Jehovah witness and by default Bible Students

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Crying out loud man..give it a break.
Do you have nothing better to share except pointing at other people.

How is your own walk brother...you better be perfect if all you can do is trying to expose others and pull them down.

I think you are one of the most un-christ-like people I have yet to see.

"Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone. "

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crying out loud man..give it a break.
Do you have nothing better to share except pointing at other people.

How is your own walk brother...you better be perfect if all you can do is trying to expose others and pull them down.

I think you are one of the most un-christ-like people I have yet to see.

Neither Jesus or the apostles condoned false religion.

"Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone. "

Then why don't you go hug a radical Muslim in Syria. See if they hug back.

Call them a brother in Christ if you could do so straight face.

It's sad you are defending Cults by attacking born-again Christians.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then why don't you go hug a radical Muslim in Syria. See if they hug back.

Call them a brother in Christ if you could do so straight face.

It's sad you are defending Cults by attacking born-again Christians.

But why, when we here are mostly all not only older in years , but also older by many Christian decades , do you feel that we are all so ignorant , unlearned , and uneducated on “cults “?
Why , when there are so many things that we ‘could’ be discussing , do you feel these kind of threads are what we all “need?” o_O

You insult us by presuming that we dont already KNOW these things , and have studied up on them in our younger Christian years .

Reactions: Nancy
B

Butterfly

But why, when we here are mostly all not only older in years , but also older by many Christian decades , do you feel that we are all so ignorant , unlearned , and uneducated on “cults “?
Why , when there are so many things that we ‘could’ be discussing , do you feel these kind of threads are what we all “need?” o_O

You insult us by presuming that we dont already KNOW these things , and have studied up on them in our younger Christian years .
I had exactly the same thoughts as I saw your response last night x

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see members of those cults on this forum trying to convert others.

I see others that are genuinely uninformed.

So many other things we could be discussing? Like what that we are not discussing?

So if you know all these already that means you are accepting them as Christian when they are not. Not a good testimony to others.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see members of those cults on this forum trying to convert others.

I see others that are genuinely uninformed.

So many other things we could be discussing? Like what that we are not discussing?

So if you know all these already that means you are accepting them as Christian when they are not. Not a good testimony to others.

Two points.
take up with the management of this forum that members of JW, mormons, sda etc post on this forum without identifing themselves as belonging to these groups.

2nd, if they are posting there false teaching, challenge them.
In permiting a weaker brethern to be disived and by not saying anything on that thread you are as guilty as the deciver.

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two points.
take up with the management of this forum that members of JW, mormons, sda etc post on this forum without identifing themselves as belonging to these groups.

2nd, if they are posting there false teaching, challenge them.
In permiting a weaker brethern to be disived and by not saying anything on that thread you are as guilty as the deciver.

They identify myself admission or by revealing themselves by what they post.

When have you seen me fail to challenge?

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

Just to make something clear, just because I can share space with others does not mean that I agree with their theology, beliefs ect - it merely means I have the capability of allowing communication to exist and are quite happy to ' be in the same place '
Perhaps it might be better to look upon the forum as a massive coffee shop, a meeting place, rather than a church that dictates who should be allowed to sit on the seats and be there !
Rita

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to make something clear, just because I can share space with others does not mean that I agree with their theology, beliefs ect - it merely means I have the capability of allowing communication to exist and are quite happy to ' be in the same place '
Perhaps it might be better to look upon the forum as a massive coffee shop, a meeting place, rather than a church that dictates who should be allowed to sit on the seats and be there !
Rita
All of us, until God has lifted us up belong on the very bottom... if we have a place at all. We were all dead and to presume we are better than a Mormon or a JW or a Catholic or a Muslim or a Methodist or a Baptist or a Pentecostal or a devil is very simply presumptuous on our part.

Give God the glory, not me for my knowledge or anyone else because we are not part of what we have defined a cult without God. Let God do the defining and the lifting and... if need be... the diminishing.

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of us, until God has lifted us up belong on the very bottom... if we have a place at all. We were all dead and to presume we are better than a Mormon or a JW or a Catholic or a Muslim or a Methodist or a Baptist or a Pentecostal or a devil is very simply presumptuous on our part.

Give God the glory, not me for my knowledge or anyone else because we are not part of what we have defined a cult without God. Let God do the defining and the lifting and... if need be... the diminishing.

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32

As human beings no we are not better.

But as born again we are far superior. We have Christ, they do not.

Our job to get them to join us, not to support and embrace them in their sin.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As human beings no we are not better.
On this we agree...

But as born again we are far superior. We have Christ, they do not.
We almost certainly have a different idea of what it means to have Christ and to be born again. Going through all the details will not change these differences as God alone gives any real increase. Ultimately what matters is the way we walk toward God. It must always be directed by Him.
Our job to get them to join us, not to support and embrace them in their sin.
God's desire would be I believe for all men to join Him rather than me or you or us. Our job is that to which we are called according to our function as a part of the Body of Christ. Not every calling is the same.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On this we agree...

We almost certainly have a different idea of what it means to have Christ and to be born again. Going through all the details will not change these differences as God alone gives any real increase. Ultimately what matters is the way we walk toward God. It must always be directed by Him.

God's desire would be I believe for all men to join Him rather than me or you or us. Our job is that to which we are called according to our function as a part of the Body of Christ. Not every calling is the same.

There are many functions in the body of Christ. Cults are not the body of Christ.

They have different Christs, gods and salvation.

God tells us to believe in him as he tells us he his is. Not to believe in what we decide he should be.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many functions in the body of Christ. Cults are not the body of Christ.
Many years ago I became convicted that many of the groups many supposedly Christian groups called cults were no worse than some of those applying the designation to them... at least as far as I could see. Really one thing that Jesus made clear to me by his words in scripture is that there is no majority rule in the kingdom of God. The smaller groups are often wrong but not necessarily more often than the larger groups. With which sect of the follower of God through Moses did Jesus align himself during the years of his 3½ ministry on planet Earth 2000 years ago? That is the one with which I wish to also be aligned now.

They have different Christs, gods and salvation.
Do they? And which group or groups [church organizations if you prefer] have such a exacting flawless definition of God and of Jesus to be able to make this definite declaration?

God tells us to believe in him as he tells us he his is. Not to believe in what we decide he should be.
I don't try to decide what he should be. I leave that to others who seemingly believe that they really know what and who he is. Anyone who really does could correctly decide that certain groups are cults as per your definition, but I don't believe that there is any group capable of correctly making such decisions. To me it was people who would dare make such decision to which Jesus addressed these words:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matt 7:1-5

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago I became convicted that many of the groups many supposedly Christian groups called cults were no worse than some of those applying the designation to them... at least as far as I could see. Really one thing that Jesus made clear to me by his words in scripture is that there is no majority rule in the kingdom of God. The smaller groups are often wrong but not necessarily more often than the larger groups. With which sect of the follower of God through Moses did Jesus align himself during the years of his 3½ ministry on planet Earth 2000 years ago? That is the one with which I wish to also be aligned now.

Do they? And which group or groups [church organizations is you will] have such a exacting flawless definition of God and of Jesus to be able to make this definite declaration?

I don't try to decide what he should be. I leave that to others who seemingly believe that they really know what and who he is. Anyone who really does could correctly decide that certain groups are cults as per your definition, but I don't believe that there is any group capable of correctly making such decisions. To me it was people who would dare make such decision to which Jesus addressed these words:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matt 7:1-5
2 Corinthians 11 New International Version (NIV)
Paul and the False Apostles
11 I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me! 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

The Bible does not agree with you.

You need to rethink your position.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 11 New International Version (NIV)
Paul and the False Apostles
11 I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me! 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

The Bible does not agree with you.

You need to rethink your position.
Rethink? Did I think myself to where I am or was I led? Did I find it myself or did I simply follow the One who leads those who follow toward His Face?

Jesus knows His wife or bride to be, but how well does she know him? Are there any or even many who expect to be a part of her, that are not even really a part? I grant readily that there may be a number who are simply still on milk but they are drinking their milk and before their end they will also be on the meat!

"But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." John 4:32-34

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rethink? Did I think myself to where I am or was I led? Did I find it myself or did I simply follow the One who leads those who follow toward His Face?

Jesus knows His wife or bride to be, but how well does she know him? Are there any or even many who expect to be a part of her, that are not even really a part? I grant readily that there may be a number who are simply still on milk but they are drinking their milk and before their end they will also be on the meat!

"But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." John 4:32-34

And how do you know you were led by the Holy Spirit and not your own desire or demon.

Have you actually tested it against the Scriptures? No, you have not.