It's for Mike Pence to Judge whether a Presidential Election Was Held at All

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posted to its own thread so that it doesn't get lost in a different thread page after page.
Pray Mike Pence does the right thing. Though it occurred to me just before posting this. What if the dark actors in The Steal planted MP as their Trojan Horse? An agent of the dark side who, as President of the Senate, would secure The Steal in 2020?
And we the people think he's a fine upstanding honorable Christian Republican and patriot. And all along, he isn't. Curious thing when we realize he didn't want to run for a second term.
Come January 6th, we'll find out.
Keep praying. :)

https://www.americanthinker.com/art..._a_presidential_election_was_held_at_all.html

December 26, 2020
It's for Mike Pence to Judge whether a Presidential Election Was Held at All
By Ted Noel
On January 6, a joint session of Congress will open with Vice President Pence presiding as president of the Senate. His power will be plenary and unappealable. You heard that right. As president of the Senate, every objection comes directly to him, and he can rule any objection "out of order" or "denied." His task will be to fulfill his oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and to ensure that the laws be faithfully executed. This is a high standard of performance, and V.P. Pence will have two choices. He can roll over on "certified" electors, or he can uphold the law.

Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution gives state legislatures "plenary authority" as enunciated in Bush v. Gore. This is key, since the counting of votes is discussed in Article II, the 12th Amendment, and 3 USC 15. To this we must add the history of counting and objections recounted by Alexander Macris (here and here). Put bluntly, it's as clear as mud. Add to that the fact that the contested states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, New Mexico, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin have sent dueling slates of electors to D.C. This means that the V.P. has to decide how he will handle the situation when two sealed envelopes are handed to him from any of those states.

Macris points out that in 1800, even with constitutional deficiencies in Georgia, Thomas Jefferson blithely counted defective electoral votes from Georgia, effectively voting himself into the presidency. This demonstrates that the president of the Senate is the final authority on any motions or objections during the vote-counting. There is no appeal. That doesn't mean there won't be any outrage. Whatever Pence does, people will be angry. But what does the law demand?

Seven contested states clearly violated their own laws. Rather than list the facts, which have been detailed in multiple articles, we must consider the following:

An election is a process of counting votes for candidates. Only valid, lawful votes may be counted. A valid lawful vote is:

• Cast by an eligible, properly registered elector as prescribed by laws enacted by the state Legislature.
  • Cast in a timely manner, as prescribed by laws enacted by the state Legislature.
  • Cast in a proper form as prescribed by laws enacted by the state Legislature.
Any process that does not follow these rules is not an election. Anything that proceeds from it cannot be regarded as having any lawful import.

Most commentators suggest that a process of collecting pieces of paper with marks on them is an election regardless of errors, omissions, and even deliberate malfeasance. This is a mistake. Imagine a golf tournament where every bad shot by one player gets a do-over, but the competing player has to follow USGA rules in detail. One player gets to drop freely out of hazards, but the other has to tackle every embedded ball as it lies. The result is a travesty.

The same thing applies to elections. If there are a handful of improper votes, we can suggest that there was in fact an election, perhaps tainted, but the election wasn't materially harmed. But when the people charged with managing the election decide to ignore the law, whatever process they supervise is not the process defined by the law. Therefore, it is not an election.

This leaves V.P. Pence with a dilemma. He is a gentleman who regards our governmental traditions with a degree of reverence, so he will be reluctant to take any bold action. But as an honorable man, faced with massive illegality, he must act to protect the law. Consider how things might go down as the two closed envelopes from Georgia are handed to the V.P. Rather than opening them, he says:

In my hand are envelopes purporting to contain electoral votes from Georgia. They are competing for consideration, so it is essential that I consider the law that governs this. That law, according to the Legislature of Georgia and Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution is the Georgia statute that includes procedures for signature-matching on absentee ballots, a requirement that all absentee ballots be first requested by a legitimate voter, and that election monitors be meaningfully present at all times while votes were counted.

The Georgia secretary of state, who is not empowered by the U.S. Constitution to make changes to election law, entered into a Consent Decree that gutted these protections enacted by the Georgia Legislature. The processes that he prescribed and were ultimately followed were manifestly contrary to that law. Further, the State of Georgia, in unprecedented concert with other states, suspended counting of ballots in the middle of the night, covering its conspiracy with a false claim of a "water main break." We now know from surveillance video that many thousands of "ballots" were counted unlawfully in the absence of legally required observers.

Finally, the State of Georgia, under the authority of secretary of state Brad Raffensperger, a non-legislative actor, used fatally flawed Dominion voting machines that have been demonstrated to be unreliable. In testing, the error rate of Dominion machines has exceeded 60%, far in excess of legal limits. They are designed to facilitate fraud without creating the legally required paper trail. This alone is far more than enough to swing an election.

Since the state of Georgia has failed to follow the election law established by its legislature under Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution, it has not conducted a presidential election. Therefore, no "presidential electors" were appointed in Georgia. Further, "electors" "certified" by non-legislative actors pursuant to this process are in fact not "presidential electors." The competing slate of "electors" is similarly deficient, having not been elected through a presidential election.

Therefore, the chair rules that Georgia has not transmitted the votes of any presidential electors to this body. Georgia presents zero votes for Donald Trump and zero votes for Joseph Biden.

The central point is that the VP, as the presiding officer and final authority, has the unquestionable authority to declare that the states in question have not conducted presidential elections. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth, but no one has the authority to override his decision.

The statement says nothing about who might or might not have "won" the contested states. Rather, by not following their own laws, as enacted by their own legislatures, they have violated Article II, Section 1. Thus, they have not conducted an election, and their results are void.

If the votes of all seven contested states are registered as zero, President Trump will have 232 votes, and Joe Biden will have 222. The 12th Amendment says, "[T]he votes shall then be counted[.] ... The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President[.]"

In plain language, Donald Trump will be re-elected, since he has a majority of the actual electoral votes. There will be no need to involve the House of Representatives to resolve a contingent election.

Richard Nixon chose not to contest the 1960 election because he felt that winning that way would lead to an ungovernable country. If V.P. Pence does this, that same argument might be made. But is the country governable even now? Blue states such as California, Oregon, Washington, New York, New Jersey, and Michigan are already operating in an openly lawless manner with their "emergency" "COVID-related" restrictions. Their denial of the civil rights of law-abiding citizens is horrific. Their refusal to do basic policing and law enforcement is a recipe for open war. How much worse would things be if the V.P. lived up to his oath and upheld the law?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray Mike Pence does the right thing. Though it occurred to me just before posting this. What if the dark actors in The Steal planted MP as their Trojan Horse? An agent of the dark side who, as President of the Senate, would secure The Steal in 2020?
I’ve never seen any good reasons to question Pence’s faith in God. So, I don’t believe he is a plant from the dark side. His reputation as a strong Christian goes way back.

However, I will continue to pray. The more testimonies I hear from poll observers, the more I’m convinced that the irregularities in counting ballots represent a concerted effort to steal this election.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve never seen any good reasons to question Pence’s faith in God. So, I don’t believe he is a plant from the dark side. His reputation as a strong Christian goes way back.

However, I will continue to pray. The more testimonies I hear from poll observers, the more I’m convinced that the irregularities in counting ballots represent a concerted effort to steal this election.
I too have heard nothing but good about Pence. The thought just occurred to me and given the machinations that we know of thus far with regard to The Steal, rightly so. After all, who would ever have thought Biden would "win"?
And The Steal went so far as to put forth something no one would actually believe given Biden is a racist. That he obtained more votes from black voters than did Obama in his first and second election.
That to me seems like one of those little nudges the dark side put out there. As if to say, not only did we steal this election for Biden but we made it appear so ridiculous that you couldn't miss it.
Followed by their Post Script(PS). And what are you gonna do about it?

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Helen and WaterSong

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Snopes - Media Bias Fact Check
The unreliable 'facts' of a fact-checking site
Snopes.com plays fast and loose with the First Amendment and makes Christianity a target

The unreliable ‘facts’ of a fact-checking site

Looks like our new "member" -- Rene Loup -- is here to promote FAKE NEWS and unreliable "fact checkers". He's been attacking American Thinker with blatantly false accusations.

Getting back to Mike Pence, let's hope he does the right thing. What concerns me is (1) why is everyone who knows that the elections were overwhelmingly fraudulent waiting until the last minute, and (2) why is Sidney Powell being treated as a leper by Giuliani and his gang? Powell has just released an explosive 270 page report on the election fraud. I would have expected Trump to present this to the public from the Oval Office while highlighting excerpts from that report. And then appoint Powell as Special Prosecutor since he has made that proposal recently.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then please provide evidence countering mine. It is much wiser to make an effort in verifying sources instead of believing everything on the internet.

Would it be fair to completely discount conservative fact checkers solely because of that factor? If not, why the double standard?

I don't expect any of you to take my posts like these as gospel. It is there if anyone, member or visitor, needs it.
Provide evidence? Does American Thinker give no support for what they say in the article??

Fact checkers are not held to the same journalistic standards as news outlets. Best not to trust them, esp if they lean so far one way or the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: WaterSong

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The problem with media bias is that it is polarized on both sides, Rene. But from what I've seen from the Left, there is no way they would report the unvarnished truth here. If there were a possibility of the election results being overturned, one would be hard pressed to ever find mention of it on anything but a strongly Right-leaning media outlet.

That having been said, the source quoted in the OP seems credible enough to me. Also found this just a minute ago:
CONTINGENT ELECTION: Pence, GOP Senate Can Invalidate Democrat Presidential Electors In AZ, GA, MI, PA, NV

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you wish to continue your agenda with regard to fact checking sites, please start your own thread. Don't continue to attempt to derail mine. Thank you in advance.

Yeah, I agree. My apologies for engaging him on it. It seems to be a means of discrediting anything coming from the Right as unreliable, and he's continuing to post that stuff with utter disregard to anyone's request.

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK.
Media Bias Fact Check: Incompetent or Dishonest? - Just Facts

If you wish to continue your agenda with regard to fact checking sites, please start your own thread. Don't continue to attempt to derail mine. Thank you in advance.
Yeah, I agree. My apologies for engaging him on it. It seems to be a means of discrediting anything coming from the Right as unreliable, and he's continuing to post that stuff with utter disregard to anyone's request.

Yes, my apologies. This went down a rabbit hole I did not intend to create.

Like I said, my fact-checking posts are there if anyone needs it. No one has to agree with me on anything.

Let's carry on the original topic and not allow it to derail any further.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in hearing both sides of the story. If one side and ONLY one side is allowed to speak, that is not news. That is propaganda.[1][2]

1. Definition of PROPAGANDA
  2. propaganda | Definition, History, Techniques, Examples, & Facts

Here's an example:

Now, because I first watched Fox News and (I think) MSNBC's contrasting news stories back in 2013, I am having difficulty finding the latter's news video. So to make due with what I have, I can present these news articles.

Fox's Shameless Misrepresentation Of SNAP Recipients
Media Matters - Media Bias Fact Check

Why SNAP? | Feeding America

Now, if only one of these sides of the argument is allowed to be presented, many of us would assume that all SNAP users are either lazy people abusing the system or are innocent victims who can do no wrong. Neither side is 100% correct, as evidenced by these two contradicting news reports presenting their sides of the argument.

If one truly wants the full story, all sides need to be heard and considered before making any final decisions. I know liberal colleges are often accused of bias and indoctrination by presenting only one side of the issue.[1][2][3] So why fight fire with fire?[4]

1. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ities-are-hotbeds-of-liberalism-theyre-wrong/
  2. Inside Higher Ed - Media Bias Fact Check
  3. Are left-wing American professors indoctrinating their students?
  4. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, Ephesians 4:1-32, Matthew 5:21-26, 5:33-48, 7:1-6, 23:1-12, Romans 12:1-21
You believe in getting “both sides” even if one side is from a source that is shown to be very biased? If I were being perfectly honest, I would say I think you’re a troll stirring up strife.

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You believe in getting “both sides” even if one side is from a source that is shown to be very biased? If I were being perfectly honest, I would say I think you’re a troll stirring up strife.

@WaterSong has given me constructive criticism[1][2] that taught me to diversify my fact-checking sources. I am now going to make an effort to apply his constructive criticism.[3]

1. It's for Mike Pence to Judge whether a Presidential Election Was Held at All
  2. Siege of Whitehouse planned
  3. Romans 13:7, Proverbs 1:1-7, 16:20-30, 19:18-20

Thank you.
Actually, if you would delete the information you posted to derail this thread I believe that would be an excellent measure of contrition on your part.
You can always post those sources in your own thread as it is important to know, as some may not, that there are false reporting entities on the net. Not all facts are as they appear to be. As it stands your posts prior to this one are the only ones that derail the topic.
If you would do that I would very much appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.
God Bless.

Done.

Take care, stay safe, and God bless!

Looks like our new "member" -- Rene Loup -- is here to promote FAKE NEWS and unreliable "fact checkers". He's been attacking American Thinker with blatantly false accusations.

I forgive you for that statement.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: April_Rose

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is what available verification I have on this topic so far.

Again, none of you have to take these as gospel. Just be open to the other side of the debate. Free speech is a two way street.

American Thinker - Media Bias Fact Check

American Thinker Media Bias.jpg

Can Veep Play the ‘Pence Card’ and Reject US Election Results?

Can Veep Play the 'Pence Card' and Reject US Election Results?

Myth Busted.jpg

Fact check: Is the choice of the next U.S. president up to Mike Pence now?

Origin:
Firstly, the claim the text was written by Trump’s lawyer Ellis has been disputed by Ellis herself.

In a Facebook post from her official account on Monday evening, Ellis denied she is the author.

“THIS IS NOT MY STATEMENT. I don’t know where this person got this, but I did not write or share this. DO NOT ACCEPT OR SHARE anything that is not directly from my verified social media or Team Trump Official,” she wrote.

In the comments on her post, a few users said they had seen it shared in the comments section of a Fox News article, while another person claimed the text was first posted on Facebook by a radio station in Colorado.

The radio station did share the text on Facebook and described it as “accurate,” but they didn’t attribute it to Ellis. However, it’s unclear if they did so originally and then deleted the post.

Can Republicans object to the Electoral College vote count?
Yes, members of Congress are allowed to object to the counting of Electoral College votes from a given state.

However, that objection will only be considered if it’s endorsed by a representative of the House and the Senate.

“Any such objection must be presented in writing and must be signed by at least one Senator and one Representative,” the provisions in Title 3, Section 15 of the U.S. Code state.

While it’s possible that an objection could be raised on Jan. 6 by a Republican in Congress, Graham Dodds, who grew up in the U.S. and is a Concordia University professor of political science specializing in American politics, said it’s unlikely a senator will endorse it.

“I think that’s what’s not going to happen. Just yesterday, Sen. Mitch McConnell said, ‘Guys don't do this.’ So it seems that a lot of Republican senators have already said that they won’t,” Dodds said during an interview with CTVNews.ca on Wednesday.

In the case where an objection is raised by a House member and a senator supports it, the House and Senate will vote on it separately.

Who votes in the debate?
The text being shared on social media is incorrect in stating: “the vote in the House will be only be ONE vote per delegation, per state, not per House member.”

According to the 12th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, the House only votes by state delegations to choose the president if no person has received the majority of Electoral College votes.

Before that could happen, however, any objections to Biden’s win must first be voted upon and upheld by both the House and the Senate. In that process, each member of the House, where the Democrats hold the majority, votes.

“I think a Republican will probably raise an objection. I don’t think a senator will, even if the senator did, there’s no way the House would vote to go forward. So no, for multiple reasons, I just don’t see it [the objection] advancing,” Dodds said.

What is Vice-President Mike Pence’s role?
Although Pence, as president of the Senate, would preside over the proceedings on Jan. 6 when the votes are tallied, the role is mostly ceremonial.

Pence will announce the roll call for each of the states so their ballots can be counted, ask if there are any objections against a certain state’s votes being tallied, and if there are, announce if the objection has been sustained. He will also be the one to declare a winner if one candidate receives the majority of the Electoral College votes.

When it comes to his “deciding vote,” as the text on social media states, it only pertains to the debate in the Senate, in which the Republicans already hold the majority and it would not affect the separate vote in the House where the Democrats hold sway.

“In this ceremony, it is the vice-president’s to sort of gavel it into finality, as I say, but he doesn’t have a free hand entirely. I mean there is a process that’s set out,” Dodds said.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what available verification I have on this topic so far.

Again, none of you have to take these as gospel. Just be open to the other side of the debate. Free speech is a two way street.

American Thinker - Media Bias Fact Check

View attachment 12324

Can Veep Play the ‘Pence Card’ and Reject US Election Results?

Can Veep Play the 'Pence Card' and Reject US Election Results?

View attachment 12325

I'm actually one for hearing both sides of an argument, personally. Just understand, we've had members here who actually were trolls for the most part, LoL, so there tends to be an uneasiness about people from the other side of the fence posting on threads like this.

But I was reading the following, and Forbes I generally take to be center-Left. They seem to be in agreement with the sources you cited:
Here's Why Pence Can't Overthrow Biden’s Win (Despite What Trump May Hope)

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm actually one for hearing both sides of an argument, personally. Just understand, we've had members here who actually were trolls for the most part, LoL, so there tends to be an uneasiness about people from the other side of the fence posting on threads like this.

I assure you, I mean no harm. I learned the hard way not to believe everything I read on the internet. Because of this, I encourage everyone else to question what they're reading, do proper research, and make conclusions based on informed decisions.

But I was reading the following, and Forbes I generally take to be center-Left. They seem to be in agreement with the sources you cited:
Here's Why Pence Can't Overthrow Biden’s Win (Despite What Trump May Hope)

None of us win by being right. We win by exchanging ideas, learning from them, and growing in Christ-like character development and wisdom.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the media won't tell you about Jan 6 2021....
This young man did his homework.

I think most media outlets may be assuming it's too complicated for the average American to follow, i.e. that it doesn't make for good sound bite material. I must admit it is a bit of an education trying to make sense of it.