Jacob the father of Joseph

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just before I go to sleep, I learnt something interesting just now, just from reading the genealogies at the start of the book of Matthew.

We know how Jacob was the father of Joseph governor of Egypt in the book of Genesis.

Well another Jacob was also the father of Joseph husband of Mary, the mother of Jesus.

I am just wowed by finding this out haha.

And I guess it was no coincidence because Jacob later on was given the name Israel in the book of Genesis, Jacob father of Joseph in the New Testament was kind of symbolic.

Anyway something interesting I learnt, anyway goodnight..

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, ......... GREAT TOPIC,
Just before I go to sleep, I learnt something interesting just now, just from reading the genealogies at the start of the book of Matthew.

We know how Jacob was the father of Joseph governor of Egypt in the book of Genesis.

Well another Jacob was also the father of Joseph husband of Mary, the mother of Jesus.

I am just wowed by finding this out haha.

And I guess it was no coincidence because Jacob later on was given the name Israel in the book of Genesis, Jacob father of Joseph in the New Testament was kind of symbolic.

Anyway something interesting I learnt, anyway goodnight..
Great spot, if you don't mind, I had this same kind of revelation also. only with me it was in the DAYTIME. God do this with a lot with names, (having a message in people name), as in the case of John the Baptist parents.
Remember, just before the messiah came, there was a period of time when there was not a word from God. but watch what he did in the names of John parents.

John father name, Zacharias, meaning, "God has remembered". in Hebrew, H2148 זְכַריָה ZkarYah (zek-ar-yaw')

John's mother name, Elisabeth, meaning, " God of (the) oath". in Hebrew, H472 אֱלִישֶׁבַע 'Eliysheba` (el-ee-sheh'-ɓah)

Now if we put these name together, we get..... "God has remembered his oath". when there was a period of time when there was not a word form God, and it appeared no hope, God speaks. and what was that? John's father spoke by the Holy Spirit, listen

Luke 1:67 "And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,"
Luke 1:68 "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,"
Luke 1:69 "And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;"
Luke 1:70 "As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:"
Luke 1:71 "That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;"
Luke 1:72 "To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;"
Luke 1:73 "The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,"
Luke 1:74 "That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,"
Luke 1:75 "In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life."

what was this "OATH"? that he, (God), sware to our father Abraham? "Hebrews 6:13 "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,"
Hebrews 6:14 "Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee." WHERE WAS THIS AT?

Genesis 22:15 "And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,"
Genesis 22:16 "And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:"
Genesis 22:17 "That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;"
Genesis 22:18 "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice."

Genesis 22:16 "And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:" Josho, that same Son that you said, "Joseph governor of Egypt", well the "GOVERNOR" who is the, "SON", is coming, proclaiming by his forerunner. so who is this "GOVERNOR" of the World, scripture, Matthew 2:3 "When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him."
Matthew 2:4 "And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born."
Matthew 2:5 "And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,"
Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel."

now here's the clencher Josho, the "GOVERNOR" is God himself in FLESH... Psalms 22:28 "For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations." BINGO.

just in the NAME'S of John's parents alone, God, after a long period of time there was no word from him, but now, HE SPEAKS. in the clear understanding of two people Name's, God, REMEMBERED his PEOPLE... because in the Name's of Zacharias, and Elisabeth... God "REMEMBER" his "OATH". ain't that something.

so through the forerunner of the Christ, in John's Parents names, God SPEAKS to all of US..... bless be the Name of the Lord.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"