It's right to want your kids to be strong, theologically (suggestions?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So, after a lengthy battle in the spirit, to overcome the nonsense of the world, I have come to the faith again and perceive a strength that we should be developing as a body: theological strength. Theological strength, is the idea that you not only have the testimony of Christ, you not only have the example of Christ, you not only have the Word of Christ, but you have an abundance of all these things and more besides. You should be able to create a mindset that is consistently for God in Christ by the Holy Spirit. The sense of this strength is clearest where it is needed: I think theological strength is need in the children of the faith. When people say "yeah, but you were born into the faith" our children should be able to say in reply "yes, I was born into it and what I got was stronger for it". This is quiet confidence in the Lord and it is strength (Isaiah 30:15).

The power of a strong theology is in part that we can keep growing it, through the low and the high seasons of life. We have a good life ahead of us in principle (seventy years), we should be devoting some of that time, to strengthening our faith! Theological strength, should be the aim. That will give us clarity and meaning and understanding, that we can take with us in all our spirited and inspired endeavours. Theological strength is also something that we can share; and coming back to children, something they can attest to and defend among their peers. Jesus said we would be tested with fire and seasoned with salt - let's be tested and seasoned in strength. The Mastery of the Lord will be able to use this, later in life, where our children take on responsibilities in the world, that require them to have an increasingly "faithful" answer.

How can we expect our faith to grow? If we don't work our theological muscle? Theological strength comes with reasoning with God, but it is also something we can nurture through our works and the wisening of our judgment. The Holy Spirit will be able to guide us in this, the moreso that our strength becomes nimble and agile - fit for the purposes which God calls it to. We should be praying this "Lord make my Theological Strength strong, in Your Name Amen". If we have it in our heart, who can bring us down? We will soar with the Heavens, in all that God promised, twice over! Theological strength will come to be theological love and unity in the Church will bless us all. Is this God's gospel? Certainly God's gospel has inspired it!

I hope you find these words in the intention that was meant, and that you are blessed by it.

God bless.

EDIT: Don't forget to pray, for your children's theological strength! In Jesus' Name Amen!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So, after a lengthy battle in the spirit, to overcome the nonsense of the world, I have come to the faith again and perceive a strength that we should be developing as a body: theological strength. Theological strength, is the idea that you not only have the testimony of Christ, you not only have the example of Christ, you not only have the Word of Christ, but you have an abundance of all these things and more besides. You should be able to create a mindset that is consistently for God in Christ by the Holy Spirit. The sense of this strength is clearest where it is needed: I think theological strength is need in the children of the faith. When people say "yeah, but you were born into the faith" our children should be able to say in reply "yes, I was born into it and what I got was stronger for it". This is quiet confidence in the Lord and it is strength (Isaiah 30:15).

The power of a strong theology is in part that we can keep growing it, through the low and the high seasons of life. We have a good life ahead of us in principle (seventy years), we should be devoting some of that time, to strengthening our faith! Theological strength, should be the aim. That will give us clarity and meaning and understanding, that we can take with us in all our spirited and inspired endeavours. Theological strength is also something that we can share; and coming back to children, something they can attest to and defend among their peers. Jesus said we would be tested with fire and seasoned with salt - let's be tested and seasoned in strength. The Mastery of the Lord will be able to use this, later in life, where our children take on responsibilities in the world, that require them to have an increasingly "faithful" answer.

How can we expect our faith to grow? If we don't work our theological muscle? Theological strength comes with reasoning with God, but it is also something we can nurture through our works and the wisening of our judgment. The Holy Spirit will be able to guide us in this, the moreso that our strength becomes nimble and agile - fit for the purposes which God calls it to. We should be praying this "Lord make my Theological Strength strong, in Your Name Amen". If we have it in our heart, who can bring us down? We will soar with the Heavens, in all that God promised, twice over! Theological strength will come to be theological love and unity in the Church will bless us all. Is this God's gospel? Certainly God's gospel has inspired it!

I hope you find these words in the intention that was meant, and that you are blessed by it.

God bless.

EDIT: Don't forget to pray, for your children's theological strength! In Jesus' Name Amen!
Set a good example. Don't overburden them.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

God bless.

One must mature and come to know thyself before they will understand esoteric teachings. Most Christians today barely know how to interpret the bible properly if at all. When it comes to kids we teach them morality.