• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Temptation is derived from your own lust.

"Lust of the Eye"....is usually the issue.

"I want THAT......no matter WHAT".........

See how the lust has taken over the mind?.....And you will then do it., as what is in your mind is what you are going to do next.

The NT says....>"be in the world but not OF it"....to a Christian....and this is explained as..>"all that is in the world is LUST of the EYE".....ect.

To be "worldly", is to be owned and controlled by your own lust that desires what you SEE which becomes what you think about that decides what you do.

"Temptation" is not sin.....the sin begins when you DWELL on the Temptation, as at that point you have left noticing it, and have entered into the doing it stage.

Jesus said....."if you look at someone, and in your mind you want to have SEX with them"......its the same as doing it, as you have already become engaged with the desire to do it, to pursue it.

Final analysis : Its not wrong to WANT, as we all want.....but its wrong when you want what is wrong for you, as defined by The Law as a SIN or by Paul as a work of the Flesh.

Temptation is the open doorway that leads to sin.
You decide if you go through the door.

Remember that your mind is like a big screen that you are watching.
So, if something comes to the screen that you recognize is LUST< then just change the channel. Change the screen, instantly, as if you dont, you will watch it, and then you will do it.

Temptation is not the problem....its the DWELLING on it, that is the power that will lead you to commit a sin, a work of the flesh.

Change the screen.
Renew your mind.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 2:16 (KJV) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Genesis 3:6 (KJV) And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Reactions: Angelina

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Temptation is derived from your own lust.

"I want THAT......no matter WHAT".........

See how the lust has taken over the mind?.....And you will then do it., as what is in your mind is what you are going to do next.

The NT says....>"be in the world but not OF it"....to a Christian....and this is explained as..>"all that is in the world is LUST of the EYE".....ect.

To be "worldly", is to be owned and controlled by your own lust that desires what you SEE which becomes what you think about that decides what you do.

"Temptation" is not sin.....the sin begins when you DWELL on the Temptation, as at that point you have left noticing it, and have entered into the doing it stage.

Jesus said....."if you look at someone, and in your mind you want to have SEX with them"......its the same as doing it, as you have already become engaged with the desire to do it, to pursue it.

Final analysis : Its not wrong to WANT, as we all want.....but its wrong when you want what is wrong for you, as defined by The Law as a SIN or by Paul as a work of the Flesh.

Temptation is the open doorway that leads to sin.
You decide if you go through the door.

Remember that your mind is like a big screen that you are watching.
So, if something comes to the screen that you recognize is LUST< then just change the channel. Change the screen, instantly, as if you dont, you will watch it, and then you will do it.

Temptation is not the problem....its the DWELLING on it, that is the power that will lead you to commit a sin, a work of the flesh.

Change the screen.
Renew your mind.

The grass is always greener on the side that is watered more :)

2 Corinthians 10:5
"casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, Adam & Eve didn't think of clothing themselves in God's most holy presence, right?
No, actually they were simply not aware of being unclothed as, before they took of the forbidden fruit, it was natural for them to be naked, just like the animals. It was only AFTER they ate the fruit their "eyes were opened" and, they HID from God because they knew they did wrong and from there, humans lost the status they had enjoyed before. Just my take :)

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Didn't Jesus deliver us from the moral law which we chose as Adam & Eve, as per Romans7:6? But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held;
Hebrews 7.12 says the law was changed. Hebrews 7.19 says that what we now have is better than the law.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't Jesus deliver us from the moral law which we chose as Adam & Eve, as per Romans7:6? But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held;
i don't understand it's all a bit gobbledygook to me.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were delivered from the condemnation of the law and it's power to arouse sin. But now, as a believer, you have been delivered from the power of the law to make you sin and condemn you and are now free to uphold it (Romans 3:31).

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, but that's not a license to then not fulfill the law, but rather the freedom to fulfill it.

God does not want you to try to fulfill the law.
He wants you to trust in His Son who has already fulfilled it for you.

And once He does , = (Born Again).....thn Ferris you will become this.., which you are not yet, obviously, and according to your theology

= "Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the Law".

See,.... your "faith", and your theology, is in opposition to the Grace of God, as your entire point of view is......LAW LAW LAW AND MORE LAW.....and That is Anti-Cross,... and Anti-Grace belief., and you need to turn around and take the "gift of Righteousness".... John 3:16

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not want you to try to fulfill the law.
God wants me to obey every commandment summed up in 'love your neighbor as yourself'. I assume you're only capable of understanding obedience as 'trying to justify oneself', right?

He wants you to trust in His Son who has already fulfilled it for you.
Christ only fulfilled 'love your neighbor as yourself' for me in regard to my legal standing with God. But I am the one who actually then loves my neighbor as myself, through the power of the Holy Spirit God has given me.

Reactions: Taken

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once He does , = (Born Again).....thn Ferris you will become this.., which you are not yet, obviously, and according to your theology
I assure you I am 100% born again, lol. My changed life testifies to the presence of the Holy Spirit in me in salvation.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See,.... your "faith", and your theology, is in opposition to the Grace of God, as your entire point of view is......LAW LAW LAW AND MORE LAW...
Don't be goofy. Obedience to God's commands is the SIGN of salvation, not the procurer of it.

"23And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. 24Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God,d and Gode in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us." 1 John 3:23-24
The person who lives for God in a putting off of the flesh, displayed in obedience to God's commandments summed up in 'love your neighbor as yourself' shows they have the circumcision of the heart done by the Spirit in salvation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God wants me to obey every commandment summed up in 'love your neighbor as yourself'. I assume you're only capable of understanding obedience as 'trying to justify oneself', right?

Its a deceived person who believes that they can be accepted by God, based on keeping the law, keeping "Jesus's commandments", or trying to be good all the time.
Can any of that forgive your sin?
It can not, so, when you realize that God accepts you, only based on the Cross and never based on your behavior..., then for you Ferris, that it s 1st day, the 1st second, that you have understood why Jesus died for you, on The Cross.
And when that day comes, if it does, You, Ferris, will stop talking about the Law and commandments, in every post and Thread, and will begin to talk about what Jesus has done for you, which is The Cross.
That day is not here yet, and that is why your endless self saving legalistic rants about the Law and Commandments, keep piling up here on the forum like Dung in a ditch.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...LAW LAW LAW AND MORE LAW.....and That is Anti-Cross,... and Anti-Grace belief., and you need to turn around and take the "gift of Righteousness".... John 3:16
Obedience to God's commandments shows you have the gift of God's righteousness.
Ultimately, no change of life, no increase of obedience to God's commandments shows that a person has not received the free gift of righteousness. People who live righteous lives (not perfect lives, don't even go there) are righteous just as he is righteous. They show that have received His righteousness, just as the unrighteous life shows they have not:

"7 ...let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.
10 ...whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother." 1 John 3:7-10

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, actually they were simply not aware of being unclothed as, before they took of the forbidden fruit, it was natural for them to be naked, just like the animals. It was only AFTER they ate the fruit their "eyes were opened" and, they HID from God because they knew they did wrong and from there, humans lost the status they had enjoyed before. Just my take :)
I truly believe that Adam and Even, being in God's face to face presence every day, were clothed with the glory of God ...like Moses when his face shone so brightly after coming down from the mountain having been in God's presence. The people couldn't look upon his face for the brightness. They had to put a veil over his face. :) Can you imagine the brightness that covered Adam and Eve? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelina

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a deceived person who believes that they can be accepted by God, based on keeping the law, keeping "Jesus's commandment", or trying to be good all the time.
See, here's your problem. You are only capable of hearing the word 'obedience' as 'you trying to save yourself'. You are literally only capable of hearing that one thing. You are clueless to the scriptures I'm posting that say obedience is the proof that a person is righteous in Christ. You can't see them. You are blind, and so you can only understand obedience as the attempt to justify and save oneself.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can any of that forgive your sin?
Why do you hear every single defense of obedience as 'you are trying to earn salvation'?
You don't seem to have any capacity whatsoever to see and understand the scriptures that tell us that obedience is the SIGN of the presence of God's gift of righteousness in a person. The absence of that sign shows that you do not have God's free gift of righteousness in salvation.

Obedience, specifically the obedience of love, is the SIGN that you are forgiven in Christ - Luke 7:47.