Jerry Falwell, Jr. takes indefinite leave of absence from Liberty University

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerry Falwell Jr. will take ‘indefinite leave of absence’ from Liberty University after viral photo
viral photo that showed him vacationing on a yacht with his pants unzipped, holding a beverage, and with his arm around a woman.

And Liberty.edu confirms the news posted today, “The Executive Committee of Liberty University’s Board of Trustees, acting on behalf of the full Board, met today and requested that Jerry Falwell, Jr. take an indefinite leave of absence from his roles as President and Chancellor of Liberty University, to which he has agreed, effective immediately.” - Important Announcement Regarding LU Leadership | Liberty University

Terrible news!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerry Falwell Jr. will take ‘indefinite leave of absence’ from Liberty University after viral photo
viral photo that showed him vacationing on a yacht with his pants unzipped, holding a beverage, and with his arm around a woman.

And Liberty.edu confirms the news posted today, “The Executive Committee of Liberty University’s Board of Trustees, acting on behalf of the full Board, met today and requested that Jerry Falwell, Jr. take an indefinite leave of absence from his roles as President and Chancellor of Liberty University, to which he has agreed, effective immediately.” - Important Announcement Regarding LU Leadership | Liberty University

Terrible news!
He is just showing the students what they are missing!;)

Reactions: bukka

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Terrible news!

I can only guess he wanted to be given a leave of absence by taking a photo like that (photo must be clicked).

https://twitter.com/RobDownenChron/status/1290134409757130754/photo/1

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Photo taken - Sunday 8/2/2020 (on a yacht of all places)
Jerry JR ousted - Friday 8/7/2020

Prayers for the Thomas Road Baptist Church and Liberty University

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he should resign permanently... it is the right thing to do just bow out gracefully .he would suspend a student after seeing the photo he should resign immediately

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly, Jerry Falwell Jr. and Liberty University needs our prayers. But isn't this what we should expect from him and them?

If a person or an institution fornicates the meaning of the Christian faith, shouldn't that same person or institution end up, eventually, in sexual fornication? Liberty University, under Jerry Falwell Jr. leadership created a movie based upon the false Mark Taylor prophecy.

From Left to Right

FULL TEXT of Mark Taylor's April 28, 2011 Commander in Chief Prophecy:

[1]"The Spirit of God says I've chosen this man Donald Trump for such a time as this. [2]For as Benjamin Netanyahu is to Israel, so shall this man be to the United States of America, for I will use this man to bring honor, respect and restoration to America.

[3]America will be respected once again as the most powerful, prosperous nation on Earth other than Israel. [4]The dollar will be the strongest it has ever been in the history of the United States and will once again be the currency by which all others are judged.

[5]The Spirit of God says the enemy will quake and shake and fear this man I have anointed. [6]They will even quake and shake when he announces he is running for President. [7]It will be like the shot heard across the world.

[8]Then you will say what shall we do now? [9]This man knows all our tricks and schemes. [10]We've been robbing America for decades. [11]What should we do to stop this? [12]The Spirit says, ha, no one shall stop this that I have started, for the enemy has stolen from America for decades and it stops now. [13]For I will use this man to reap the harvest that the United States has sown for and plunder from the enemy what he has stolen and return it back seven-fold to the United States.

[14]The enemy will say, 'Israel, Israel, what about Israel?' [15]Israel will be protected by America once again. [16]The Spirit says yes, America will once again stand hand in hand with Israel and the two shall be as one, for the ties between Israel and America will be stronger than ever and Israel will flourish like never before.

[17]The Spirit of God says I will protect America and Israel, for this next President will be a man of his word. [18]When he speaks the world will listen and know that there is something greater in him than all the others before him. [19]This man's word is his bond and the world and America will know this, and the enemy will fear this, for this man will be fearless.

[20]The Spirit says when the financial harvest begins so shall the parallel in the spiritual for America.

[21]The Spirit of God says in this next election they will spend billions to keep this president out. [22]It will be like money down the toilet. [23]Let them waste their money, for where it comes from is being used by evil forces at work, but they will not succeed. [24]This next election will be a clean sweep for the man that I have chosen. [24]They will say things about this man, the enemy, but it will not affect him and they will say it rolls off of him like a duck. [25]For even as the feathers of a duck protect it, so shall my feathers protect this next president.

[26]Even mainstream news media will be captivated by this man and the abilities that I gift to him and they will even begin to agree with him, says the Spirit." – Mark Taylor

I'm sure that many at Liberty University knew that they were supporting and creating a movie based upon a false prophecy. They should have spoken out and denounced the project. But that is how the spirit of fornication works. It first corrupts belief, then it corrupts the sexual. In the photo, Jerry Falwell Jr. only disclosed who he was. I think that he should resign.

For me, only Jesus Christ is Savior and Lord. I do not need any other christs. I reject Donald Trump as another christ.

Reactions: Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Terrible news!
For Falwell, it's bad news. For Liberty University, I think it's very good news. They're cleaning things up. Falwell has been damaging them for years. I'm glad to see decent people standing up and saying, "Enough."

I'm surprised it took Liberty University this long, considering the previous things he's done. I can't prove he was having sex with the pool boy; but if you followed that story, it sure looked like it to me. I can't prove he was having sex with the fitness trainer Ben Crosswhite either, but the video I saw of the two was very odd.

That young guy got property from Liberty University almost for free. It reminds me of how Falwell gave the pool boy millions of dollars to invest in a youth hostel in Florida. A sign at that youth hostel said forbade religious talk but welcomed gays. That was an investment by Liberty University?

The photo of him in the night club was interesting too. I was surprised the photo was with a woman!

Falwell apologizes for unzipped pants photo: ‘I’m gonna try to be a good boy’

Falwell described the scene leading up to the photo. “She’s pregnant so she couldn’t get her — she couldn’t get her pants up,” he said. “And I was like, trying to like — my — I had on pair of jeans that I hadn’t worn in a long time so I couldn’t get mine zipped either. And so — and so — I just put my belly — I just put my belly out like hers.”
In my entire life, I have never yet run across a pregnant woman who tried to squeeze into a pair of pants she couldn't fit it so she went around with the zipper down. They were intelligent enough to know they had to adapt how they dressed because they were pregnant. I also find Falwell's explanation weird. Is he really getting that fat? He picks up old clothes from when he was thinner, finds out they don't fit him, and then wanders around unzipped with his belly hanging out? We're supposed to believe this after the photos of him showing off his "buff" body, riding on horseback shirtless? He didn't look that fat to me; and are we to believe the work with the fitness trainer was in vain, that Falwell stayed fat?

Another Trump supporter got busted recently. Details are hush, hush! We may never know exactly what happened.

Cleveland evangelist Perry Stone 'acted inappropriately' with female employees

Perry Stone has been away from his multimillion-dollar ministry in Cleveland, Tennessee, for three months, leaving many of his followers confused. But in an audio message played for a small, in-person group of church members several weeks ago — and obtained by the Times Free Press — Stone said he acted inappropriately with female employees.

In the message, Stone said women brought concerns about his actions and words to his Voice of Evangelism board of directors. The board then asked him to step aside from public ministry and receive counseling.

Stone suggested multiple times that his treatment of female employees was because his work as a minister is stressful.

"I confess at times I've been inappropriate in all this weariness of just non-stop ministry," Stone said in the message. "I let my guard down and I've asked, of course, God to forgive me for that. I sat down with my family, with my beautiful, precious wife Pam, the love of my life. I asked her to forgive me. And I very humbly and very sincerely ask those who have been hurt or offended by my actions to, please, also forgive me for those things."

Stone, 61, did not say specifically what occurred but said he "acted inappropriately with them, and with words and sometimes actions."

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and bukka

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's horrible to think about, Giuliano, but is it possible that Jerry Falwell Jr. and his wife have, sexually, an open marriage? Why hasn't Mrs. Falwell spoken out about Jerry Falwell Jr.'s indiscretions, at best, or infidelities, at worst? Why hasn't she sought a divorce if he's been unfaithful?

Why would Perry Stone not find solace with his wife if his ministry is as stressful as it is? Why didn't he take a sabbatical from it before he got into trouble?

This is all very disturbing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's horrible to think about, Giuliano, but is it possible that Jerry Falwell Jr. and his wife have, sexually, an open marriage? Why hasn't Mrs. Falwell spoken out about Jerry Falwell Jr.'s indiscretions, at best, or infidelities, at worst? Why hasn't she sought a divorce if he's been unfaithful?

It's a tough thing. He's a wealthy and a powerful man. There are both positive and negative reasons for not turning against an unfaithful man like that.

Why would Perry Stone not find solace with his wife if his ministry is as stressful as it is? Why didn't he take a sabbatical from it before he got into trouble? This is all very disturbing.

It's all too common among evangelical superstars. Jerry Jr.'s dad seems to have been completely faithful, but Sonny is not like Dad.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We may never know the intimate details of the Falwell marriage. Perhaps Jerry isn't the best in bed? Any threesomes could be to please her as well as him.

Where would she go if she got a divorce? My guess is she feels she's in the clover now and wouldn't want to risk losing the things she has.

The pregnant woman in the photo was Falwell's "assistant." I wondered about that too. Is his wife's life so busy that she needs an assistant? What for? Where was Falwell's wife when that photo was taken on the yacht? Was she somewhere else aboard the yacht? Was she at home? By herself without her husband or her assistant? One thing did seem clear to me: His wife had to know how how friendly terms they were on, and she didn't mind. Falwell wouldn't have posted that picture if his wife might have seen it and get surprised.

Why would Perry Stone not find solace with his wife if his ministry is as stressful as it is? Why didn't he take a sabbatical from it before he got into trouble?

This is all very disturbing.
I don't buy his story. It's a very curious situation. I'm one of the people who think male ministers should be married because their wives can often help them bear some of their burdens. Wives also sometimes have better insight into the psychology of problems.

I have to wonder if crimes may have been committed with the victims getting paid off to buy their silence.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose, Giuliano, that there is a psychological need for an anti-christ when one is spiritually dying and a carnal Christian. These men needed Trump, doubtlessly, to inwardly justify their manner of life. But isn't it the purpose of an anti-christ, to move his followers into their eventual, shared betrayal of Christ?

It is all so sad, very sad.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Terrible news!
It's sad to see any brother in the Lord stumble. We need to commit to pray for him, his family and Liberty University.

I see that the usual sharks are already circling (i.e. Yehren, Giuliano, Bukka). Let those who are without sin cast all the stones they want! So much self-righteous gossip from some (not all) of the men in this thread. I thought women were the worst gossips. Tsk, tsk, boys!

Galatians 6:1 (AMPC)--Brethren, if any person is overtaken in misconduct or sin of any sort, you who are spiritual [who are responsive to and controlled by the Spirit] should set him right and restore and reinstate him, without any sense of superiority and with all gentleness, keeping an attentive eye on yourself, lest you should be tempted also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Jo and LC627

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose, Giuliano, that there is a psychological need for an anti-christ when one is spiritually dying and a carnal Christian. These men needed Trump, doubtlessly, to inwardly justify their manner of life. But isn't it the purpose of an anti-christ, to move his followers into their eventual, shared betrayal of Christ?

It is all so sad, very sad.
It is sad, to be sure; but there may be a bright side to it. A Republican Congressman with more morals than Falwell stood up and demanded action. I think he (with help from others) woke people at Liberty University up.

UPDATED: Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. taking indefinite leave of absence

On Thursday, a Republican congressman — Rep. Mark Walker of North Carolina, a pastor who previously taught at Liberty — called Falwell’s behavior “appalling” and said he should resign.

In addition, some pastors who graduated from Liberty spoke out this week, calling for a change in leadership at the school.

Mark Davis, a Texas-based pastor, tweeted that “the name of Christ and the reputation of Liberty will continue to be dishonored” without action against Falwell by the board. Colby Garman, a pastor who has served on the executive board of the Southern Baptist Convention of Virginia, tweeted Monday that it was “bewildering” to see Falwell maintain the board's support. He responded to Friday’s news with appreciation.

Conservative TV personality Meghan McCain, daughter of the late Sen. John McCain, wrote on Twitter: “How is this Jerry Falwell Jr. photo even real? Also if you’re running the largest Christian university in America maybe don’t put photos of yourself on social media with your pants undone on a yacht — with random women in bad wigs. So gross, so hypocritical.”

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aww but we like to kick them while there down ..how soon we forget galt 6 restoration
Such men ought not be trusted again with church leadership. You can forgive someone without trusting him in the areas of his weakness.

1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Liberty University announced Monday that the Rev. Jerry Prevo, the longtime chair of the school’s Board of Trustees and a significant figure in the evangelical movement, will serve as acting president of the religious institution.

Dr. Prevo has served on the Liberty University Board of Trustees since 1996 and has been the Board Chairman since 2003. He recently retired as the Senior Pastor of Anchorage Baptist Temple in Anchorage, Alaska, after serving that community for 47 years. During his stewardship of Anchorage Baptist Temple, it became one of the largest churches in Alaska and had the largest school in Alaska, as well. In addition, its ministry included three radio stations and one television station.

Liberty University appoints acting president - Liberty News

I am thinking Dr Prevo is 75 years old. Seems like a good man, he has his work cut out for him!

The Rev. Jerry Prevo, Anchorage’s loudest evangelical voice, is retiring after 47 years

And a quick introduction to the Dr Jerry Prevo....

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aww but we like to kick them while there down ..how soon we forget galt 6 restoration
We just need to remember that we will receive the same measure that we give. I try to remember that those who show mercy are the ones who receive mercy. And we ALL need a big dose of that!!

Reactions: Bobby Jo and bukka

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We just need to remember that we will receive the same measure that we give. I try to remember that those who show mercy are the ones who receive mercy. And we ALL need a big dose of that!!

I agree, Prayer Warrior. And so we should act accordingly.

Does this include the Trumps, the Pences, the Clintons, the Obamas, the Bidens, and Kamala Harris and her husband? If it does that would be encouraging to those of us who understand these passages as applicable to the despised. It seems that the despised are in need of much mercy and the forbearance that comes with that mercy.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Liberty University announced Monday that the Rev. Jerry Prevo, the longtime chair of the school’s Board of Trustees and a significant figure in the evangelical movement, will serve as acting president of the religious institution.

Dr. Prevo has served on the Liberty University Board of Trustees since 1996 and has been the Board Chairman since 2003. He recently retired as the Senior Pastor of Anchorage Baptist Temple in Anchorage, Alaska, after serving that community for 47 years. During his stewardship of Anchorage Baptist Temple, it became one of the largest churches in Alaska and had the largest school in Alaska, as well. In addition, its ministry included three radio stations and one television station.

Liberty University appoints acting president - Liberty News

I am thinking Dr Prevo is 75 years old. Seems like a good man, he has his work cut out for him!

The Rev. Jerry Prevo, Anchorage’s loudest evangelical voice, is retiring after 47 years

And a quick introduction to the Dr Jerry Prevo....

Thanks for posting that. Prevo's history looks good to me. "By their fruits you will know them." If someone performs well, promote him! Things are looking up at Liberty University.

Last edited: