Jesus bleed seven times for us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I say He bled eight times.

1. drops of blood sweating
2. Whipping post
3.Internally from the beating.
4. Crown of thorns
5. Hands
6. Feet
7. spear in His side.

What was the 8th time any one know? I just thought this after looking up how many time he bled. Not trying to be smart. But if all these guys in google search never mentiond it. I think its a blessing it dropped into my heart.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say He bled eight times.

1. drops of blood sweating
2. Whipping post
3.Internally from the beating.
4. Crown of thorns
5. Hands
6. Feet
7. spear in His side.

What was the 8th time any one know? I just thought this after looking up how many time he bled. Not trying to be smart. But if all these guys in google search never mentiond it. I think its a blessing it dropped into my heart.

He was circumsized on the 8th day.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He was circumsized on the 8th day.
That was a good guess. Firdt I thought Yes but it wasnt for us. Then I thought well to fulfull the law He had to so it was for us. So we gotta make it nine times he bled for us. There is a t least one more that I know of.

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you thinking of "The Lamb slain before the Foundation of the World" although that could not have been literal blood?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you thinking of "The Lamb slain before the Foundation of the World" although that could not have been literal blood?
No I am thinking the plucked His beard. That'il make ya bleed.

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes it would, and yet when I was reviewing the events leading to the crucifixion, i thought of his beard being plucked and didn't make the connection.
Anyways, well done.

One small thought, according E.W. Bullinger in his book called Numbers, the number 9 appears significantly in times of judgment. Such as the flood began when Methuselah died. ( His name means "When he dies, it shall come" or "Upon death it comes") and he died at 969. (Man sandwiched between judgment)
Could that be the reason we 9 bleedings associated with Christ judgment?

Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I dont really know. This is always taught as bleeding 7 times. So I dont know how they missed these other two.