It's Christmas time! There you go ....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Christmas is quite a celebration all around the world, isn't it! So let's cheer up. :)

So, how are you preparing for Christmas? What is the Christmas carol you like the most? What is the best way to celebrate Christmas? Who are you sharing the Christmas joy this year? Are you worried about your Christmas present? What are the traditional cakes and bakes at your place? Is it going to be a work day? What is the best Christmas movie in your town? Are you going to make a snowman? Are you sending Christmas cards to everyone you know? Will you decorate your house or church or a community hall or your entire town? Are you planning a trip this Christmas? ...ho ho ho

Luke 2
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqUSsz9sf8E
Angels-many.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqUSsz9sf8E
Wondering why the angels appeared to shepherds only. Any idea from the Bible? :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
imo because the "shepherds" are the analogies of those who can see

but as long as the shepherds are interpreted as being only literal people in a history story, the point will be occluded. So basically iow Shepherds see what others do not. Abel "saw" what Cain did not.

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wondering why the angels appeared to shepherds only. Any idea from the Bible? :)
All things come in parables, as they are a manifestation of what is on high.

Shepherds indicate many things, but mainly, that they should be first to know that their Boss had come: the Shepherd of shepherds.

Reactions: prashanthd

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello there
I like Christmas for family. I must say I am more 'into' Christmas the more it gets kicked by the anti-christians.
Ive always known that Jesus was born in September...and that there were never shepherds or sheep " in the fields" in Israel in December...they were already in the fold for winter.

But, I do stand for the Christian meaning of it. And I love hearing the Christian Hymns sung in malls ( which is getting less and less with all the controls of "political correctness"...which I am NOT!!)

My very favourite movie...and you wont believe this of me.. :D
Is "The Muppets Christmas Carol"...with Michael Caine...I play it every year..and my husband rolls his eyes and leaves the room. :D :D

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anything that gets people to think of Jesus, even just for a moment, is a good thing, and for most its an escape from the drudgeries of life. Feel good time for those who can afford it, feel at a loss for those who cant.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Psalm 148
2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
13 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

While shepherds watched their flocks by night,
All seated on the ground,
The angel of the Lord came down,
And glory shone around.

Thus spake the seraph, and forthwith
Appeared a shining throng
Of angels praising God and thus
Addressed their joyful song:
"All glory be to God on high
And on the earth be peace,
Goodwill henceforth from heaven to men
Begin and never cease. "

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
All things come in parables, as they are a manifestation of what is on high.

Shepherds indicate many things, but mainly, that they should be first to know that their Boss had come: the Shepherd of shepherds.

Thanks ScottA for this post. :)

There were two kinds of people who visited Jesus, when He was born.

I think both of these people were exceptional in their own ways. The wise men crossed borders and even obtained approval of the ruler to search and worship Jesus. I think the shepherds in general, lock their sheep inside a fence and sleep during night. Whereas these shepherds were watching their sheep in the fields during night. After they heard, they hurried to find Jesus.

Matthews 5
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Certainly, the Lord is our shepherd.
Psalm 121
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

All glory to God.

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Proverbs 12
25 Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

Luke 2
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

The first Noel the angels did say
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay:
In fields where they lay keeping their sheep
On a cold winter's night that was so deep.

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel.

Last edited:

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Isaiah 52
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

misletoe-jingleBells.jpg

While shepherds kept their watching
o'er silent flocks by night,
behold, throughout the heavens
There shone a holy light.

document-music-icon-2.png

Singing with enthusiasm.

Singing in a different tune.
candle.png Gift-icon-2.jpg Music-Library-icon-2.png raindeer-smiling-67x64.jpg tree.jpg xmas-ball-purple-3-icon.png guitar-speaker.jpg elve-smiling-82x64.jpg

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on, all our troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the yule-tide gay
From now on, our troubles will be miles away

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus’ birth was foretold by the prophets, acclaimed by the angels, feared by the Politicians, and rejected by the religious leaders of His day. He was born of a virgin in a cattle stall, laid in a feeding trough, and acknowledged as king by the wise men. It is significant to note that the Magi did not see Him as one destined to be king, but as one possessing status as king from His birth.

When reports of the birth of the "king of the Jews" (Matthew 2:2) reached Herod, he tried to kill the potential rival. Scripture tells us Herod ordered all the male children in Bethlehem and in that entire region who were two years old or under to be killed (Matthew 2:16). However, an angel of the

Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him”

(Matthew 2: 13).

What was it about this innocent Child that made Him such a threat to Herod? What prompted the Magi to recognize Him as King of the Jews and to worship Him—a tiny baby? What Child is this that evokes praise from the angels in Heaven when they announced His birth to the shepherds? What Child is this?

He was and is the hope of the downtrodden, the lover of sinners; He was and is, Healer, Deliverer, Redeemer, Savior, and LORD of Lords. He was and is, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. He was and is the Way, The Truth, and The Life. He was crucified to appease the wrath of God; was buried, and after three days rose victoriously from the grave conquering death and Hell. He appeared to His followers, ascended to the right hand of the throne of

God, sent His Holy Spirit to be our comforter, our teacher, and our guide. He is alive forevermore...
Praise Our Glorious Lord! \0/ \0/ \0/

Reactions: 101G and prashanthd