It no longer about salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For months I have being saying, its no longer about salvation, Jesus took care of that 2000 years ago. The other night I was talking to a friend about it. That night I had a dream, I was talking to a man, we where both happy and excited, when another man came up to us and said, " what does John 3:15 say, I told Him I dont know but I do know what John 3:16 says. So her is what it says in context. Had to look it up.

John:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It all taken care of when you believe. Who will be ready when He comes that day truly is drawing near.

There is a reason why Jesus separated the sheep form the Goats, Goats love to butt. Just watch.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For months I have being saying, its no longer about salvation, Jesus took care of that 2000 years ago. The other night I was talking to a friend about it. That night I had a dream, I was talking to a man, we where both happy and excited, when another man came up to us and said, " what does John 3:15 say, I told Him I dont know but I do know what John 3:16 says. So her is what it says in context. Had to look it up.

John:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It all taken care of when you believe. Who will be ready when He comes that day truly is drawing near.

There is a reason why Jesus separated the sheep form the Goats, Goats love to butt. Just watch.
Amen.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's clever ... I like it because it says that only a goat would disagree.

However, is it accurate? You either opened a can of OSAS - or you opened a can of Easy Believism, and by the implied goat agreement, one dare not disagree. Either way, I'd like to see how this progresses.

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: DNB

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For months I have being saying, its no longer about salvation, Jesus took care of that 2000 years ago.
What do you mean that "it is no longer about salvation"? The majority of people on earth are NOT saved, so the preaching of the Gospel today is definitely about salvation. If you are promoting Universalism, then that is false doctrine.

Reactions: Mungo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What do you mean that "it is no longer about salvation"? The majority of people on earth are NOT saved, so the preaching of the Gospel today is definitely about salvation. If you are promoting Universalism, then that is false doctrine.
As I said the goats always add a "but".

Who mentioned "Universalism", teh religious love to add, Sad hing is its the "christians" that love to add burdens to something which is so simple, "believe". Dont you trust Jesus, is teh works not : "It is Finished".

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's clever ... I like it because it says that only a goat would disagree.

However, is it accurate? You either opened a can of OSAS - or you opened a can of Easy Believism, and by the implied goat agreement, one dare not disagree. Either way, I'd like to see how this progresses.

God Bless!
Permanent Rebirth.

Romans 5
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

How reconciled are you?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking he's talking about those who have trusted in Christ and are born again, it's no longer about salvation for them. Now that we are reconciled, rather, now that we have received the reconciliation, it's about living our life in Christ.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Mark, but much disputed as you can see.
Just so.

And I can't help but notice, my question, "How reconciled are you?", it seems to be a thread killer whenever I ask it.

Gee!

Much love!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Excuse me for being contentious, but you almost portrayed salvation and perdition as a light hearted matter.
Nothing has been done that is secured, it continues unto death. Paul and the Apostles struggles had only begun on the day of Pentecost, or the road to Damascus, respectively. Every day is a challenge to either behave in a Christ-like manner (influence others), espouse the Truth (faithful stewards of God's Word), win more souls to Christ, suffer persecution, and most importantly, procure one's own salvation (no OSAS over here).
Yes, you're right, no one is still looking for the Messiah, or are hoping for God's grace, this has been done. The question is, how to obtain it, how to secure it, how to spread it, how to glorify God by apprehending it. This obligation and duty, never ends.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi nice post
Is baptism required for salvation?
Thanks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For us who have placed our trust in His death and resurrection it is a closed subject, but to those who have yet to be harvested in to the Masters Barn, it still remains the big question we must go and share with them.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great commission is given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors I thought not to the people?
Jn 16:13 the HS leads the apostles and they teach the people! The church has authority and therefore hierarchy? Right