James the Apostle of Doubt

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS not only rejects being justified by works, but they go a step further and accuse any who believes James to be justified by works, as being a doubting Thomas.

Here's how it goes: they say that whoever commands works to be justified by God, and not by faith alone, is demanding to see Jesus in the flesh, in order to believe He is resurrected from the dead.

And so, those who believe Jesus must be seen physically by works, in order to have been received Spiritually within, they are a doubting Thomas: like James, they refuse to believe the resurrection of Christ within us, without seeing His righteousness done in the flesh.

I thought this was pretty neat, when I finally learned what the guy was getting at. I must confess, at first I simply could not comprehend how he went from James' being justified by works, to Thomas' doubting the resurrection without seeing Jesus physically.

And so, if we believe James as written, then we become a doubting Thomas, but if we doubt James as written, we become OSAS believers.

Like the jehovah worshippers, OSAS definitely does not lack for inventive means of twisting Scripture to believe what they want.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And so, if we believe James as written, then we become a doubting Thomas, but if we doubt James as written, we become OSAS believers.
What kind of gobbledegook is this? If we believe James as written it simply means that those who have truly believed will produce good works (Eph 2:8-10). There is no need to complicate and confuse. James says nothing about the eternal security of the believer. Simply that genuine faith produces genuine works.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of gobbledegook is this? If we believe James as written it simply means that those who have truly believed will produce good works (Eph 2:8-10). There is no need to complicate and confuse. James says nothing about the eternal security of the believer. Simply that genuine faith produces genuine works.
I made it clear, this gobbledygook is from an OSAS spiritual guru, who compares James with doubting Thomas, because he writes that we are not saved by faith alone, but are justified by works.

There's more to come, because that same guru is spilling all the beans of the deep things of OSAS.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prolly pertinent to note that this “doubting Thomas” thing is a human perception; Thomas was told by Jesus to not be believing anyone who said “Here He is; come see,” The amazing name Thomas: meaning and etymology
That is an interesting take; however, Thomas was rebuked for needing to see Jesus physically, before believing in His resurrection.

He was actually falling into the snare of needing to come and see him, because he is over here.

I suppose we could say, he at least refused to go here or there to see a christ in the flesh, by demanding the true Christ to do all the travelling Himself to where Thomas was.:)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS not only rejects being justified by works, but they go a step further and accuse any who believes James to be justified by works, as being a doubting Thomas.

Here's how it goes: they say that whoever commands works to be justified by God, and not by faith alone, is demanding to see Jesus in the flesh, in order to believe He is resurrected from the dead.

And so, those who believe Jesus must be seen physically by works, in order to have been received Spiritually within, they are a doubting Thomas: like James, they refuse to believe the resurrection of Christ within us, without seeing His righteousness done in the flesh.

I thought this was pretty neat, when I finally learned what the guy was getting at. I must confess, at first I simply could not comprehend how he went from James' being justified by works, to Thomas' doubting the resurrection without seeing Jesus physically.

Like the jehovah worshippers, OSAS definitely does not lack for inventive means of twisting Scripture to believe what they want.

Like you, when I read the title of your post, Thomas came to mind, not James. But I see how you applied it sir, and understand. James, Jesus' brother perhaps at one time had doubts, as he was not recorded as serving God until after Jesus' death, however he certainly became a disciple so privileged to have penned part of God's Words to us.

Yes as you have posted in other threads, works are paramount to Christianity, Jesus being our exemplar, worked very hard, and instructed us on how to do our assignment he personally gave us. He gave parables about those who are lazy in the faith, and their outcome. I salute you for commenting on a topic that many simply believe is false. satan is very good at what he does, and has been very successful in promoting that salvation comes from belief in Jesus alone.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is an interesting take; however, Thomas was rebuked for needing to see Jesus physically, before believing in His resurrection.

He was actually falling into the snare of needing to come and see him, because he is over here.

I suppose we could say, he at least refused to go here or there to see a christ in the flesh, by demanding the true Christ to do all the travelling Himself to where Thomas was.:)
well, Christ didn’t rebuke him tho

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick Even so my friend... to say it is a good thing, I so believe, but who will then also hear and understand it?

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works" James 2:17-18

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out." John 10:3

Give God the glory!