Ivor here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ivor

Dec 9, 2018
Barnsley
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I'm Ivor and new to this forum... I'm an out of church Christian or non-Christian as some say,.... but that's fine (sticks and stones and all that!) I'll have a read around the posts and comment on a thread if I feel lead to do so.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello I'm Ivor and new to this forum... I'm an out of church Christian or non-Christian as some say,.... but that's fine (sticks and stones and all that!) I'll have a read around the posts and comment on a thread if I feel lead to do so.
Please do and welcome here... :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome old friend. Hopefully you will remember me from that other forum we were both on with other old friends.
Hope to see you around the forum.
Give God the glory!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Ivor and Welcome,

Hope you enjoy your visits and share your beliefs.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Ivor and Welcome,

Hope you enjoy your visits and share your beliefs.

He's my friend , so be nice to him :D

On some things he will agree with you much more than I do.
He has a good sense of humour as you do..I hope that you get on well. After all, you and I get on well, even though on many things we are "chalk and cheese" LOL

Bless you..Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Glad to see that you had a happy landing here :)
Good to have you.

I am sure you have lots of reading to do. I like this format much much better than ProBaoards, I always hated that format.

Bless you. I like the avatar..very nice.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good smile, Ivor. If what Helen says is true that you have a good sense of humor, Praise the Almighty! LoL. We could use a little more of that around here. :)

Blessings in Christ, and welcome to Christianity Board!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen
B

Butterfly

Hi Ivor, well I am an out of church Christian as well, never been called a non Christian because of it though. I do have friends who are ' concerned ' because I am not part of a fellowship though. I am of the opinion that if I am still growing and changing at the end of each year, and if my relationship with the Lord is deeper, well I must be doing something right X
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Ivor, well I am an out of church Christian as well, never been called a non Christian because of it though. I do have friends who are ' concerned ' because I am not part of a fellowship though. I am of the opinion that if I am still growing and changing at the end of each year, and if my relationship with the Lord is deeper, well I must be doing something right X
Rita
Acts 2.42 has a good description of basic activities...(the institutional church sometimes doesn't follow them...)

Reactions: Nancy
B

Butterfly

Farouk, I use to be a member of a church, evangelical and then a baptist- but I started to question all the religion that had crept in , so about five years ago I left the church I was a part of. Its a long story and I don't tend to explain it because I am on my own journey with the Lord and I know that he understands and knows all the reasons ect. Now I work in the care sector and have to work most Sunday's, so trying to be a part of a church fellowship would be difficult.
Right, it's quite late here, better get some sleep X
Rita

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rita
, and you r

Re my bolded...hang on here long enough and you probably will at some point!! But you are wise and probably side step the legalists. :D

Reactions: amadeus
B

Butterfly

, and you r

Re my bolded...hang on here long enough and you probably will at some point!! But you are wise and probably side step the legalists. :D
Yes, I would let it go over my head - the legalist will always judge and find fault, and totally believe they are right. Let's just say I am wiser than I use to be !!!!! Lol

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome Ivor!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2.42 has a good description of basic activities...(the institutional church sometimes doesn't follow them...)

This is my favorite part of Acts @farouk :) Now don't anybody be calling me a commie! LOL. But, really-think about it, commune was the way to go back then...just sayin! ♥

Reactions: Dave L

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I too am an 'out of church' like Ivor , Butterfly and many others...but we are not out of THE Church. :)

@Nancy we could turn this thread into a "church or no church thread. :D
You speak of community...I honestly lived in it for ten years.
Sometime with 100 people in the 70's and then in the 80's anything from 28- down to 8 ...but always with other believers.
I can tell you now...having been shoulder to shoulder with Body members 24/7 does not magically make a person a super spiritual Christian. Or a Christian who has arrived.
It is a wonderful experience, we gave away ALL our possessions in England and arrived here with just a couple of cases of clothes etc.
We have "Had all things common", we had not gathered possessions.

That too, does not a super saint make, either.
@farouk Acts 2:42 can be held up as the goal for "the church"...but how many have lived it...given themselves to prayer, worship and service ?
It is not a magic bullet or a legal requirement, just as well because no one really lives it!!

As has been said before...God could take the children of Israel out of Egypt , but He could not take Egypt out of Israel..they brought it with them.

"We have identified the enemy, and the enemy is us "

xx

Reactions: Dave L and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I too am an 'out of church' like Ivor , Butterfly and many others...but we are not out of THE Church. :)

@Nancy we could turn this thread into a "church or no church thread. :D
You speak of community...I honestly lived in it for ten years.
Sometime with 100 people in the 70's and then in the 80's anything from 28- down to 8 ...but always with other believers.
I can tell you now...having been shoulder to shoulder with Body members 24/7 does not magically make a person a super spiritual Christian. Or a Christian who has arrived.
It is a wonderful experience, we gave away ALL our possessions in England and arrived here with just a couple of cases of clothes etc.
We have "Had all things common", we had not gathered possessions.

That too, does not a super saint make, either.
@farouk Acts 2:42 can be held up as the goal for "the church"...but how many have lived it...given themselves to prayer, worship and service ?
It is not a magic bullet or a legal requirement, just as well because no one really lives it!!

As has been said before...God could take the children of Israel out of Egypt , but He could not take Egypt out of Israel..they brought it with them.

"We have identified the enemy, and the enemy is us "

xx[/QUOTE

How I would have loved that experience.
"...does not magically make a person a super spiritual Christian" Ha! If only...back in the days of Act's, I suppose it was out of necessity/security? I can see that kind of Christian living (necessity) in the future possibly.
""We have identified the enemy, and the enemy is us " <---Usually does seem to be the case...allot! ♥

"we could turn this thread into a "church or no church thread. :D" Sounds like a winner :)

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi; good to see you. It's really good and important to keep reading the Bible to find blessing there for the undeserving.

I certainly don't deserve blessings in Christ, but I found them, wonderfully.

Reactions: Nancy and Dave L

Ivor

Dec 9, 2018
Barnsley
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No! ,, you like
And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and attending a building for 2 hours on a Sunday morning, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Fellowship can be anytime that two or more are gathered at any day and any time of the day and with any of the brethren.. denomination is just a label ....others are either brethren or not. The scripture is better read as its written
And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Thank you for the nice welcome by the way

Last edited: