"It couldn't hurt", he said.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malaria drug hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit in a large study of its use at U.S. veterans hospitals, researchers say.

Hydroxychloroquine has garnered global attention during the coronavirus pandemic, most notably from President Trump, who touted it as a potential treatment.

The research, which was published in the medRxiv online depository, evaluated data from 368 COVID-19 patients.

CLINICAL TRIAL OF POTENTIAL CORONAVIRUS TREATMENT HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE BEGINS, NIH SAYS

“We performed a retrospective analysis of data from patients hospitalized with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection in all United States Veterans Health Administration medical centers until April 11, 2020,” the researchers explained. Some 97 patients had been treated with just hydroxycholoroquine, 113 were treated with hydroxycholoroquine and the antibiotic azithromycin and 158 received “standard supportive management” for COVID-19.
COVID-19 treatment hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit, more deaths in VA virus study

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump has since done a 180 on hydroxychloroquine. However, as in all cases where Trump is wrong, he has to find a scapegoat:

Top vaccine expert says he was fired for resisting Trump on hydroxychloroquine
Rick Bright, who directed key government agency, tells New York Times refusal to embrace unproven treatment led to departure
Rick Bright was this week ousted as director of the US health department’s Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or Barda, and as the deputy assistant secretary for preparedness and response.

In a stunningly candid statement, Bright highlighted his refusal to embrace hydroxychloroquine, a malaria drug relentlessly promoted by the president and Fox News despite a lack of scientific studies.

“Specifically, and contrary to misguided directives, I limited the broad use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, promoted by the administration as a panacea, but which clearly lack scientific merit,” Bright said.

“While I am prepared to look at all options and to think ‘outside the box’ for effective treatments, I rightly resisted efforts to provide an unproven drug on demand to the American public.”

Asked about Bright at the White House coronavirus briefing on Wednesday, Trump said: “I never heard of him. If a guy says he was pushed out of a job, maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t. You’d have to hear the other side. I don’t know who he is.”
Top vaccine expert claims he was fired for resisting Trump on hydroxychloroquine

If you disagree with Trump and you're wrong, you might not face retaliation. But Trump cannot abide someone disagreeing with him and being proven right. That affront to his huge and delicate ego cannot be tolerated.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump suggests 'injection' of disinfectant to beat coronavirus and 'clean' the lungs
A Homeland Security official, under questioning from reporters, later said federal laboratories are not considering such a treatment option.
President Donald Trump suggested the possibility of an "injection" of disinfectant into a person infected with the coronavirus as a deterrent to the virus during his daily briefing Thursday.
President Donald Trump suggested the possibility of an "injection" of disinfectant into a person infected with the coronavirus as a deterrent to the virus during his daily briefing Thursday.

Trump made the remark after Bill Bryan, who leads the Department of Homeland Security's science and technology division, gave a presentation on research his team has conducted that shows that the virus doesn't live as long in warmer and more humid temperatures. Bryan said, "The virus dies quickest in sunlight," leaving Trump to wonder whether you could bring the light "inside the body."

"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

He added: "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

He didn't specify the kind of disinfectant.

Medical professionals, including Dr. Vin Gupta, a pulmonologist, global health policy expert and an NBC News and MSNBC contributor. were quick to challenge the president's "improper health messaging."

“This notion of injecting or ingesting any type of cleansing product into the body is irresponsible and it’s dangerous," said Gupta. "It’s a common method that people utilize when they want to kill themselves."
Trump suggests 'injection' of disinfectant to beat coronavirus and 'clean' the lungs

It's like a SNL skit. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't eat or inject yourself with disinfectant, warns FDA commissioner
On Thursday, US President Donald Trump suggested that scientists may want to explore bringing UV light inside the body to kill a Covid-19 infection, or should consider the use of disinfectant that "knocks it out in a minute ... by injection inside or almost a cleaning."

"I certainly wouldn't recommend the internal ingestion of a disinfectant," said US Food and Drug Administration commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn, who is also a member of the White House coronavirus task force.

Don't eat or inject yourself with disinfectant, warns FDA commissioner9qd5CVM

Reactions: Giuliano

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The leader of the most prominent group in the US peddling potentially lethal industrial bleach as a “miracle cure” for coronavirus wrote to Donald Trump at the White House this week.

In his letter, Mark Grenon told Trump that chlorine dioxide – a powerful bleach used in industrial processes such as textile manufacturing that can have fatal side-effects when drunk – is “a wonderful detox that can kill 99% of the pathogens in the body”. He added that it “can rid the body of Covid-19”.

A few days after Grenon dispatched his letter, Trump went on national TV at his daily coronavirus briefing at the White House on Thursday and promoted the idea that disinfectant could be used as a treatment for the virus. To the astonishment of medical experts, the US president said that disinfectant “knocks it out in a minute. One minute!”

He went on to say: “Is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that.”
Grenon styles himself as “archbishop” of Genesis II – a Florida-based outfit that claims to be a church but which in fact is the largest producer and distributor of chlorine dioxide bleach as a “miracle cure” in the US. He brands the chemical as MMS, “miracle mineral solution”, and claims fraudulently that it can cure 99% of all illnesses including cancer, malaria, HIV/Aids as well as autism.

Since the start of the pandemic, Genesis II has been marketing MMS as a cure to coronavirus. It advises users, including children, to mix three to six drops of bleach in water and drink it.

Grenon said that 30 of his supporters have also written in the past few days to Trump at the White House urging him to take action to protect Genesis II in its bleach-peddling activities which they claim can cure coronavirus.

On Friday, hours after Trump talked about disinfectant on live TV, Grenon went further in a post on his Facebook page. He claimed that MMS had actually been sent to the White House. He wrote: “Trump has got the MMS and all the info!!! Things are happening folks! Lord help others to see the Truth!”

Paradoxically, Trump’s outburst about the possible value of an “injection” of disinfectant into the lungs of Covid-19 sufferers came just days after a leading agency within the president’s own administration took action to shut down the peddling of bleach as a coronavirus cure around the US.

Last week the US Food and Drug Administration obtained a federal court order barring Genesis II from selling what was described as “an unproven and potentially harmful treatment for Covid-19”. The FDA also ordered a disciple of Genesis II, Kerri Rivera, to remove claims that MMS cured coronavirus from her website.
In one of his shows, first reported by the Daily Beast, Sisson held up two bottles of Genesis II MMS and said: “Gonna meet Trump, it’s only a matter of time. President Trump’s gonna invite us up there, when he finds out about this stuff.”

On Friday Trump claimed he was being “sarcastic” in his remarks but there is no evidence to back up that claim and he appeared entirely serious as he made them.
Revealed: leader of group peddling bleach as coronavirus 'cure' wrote to Trump this week

facepalm.png

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
The leader of the most prominent group in the US peddling potentially lethal industrial bleach as a “miracle cure” for coronavirus wrote to Donald Trump at the White House this week.

In his letter, Mark Grenon told Trump that chlorine dioxide – a powerful bleach used in industrial processes such as textile manufacturing that can have fatal side-effects when drunk – is “a wonderful detox that can kill 99% of the pathogens in the body”. He added that it “can rid the body of Covid-19”.

A few days after Grenon dispatched his letter, Trump went on national TV at his daily coronavirus briefing at the White House on Thursday and promoted the idea that disinfectant could be used as a treatment for the virus. To the astonishment of medical experts, the US president said that disinfectant “knocks it out in a minute. One minute!”

He went on to say: “Is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that.”
Grenon styles himself as “archbishop” of Genesis II – a Florida-based outfit that claims to be a church but which in fact is the largest producer and distributor of chlorine dioxide bleach as a “miracle cure” in the US. He brands the chemical as MMS, “miracle mineral solution”, and claims fraudulently that it can cure 99% of all illnesses including cancer, malaria, HIV/Aids as well as autism.

Since the start of the pandemic, Genesis II has been marketing MMS as a cure to coronavirus. It advises users, including children, to mix three to six drops of bleach in water and drink it.

Grenon said that 30 of his supporters have also written in the past few days to Trump at the White House urging him to take action to protect Genesis II in its bleach-peddling activities which they claim can cure coronavirus.

On Friday, hours after Trump talked about disinfectant on live TV, Grenon went further in a post on his Facebook page. He claimed that MMS had actually been sent to the White House. He wrote: “Trump has got the MMS and all the info!!! Things are happening folks! Lord help others to see the Truth!”

Paradoxically, Trump’s outburst about the possible value of an “injection” of disinfectant into the lungs of Covid-19 sufferers came just days after a leading agency within the president’s own administration took action to shut down the peddling of bleach as a coronavirus cure around the US.

Last week the US Food and Drug Administration obtained a federal court order barring Genesis II from selling what was described as “an unproven and potentially harmful treatment for Covid-19”. The FDA also ordered a disciple of Genesis II, Kerri Rivera, to remove claims that MMS cured coronavirus from her website.
In one of his shows, first reported by the Daily Beast, Sisson held up two bottles of Genesis II MMS and said: “Gonna meet Trump, it’s only a matter of time. President Trump’s gonna invite us up there, when he finds out about this stuff.”

On Friday Trump claimed he was being “sarcastic” in his remarks but there is no evidence to back up that claim and he appeared entirely serious as he made them.
Revealed: leader of group peddling bleach as coronavirus 'cure' wrote to Trump this week

facepalm.png
Gosh, and I thought Trump came up with that nonsense on the spur of the moment! When I first heard him say that I was rolling on the floor laughing, wondering how many of his fans would actually be daft enough to drink bleach now. Sadly, I found out today that’s it’s quite a few:

Calls To Poison Centers Spike After The President’s Comments About Using Disinfectants To Treat Coronavirus

Stay safe, and as my ten year old would know: don’t gurgle/drink/inject disinfectant!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Utah was really into Trump's miracle cure. Now it wants its money back.

Utah residents may be lukewarm on President Donald Trump—the president leads Democrat Joe Biden there by only five points, a shocking number in such a reliably red state—but Utah has proven to be an enthusiastic booster of Trump’s favorite coronavirus miracle cure, the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine. On March 21, a group of drug promoters in the state held a press conference to advocate for its use to treat Covid-19, claiming it could practically raise the dead, despite the fact that there’s no evidence that it works, and plenty of evidence that it can be dangerous to some people.

“There are responses that are equivalent to Lazarus—literally the biblical Lazarus—people almost dead coming back,” physician Kurt Hegmann, director of the Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health at the University of Utah, said at the event.

Ten days later, the state spent $800,000 to purchase 20,000 doses from a local pharmacy chain, Meds in Motion, whose owner had been promoting the drug to state officials for weeks. The state legislature planned to set aside $8 million to buy 200,000 more doses to distribute free of charge to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19. Experts warned that the purchase was a waste of money given that the drug hasn’t been proven to work in treating the disease.

Eight million dollars for pharmaceuticals is a lot of money in a state that ranks dead last in per-pupil public school spending and spent most of the last decade refusing to expand Medicaid under Obamacare, even after state residents passed a ballot initiative demanding the expansion.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Utah was really into Trump's miracle cure. Now it wants its money back.

The idiots in the state government who fell for that hoax should be forced to pay the money back out of their pockets.

There's some good news on this front; apparently, no one yet has died from ingesting/injecting bleach, and only one who has died taking his advice on hydroxycholoroquine.

Crazy as it sounds, there are millions of Americans who still take Trump seriously. He needs to shut up and let doctors give medical advice.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idiots in the state government who fell for that hoax should be forced to pay the money back out of their pockets.
They probably can sell it to someone else since Trump's comment helped create a shortage because places like Utah who didn't need it bought so much of it. Did you notice that Trump's ahead of Biden by only 5% in Utah? I'm sure this fiasco didn't make him more popular. That's a huge drop by the way since he won Utah by 18% in 2016.

There's some good news on this front; apparently, no one yet has died from ingesting/injecting bleach, and only one who has died taking his advice on hydroxycholoroquine.
But people did suffer because of his recommending hydroxychloroquine. Some people with lupus couldn't find enough and had to cut their dosages. Thank goodness, this run on the drug didn't take place in the middle of the malaria season, or people could have died if all the drug was being bought by people in Utah and others who took Trump seriously.

Crazy as it sounds, there are millions of Americans who still take Trump seriously. He needs to shut up and let doctors give medical advice.
Lots of people have stopped believing him. Enough are that Senate Republicans are worrying now about losing the Senate. I've been tracking the Senate races and my estimate (from the polls I have) is that they may hold on, probably 51 - 49. There are lots of states I haven't found polls for; but the trend in the ones I have should be troubling the Republican Party. I ran across an article that said the same thing. Republicans may not have to worry about losing Utah; but they should be alarmed by what is happening in other states. (Who knows though, maybe Trump could lose Utah. A five percent shift could happen.)

Nervous Republicans See Trump Sinking, and Taking Senate With Him

The surveys also showed Republican senators in Arizona, Colorado, North Carolina and Maine trailing or locked in a dead heat with potential Democratic rivals — in part because their fate is linked to Mr. Trump’s job performance. If incumbents in those states lose, and Republicans pick up only the Senate seat in Alabama, Democrats would take control of the chamber should Mr. Biden win the presidency.

“He’s got to run very close for us to keep the Senate,” Charles R. Black Jr., a veteran Republican consultant, said of Mr. Trump. “I’ve always thought we were favored to, but I can’t say that now with all these cards up in the air.”

Republicans were taken aback this past week by the results of a 17-state survey commissioned by the Republican National Committee. It found the president struggling in the Electoral College battlegrounds and likely to lose without signs of an economic rebound this fall, according to a party strategist outside the R.N.C. who is familiar with the poll’s results.

The Trump campaign’s own surveys have also shown an erosion of support, according to four people familiar with the data, as the coronavirus remains the No. 1 issue worrying voters.

Things do not look good for Republicans. I never thought I'd see the day Susan Collins could lose in Maine; but she's behind the Democrat now. Voting for Kavanaugh wasn't very popular in Maine, and voting to acquit Trump wasn't. She would have been better off to have kept a safe distance from Trump -- as she did when she said she wasn't going to vote for him because she felt he was unsuitable for the office. Shen won in a landslide.

Trump overplayed his hand. "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Donald was put in place by GOD to undo the harm of the Muslim years.

(Barbarian checks)

Nope. God declined to take part in the election. That wasn't God. He just claimed to be, as he often does.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Barbarian checks)

Nope. God declined to take part in the election. That wasn't God. He just claimed to be, as he often does.
What do you do with this?
"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake."
Romans 13:1-5, KJV

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The power in the USA is the voter. It's a representative democracy. So that means, we are obligated by God to call out public officials who are remiss in their duties.

We aren't the subjects; we are the higher power. That's how this government works. Often, as is the case now, the servants forget that, and like to imagine they are the "chosen one."

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake."
Romans 13:1-5, KJV
The reader of the Bible needs to struggle with that passage to reconcile it with other passages.

Psalm 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

Hosea 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

Acts 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.