It matters not.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It matters not what happens in ones life, only that righteousness is done at all times in those circumstances and situations that are presented to us...

We all have things we would like to do and like to see happen. These, as long as they are not sin are not bad or wrong in themselves. But they are not of first importance...Doing righteousness is that which is of first importance in any and all circumstances and situations, this is that that is of first importance to God and should be to us.

Righteousness and the manifestation of righteousness is why Christ died. To bring righteousness back to man and give man the ability to walk in righteousness in all their ways. This is that that man lost at the fall, his ability to walk and live in righteousness.

This is of first importance to God, for God lives in righteousness and as beings that were created in His image and likeness walking in righteousness is our proper place. Scripture says;

Romans 5:17 (NASB)
For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

We have all in Christ Jesus been given the gift of righteousness, but that gift was given that we might walk in it. That it might become that which is of first importance in our life’s.

Again Scripture says of first importance;

Matthew 6:33 (NASB)
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

“Seek first”

Seek first that which is righteousness in any and all circumstances and situations. As we go through our day. As we go to work, talk to our neighbors, our co-workers, our friends, our families, the people at the store, those we meet in passing, the expression of righteousness to all, at all times is to be of first importance. It matters not whether we feel like giving or expressing righteousness, this is what we’ve been saved and called to, to be this expression of righteousness to all, at all times. Though it is true we do not know or see righteousness in it’s completeness, but to the degree we do see righteousness we are called to walk in that. As we do walk in the little ability we have it’s the Spirit’s job which has been given to all that are Christ’s to cause increase. But He can and will only cause an increase in the lives of those that are willing to walk in all the righteousness that they presently see....We, or should I say, it’s our own wills, that prevents Him from causing growth. The, I want this, or, the I want that....not submitting ourselves to His righteousness..

God knows what we need and would desire, by walking in all the righteousness we see, is the greatest and fastest way to achieve increase in our lives, but with contentment. Our life’s are so much more than those things we have, or have achieved. Our life’s, as our greatest treasure, is the degree of righteousness we live, move and walk in. This is that which is the greatest value in our life’s. The degree of righteousness we actually walk in, for it is to this degree shall our rewards be.

Than the truth of the statement will be seen;

“Pursuing righteousness in all things is the pursuit of all good things.”

Be blessed all, for righteousness is that that is free from all disorder, and in God there is no disorder.

In Christ Jesus, Not me

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
. This is that that man lost at the fall, his ability to walk and live in righteousness.

But this is a downgrading of the potential that is in Christ. There were many righteous in the OT. And Jesus didn't come to call the righteous to repentance but into Himself in order to be holy as God is holy...without spot or wrinkle of anything besides holiness.

So then the wicked are called to repentance to righteousness...and from there unto holiness.

But the mission of Jesus was unto holiness. In Him is the eternal kind of life. When we enter into Christ we become as He is in this world and our life is hidden away with God.

As long as people keep short-circuiting the word of God and the gospel this kingdom life that Jesus came to bring us will remain a mystery...and even seem impossible. People would rather aim at something lower...the "low calling in Christ"...something you can do in one's own power.

But Paul was after Christ...to win Christ. Yet how many realize that Paul was after Christ AFTER His being filled with the Spirit?

I think the false doctrines of a "done deal" (one step salvation scheme) have done great harm to they who read the bible...yet don't understand the depth of it's implications.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But this is a downgrading of the potential that is in Christ. There were many righteous in the OT. And Jesus didn't come to call the righteous to repentance but into Himself in order to be holy as God is holy...without spot or wrinkle of anything besides holiness.

So then the wicked are called to repentance to righteousness...and from there unto holiness.

But the mission of Jesus was unto holiness. In Him is the eternal kind of life. When we enter into Christ we become as He is in this world and our life is hidden away with God.

As long as people keep short-circuiting the word of God and the gospel this kingdom life that Jesus came to bring us will remain a mystery...and even seem impossible. People would rather aim at something lower...the "low calling in Christ"...something you can do in one's own power.

But Paul was after Christ...to win Christ. Yet how many realize that Paul was after Christ AFTER His being filled with the Spirit?

I think the false doctrines of a "done deal" (one step salvation scheme) have done great harm to they who read the bible...yet don't understand the depth of it's implications.

Be blessed, as you pursue righteousness in all you do.

In Christ, Not me

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Epi, you remind me of the story of some missionaries who made Christmas gifts for village children. They used beautiful paper and bows and ribbons. The children were overjoyed at their gifts but the missionaries found out that they weren't opening them but were taking them home and sitting them on a shelf to look at and admire for the beauty of the wrapping. They didn't know there was anything inside to be uncovered.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Father in heaven, thank You for those who fear not to speak the truth in love, whether we can recognize’receive it yet, or not. Thank you, Epi for speaking the truth in love to us all on many facets no matter how discomforting...till Christ be formed...

Are we surrendered enough to let go and be shown by another part of the Body of Christ where we are or where we can go and how to get there? Surrender and Trust. Not without pain.

Love the truth, buy it, don’t sell it...also—wisdom, discipline, and discernment.

Just a thought. Luv u Epi and Not me.

...strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, "Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God." Acts 14:22 NASB

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father in heaven, thank You for those who fear not to speak the truth in love, whether we can recognize’receive it yet, or not. Thank you, Epi for speaking the truth in love to us all on many facets no matter how discomforting...till Christ be formed...

Are we surrendered enough to let go and be shown by another part of the Body of Christ where we are or where we can go and how to get there? Surrender and Trust. Not without pain.

Love the truth, buy it, don’t sell it...also—wisdom, discipline, and discernment.

Just a thought. Luv u Epi and Not me.

...strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, "Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God." Acts 14:22 NASB

And thank you Father that one man's fearlessness by Your Spirit brings gain to us so that the whole body can grow stronger until we all attain to the unity of trust.

Reactions: faithfulness