JaneDoe's "What I believe"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prompted by other discussion on this forum, I'm posting a "What I believe" post. I've done these in the past, but it's always good to share one's love of Christ over and over again :) And yes, I'm a "Mormon".

1) I believe in Jesus Christ the divine Son of God & Savior of the World. MY Savior. He pulled me out of the darkness I felt so strongly as child and continues to light my way as the decades roll onward. He saves me from my own sins and screw ups, and those of others, though of course it's not always a smooth cruise line. Jesus Christ is my rock, the foundation of my entire world, without Him I am nothing.

2) I believe in the the Holy Spirit. He, also a divine person, enlightens the hearts of men, including my own. It is through His testimony that any of us are able to understand the slightest things of God and know His Truth. I believe enthusiastically that God still teaches and reveals His mysteries to each of us individual and to the whole world.

3) I also believe in God the Father. He is the master planner, all knowing, and so incredibly merciful & just. He just amazes me.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Can you explain the Mormon's Theology regarding how Satan and Jesus are family related?

Can you explain the Mormon's Theology regarding how a "soul" is created by God ?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4) I believe in scripture & revelation. God speaks to man in the past, present, and will always continue to do so. Scripture provides past words of God and the Holy Spirit guides our understanding of them. I also believe that God continues to reveal His mysteries just like in the past. Scripture is not closed/done.

5) I believe that salvation comes through Christ & faith in Him. This saving faith is not a shallow "yeah, sure I believe", but a deep transformation of the entire person-- the old you dying and being born anew. Giving one's entire self and everything about you to Christ. It's a lifetime+ journey as we continue to grow & follow Him. Obviously we stumble along the way, and He helps us back up again and again like Peter's stumbles walking on water.

6) I do believe that denominations matter, but you are not saved according to where your butt sits Sunday morning or your ability to ace a theology test. I myself to believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His one true Church on the earth today, but that doesn't mean other folks aren't Christians too-- I've seen many marvelous Christian lives across so many denominations. I've also seen bad apples in all of those denominations (including my own)-- those folks mouth's proclaim Christ but their hearts are far from Him.

7) We all have work to do sharing God's love. Sharing it to the lost-- those whom don't know Christ at all and those bad apples sitting in pews on Sunday. And to those whom aren't lost at all, but simply can use a reminder and strengthening in the Lord (which is everyone). We all have so much to learn & grow in Him.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain the Mormon's Theology regarding how Satan and Jesus are family related?

Can you explain the Mormon's Theology regarding how a "soul" is created by God ?
I'm going to answer this directly, because there is so much just false information out there, especially spread by "anti-cult ministries" (gag).

Heavenly Father is the Father of every single person. Me, you, Mother Teresa, Elvis, Hitler, Cain, Abel, etc. So everyone is technically spiritual siblings. This doesn't anyone automatically better or worse: Cain and Abel are just two of many examples of how siblings can go in very opposite directions. No two were more opposite than Jesus Christ (the only Begotten divine perfect Son of God) and Lucifer (whom led a rebellion against the Father and was cast out).

Reactions: Wrangler

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Can you explain the Mormon's Theology regarding how a "soul" is created by God ?[/QUOTE
Please remember this is a testimonial thread x

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please remember this is a testimonial thread
If @Behold or anyone else would like clarification on what actual LDS Christian beliefs, feel free to PM me. I’m not interested in prostylizeong, giving or receiving. I just clarify what my actual beleifs are and am happy to hear what other folks beliefs are- hence me being on a forum with so many diverse people :)

Reactions: Wrangler and Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Believe ~

All earthlings have Freewill to choose their Beliefs, and choose whom they will or will not Serve.

Lord the Son
God the Father
Almighty Spirit

ARE ONE Lord God Almighty.

I believe from ancient days, otherwise the Beginning of man-KIND, God taught men, bit by bit, little by little, His Knowledge.
I believe that same method, continues for every newborn child to experience, (as so desired), by the child’s parents, or not, and once an individual is an adult, (again according to their own freewill).

I was naturally born in what Jesus called, these last days.
These last days, has revealed an exponential amount of Gods Knowledge, coupled with an extraordinary Offer to ALL men living for the past two thousand years, that Any man-KIND of thing, has option to Freely hear, learn, choose to accept Gods Offering, or not.

I heard, I read, I learned of this extraordinary Offering, and elected to Believe, elected to Receive Gods gift of Faith, elected to Be included in Receiving Gods Offering, and thus included myself, according to Gods Order and Way to Receive His Offering.
Jesus called this Offering A Conversion.

I gave my body unto death, received Salvation of my soul, received Quickening of my spirit, am a standing member of Christ’ Church, Forgiven my Sins, Sin no more, thus prepared to:
Meet my Lord, when, at some unknown hour, His angel summons me to meet my Lord, see Him, as He is.

Meantime - as my earthly body walks about, That body is prepared to do works that Glorifies God. Works that accomplish Glorifying God, are treasures stored in Heaven, and shall be received later as rewards. Works that fail to Glorify God, shall be burned along with all other earthly things that did not Glorify God.

All y’all that love your homes, cars, jobs, money, jewelry, clothing, sports, pharmakia, trinkets, blah, blah, blah... pretty much, trust that is going to the burn pile.

Pretty straight forward. Expressly Converted “IN” Christ.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Jane_Doe22 and Rita

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Believe ~

All earthlings have Freewill to choose their Beliefs, and choose whom they will or will not Serve.

Lord the Son
God the Father
Almighty Spirit

ARE ONE Lord God Almighty.

I believe from ancient days, otherwise the Beginning of man-KIND, God taught men, bit by bit, little by little, His Knowledge.
I believe that same method, continues for every newborn child to experience, (as so desired), by the child’s parents, or not, and once an individual is an adult, (again according to their own freewill).

I was naturally born in what Jesus called, these last days.
These last days, has revealed an exponential amount of Gods Knowledge, coupled with an extraordinary Offer to ALL men living for the past two thousand years, that Any man-KIND of thing, has option to Freely hear, learn, choose to accept Gods Offering, or not.

I heard, I read, I learned of this extraordinary Offering, and elected to Believe, elected to Receive Gods gift of Faith, elected to Be included in Receiving Gods Offering, and thus included myself, according to Gods Order and Way to Receive His Offering.
Jesus called this Offering A Conversion.

I gave my body unto death, received Salvation of my soul, received Quickening of my spirit, am a standing member of Christ’ Church, Forgiven my Sins, Sin no more, thus prepared to:
Meet my Lord, when, at some unknown hour, His angel summons me to meet my Lord, see Him, as He is.

Meantime - as my earthly body walks about, That body is prepared to do works that Glorifies God. Works that accomplish Glorifying God, are treasures stored in Heaven, and shall be received later as rewards. Works that fail to Glorify God, shall be burned along with all other earthly things that did not Glorify God.

All y’all that love your homes, cars, jobs, money, jewelry, clothing, sports, pharmakia, trinkets, blah, blah, blah... pretty much, trust that is going to the burn pile.

Pretty straight forward. Expressly Converted “IN” Christ.

Glory to God,
Taken
Wonderfully said!

Free will and the importance of putting God first are also huge theological points for me.

Reactions: Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Heavenly Father is the Father of every single person. .

I was not trying to "hi-jack" your Thread, as someone stated.
I actually dont notice what "part" of the Forum, a Thread is posted on.
I read the title, then i post or avoid.

So, i wont continue to respond to your most recent Mormon Testimony Page, other then to respond to your post that me.

Jane_Doe22..... You stated that God is the Father of everyone.
But that is not the case, as that is not True.
God is NOT the "Father" of the unbelievers, = the Christ Rejectors.
God is ONLY The Father of the Born again, the Believers, the "new Creations in Christ".

-Shalom

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen and Amen!
People have the right to believe as they do and be respected. And I personally really enjoy hearing other people’s telling about their beleifs/journeys. It greatly helps me understand and love that person.

Note: none of this means I’m “it doesn’t matter what you believe, it all comes out in the wash, komba-ya”. Not remotely! I very much believe that theology matters a ton. Some folks have very well reasoned and truthful beliefs, while others…. Not so much. But regardless: all people should be treated with respect.

Reactions: Wrangler and marks

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not trying to "hi-jack" your Thread, as someone stated.
I actually dont notice what "part" of the Forum, a Thread is posted on.
I read the title, then i post or avoid.

So, i wont continue to respond to your most recent Mormon Testimony Page, other then to respond to your post that me.

Jane_Doe22..... You stated that God is the Father of everyone.
But that is not the case, as that is not True.
God is NOT the "Father" of the unbelievers, = the Christ Rejectors.
God is ONLY The Father of the Born again, the Believers, the "new Creations in Christ".

-Shalom
This is a hijack, so I’m going to respond via PM.

Reactions: marks

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to answer this directly, because there is so much just false information out there, especially spread by "anti-cult ministries" (gag).

Heavenly Father is the Father of every single person. Me, you, Mother Teresa, Elvis, Hitler, Cain, Abel, etc. So everyone is technically spiritual siblings. This doesn't anyone automatically better or worse: Cain and Abel are just two of many examples of how siblings can go in very opposite directions. No two were more opposite than Jesus Christ (the only Begotten divine perfect Son of God) and Lucifer (whom led a rebellion against the Father and was cast out).
Jesus and satan have no family relation. Jesus is GOD. He is Creator, not created. Not so with satan. He is neither God, nor Creator. He (satan) is not self-existent. He was created.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and satan have no family relation. Jesus is GOD. He is Creator, not created. Not so with satan. He is neither God, nor Creator.
Also responding to this via PM because I would like to keep this focused on my testimony of Christ, the Son of God. Versus getting derailed to talking about the devil.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and satan have no family relation. Jesus is GOD. He is Creator, not created. Not so with satan. He is neither God, nor Creator. He (satan) is not self-existent. He was created.
Also not everyone is a spiritual sibling . Only THOSE IN JESUS CHRIST are spiritual family .
Either one is of satan or of Christ . Ye must be born again . Yes indeed dear sister .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A foundation of studying: how to know something is True? Ask God, the source of all Truth. The Holy Spirit of His Truth, and is the source of the highest quality testimony.

I personally do NOT accept “the Bible says it’s true so is must be true”. No.

Instead a far better approach is “The Spirit of God testifies to me that the Bible is True and the Bible states…”. The foundation of things is that testimony received from God.

What if you’re not sure that you’re understanding a passage of scripture correctly? Ask God! Don’t just nod because somebody explained it to you this way.

And of course, think things through with diligent study & prayer.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men of God: I do believe God calls men to be His servants and help lead His people, both globally and for small local areas. (Note: I’m using “men” here in the collective sense “human” which includes women). A disciple of Christ isnt supposed to be alone, but we are supposed to fellowship and support each other.

How to tell is a man is of God? Ask God of course! God gives the credentials.

If a man is of God, then they can help you on your journey. But they never replace the Savior or your relationship with Him (not remotely in any way!). And a man of God is still a man and falliable.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing you won’t here me talk about a lot: Joseph Smith. I do believe that he was a man of God (a prophet), but obviously not God Himself. Joseph Smith still had flaws and did make mistakes. Nor do I believe anything “because Joseph Smith said so!”- that’s not well thought out epistemology. Joseph Smith is not my Savior nor foundation.

Jesus Christ, the only Begotten Son of God, is my Savior and foundation. He alone is my king.