers to possess the land (Genesis 15:18) and be a blessing to the nations in the kingdom (Isaiah 60:3).
I can't help but notice, not "if you are in tribulation", but, When you are in tribulation.

I'm reminded of Paul's words . . .

Romans 11:15 "For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?"

Much love!

Reactions: Doug

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Addressing the OP, Great insight.
and correct, for I love the part where God alway keeps the door of salvation open... "IF" . Deuteronomy 4:30 "When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;"

God repete this open Door of salvation twice in Isaiah as you quoted for all nations.
Isaiah 9:15 "The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail."
Isaiah 9:16 "For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed."
Isaiah 9:17 "Therefore the Lord shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still."

now,
Isaiah 10:1 "Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;"
Isaiah 10:2 "To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!"
Isaiah 10:3 "And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?"
Isaiah 10:4 "Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still."

this same door is still open today, because what going in the world today is right there in verses 1 &2. yes, even right here in America today.

Goug, another Good topic.

all those pre-trib ..... and rapture believers, should look at this topic too. and all who call themselves christians, and say that they believe what the Lord Jesus say, need to, as our Lord by his apostle James said, "Look in that perfect law of liberty", see James 1:25.

PICJAG.
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jer 30:7, Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, that remnant will be saved.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
Certain of the descendants of Jacob will not have to go through the GT....for they were saved in the times of the Gentiles...and therefore will be included with the Gentiles in the rapture of the church.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certain of the descendants of Jacob will not have to go through the GT....for they were saved in the times of the Gentiles...and therefore will be included with the Gentiles in the rapture of the church.
please post your scripture to support that statement.

PICJAG.
The "Spiritual Saboteur"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing that I am aware of that I can offer as an absolute proof text; other than the scripture already posted: but as evidence I would suggest that there will be descendants of Jacob who also belong to the church of Philadelphia as a designation and who will "keep the word of His patience" (see Revelation 3:10). Because in Romans 9 and in Romans 11, we find that there is a remnant of Israel that believes in Christ during the times of the Gentiles. I believe that those who are of this remnant will be raptured with the church.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The promises of God are contingent to obedience as the text says.....this has always been the case.....it is not about to change.

If Israel referred to in your quotes is solely geographical Israel, ie literal descendants of Jacob then we will see the what transpires. At the present their obedience is abysmal.

If however 'Israel' referred to represents God's people from all cultures and all time, the same principle applies.....obedience to God's Commandments will bring them the blessing....they shall posses the land....not just a small slice of the Middle East but the whole Earth...the New Earth as described in Revelation 21

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is the condition placed on Romans 8:38-39?
Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Your question implies you have not heard (understood) my post, here repeated:-
'God's love is not conditional but God's promises are always conditional. Confusing the two results in deviation'.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is that the love of God is in Christ Jesus our Lord; so perhaps I have not given a good enough example.

But certainly, there are promises that do not have any conditions attached to them; while I cannot point out one of them in the present moment.

It may be that every promise of God has a condition attached to it; however I would say that our knowledge of the Bible isn't extensive enough to make that conclusion without a doubt.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem that every promise has attached to it as a condition faith (Hebrews 11:33); so that even those promises that appear to have no condition have as a condition that they must be obtained by faith.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is that the love of God is in Christ Jesus our Lord; so perhaps I have not given a good enough example.

But certainly, there are promises that do not have any conditions attached to them; while I cannot point out one of them in the present moment.

It may be that every promise of God has a condition attached to it; however I would say that our knowledge of the Bible isn't extensive enough to make that conclusion without a doubt.
The condition (if it has escaped your attention) is obedience.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The condition (if it has escaped your attention) is obedience.
God doesn't love you unless you obey Him? (for I am looking once again at Romans 8:38-39 as a promise of holy scripture).

That's news to me...last time I checked, the holy scriptures teach that God is love (1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16).