It's late so...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...allow me to ramble. lol

There is no such thing as 'before the beginning'.
You would either have to make way for a new beginning (ad infintum)
or,
You step into eternity, where there is no time, and thus no such thing as 'before'.
As a matter of fact the term 'into eternity' is just as nonsensical, as 'into' implies an 'out of' and thus we enter the realm of 'time and space', another oxymoron in relation to eternity.
Thoughts?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Au contraire, there is a "before" the beginning, and it is called "from everlasting". I will leave you to do the necessary research and then revise your OP accordingly. The same applies "to everlasting".

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Time started when God started it.
As there was a begining to time there cannot be something before time started.
Except for something outside of time and space when speaking from Gods view point it is possible to say before creation etc etc etc.

Reactions: Helen and prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Au contraire, there is a "before" the beginning, and it is called "from everlasting". I will leave you to do the necessary research and then revise your OP accordingly. The same applies "to everlasting".
'Before' implies time, and eternity is timeless.
Revise yours! LOL

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'Before' implies time, and eternity is timeless.
Revise yours! LOL
Once again, you missed the point. "In the beginning" is when time began (Gen 1:1). But everlasting was from everlasting and will be to everlasting, hence outside of time. So kindly revise your OP.

Everlasting--->In the beginning----> Time no more------->Everlasting

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, you missed the point. "In the beginning" is when time began (Gen 1:1). But everlasting was from everlasting and will be to everlasting, hence outside of time. So kindly revise your OP.

Everlasting--->In the beginning----> Time no more------->Everlasting
I originally said, and you quoted, "
Now you are making the case that
"In the beginning" is when time began
...I have no objection to that as that was not my original statement. So put away your sword :)

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beginning of "what"?

Relating that to the Bible, there isn't a verse in the Bible that has the phrase "before the beginning". Now, certaing things may have happened before the beginning of "something" (even before the creation of planet Earth).

There are plenty of things God did "in the beginning" and "from the beginning". There's even "before the foundation of the world".

So, exactly what are we discussing?