It is God who Sanctifies !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will sustain you to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 3:13
To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Ephesians 5:26-27
that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

Colossians 1:22
But now He has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence-

Notice Who is doing the Sanctifying above !

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only correction I would make to that, is, that I would use the kjv in the first verse...

1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

And in Colossians 1:22...

Col 1:21, And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Col 1:22, In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
Col 1:23, If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the One who sanctifies as Jesus taught in John 17:17 which is in COMPLETE agreement with the OP.

John 17:17
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 15:3
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will sustain you to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 3:13
To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Ephesians 5:26-27
that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

Colossians 1:22
But now He has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence-

Notice Who is doing the Sanctifying above !

hope this helps !!!

well there's no doubt that the Presence of God sanctifies, surly God's Presence separates one from everything else but God. the ground was Holy because of God's Presence, when God told Moses to remove his footwear. and only God is Holy and is so much so His Presence makes what wasn't Holy, Holy. no Presence of God, no Holiness.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well there's no doubt that the Presence of God sanctifies, surly God's Presence separates one from everything else but God. the ground was Holy because of God's Presence, when God told Moses to remove his footwear. and only God is Holy and is so much so His Presence makes what wasn't Holy, Holy. no Presence of God, no Holiness.
Amen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the One who sanctifies as Jesus taught in John 17:17 which is in COMPLETE agreement with the OP.

John 17:17
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 15:3
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

I have no disagreement with you here.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it was worth mentioning its God who sanctifies, it follows suit to much of what is erroneously debated, about righteousness or even sin.

no one is righteous but Jesus' righteousness make you righteous so no Jesus no righteousness, no Jesus no justification, and that which is of God that is with some one doesn't sin, period. that which is of God does not act against God.

even though Paul goes on about the lusts of the flesh and the like one should understand he was talking to a people who was raised and live in a society where most any pleasurer goes and is accepted as normal and ok. much like things are getting to today. so it was imperative for him to point out to those who didn't know that such things are frowned upon by their Lord and Savior.

Paul also explains the results:

1Co 3:11  For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 
1Co 3:12  Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 
1Co 3:13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 
1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 

and he also quotes Moses here

Heb_12:29  For our God is a consuming fire.

and John the Baptist also preached

Mat_3:11  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

what is not of God is purged and returns to the ground and what is of God remains with God.