Jesus Christ Prophesied He Will Not Return Until This Happens - Matthew 23:39

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 24, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ Prophesied He Will Not Return Until This Happens

Matthew 23:39
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

The first fold of sheep (Christians / believers) must say as the Lord prophesied before He will return. Of course there are other prophesies regarding the Lord's return, which are not the subject of this thread.

The second fold of sheep are the gentile Christians / believers. The two folds make one flock, and the Lord Jesus is the Shepherd, or Good Shepherd.

John 10:16
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.

D

Dave L

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

The first fold of sheep (Christians / believers) must say as the Lord prophesied before He will return. Of course there are other prophesies regarding the Lord's return, which are not the subject of this thread.

The second fold of sheep are the gentile Christians / believers. The two folds make one flock, and the Lord Jesus is the Shepherd, or Good Shepherd.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.
How do you interpret this?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is really not the meaning of this verse. Christ was addressing Israel, and telling them that they would next see Him when they welcomed Him as their Lord and Savior AFTER His Second Coming.

The Second Coming of Christ is NOT contingent upon the Jews being saved but vice versa. *All Israel shall be saved* AFTER the Second Coming, at which time the believing remnant of the Jews will say "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord". But before that they will weep, and mourn, and repent, and then believe.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion [Jerusalem] the Deliverer, [Christ] and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob [Israel]... (Rom 9:25,26).

Nov 24, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is really not the meaning of this verse. Christ was addressing Israel, and telling them that they would next see Him when they welcomed Him as their Lord and Savior AFTER His Second Coming.

The Second Coming of Christ is NOT contingent upon the Jews being saved but vice versa. *All Israel shall be saved* AFTER the Second Coming, at which time the believing remnant of the Jews will say "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord". But before that they will weep, and mourn, and repent, and then believe.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion [Jerusalem] the Deliverer, [Christ] and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob [Israel]... (Rom 9:25,26).
You make no sense and twist scripture.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It's about that one has to come to Jesus and he will come to you, that's what being truly being Born Again is all about, it's the 2ed Coming. Jesus has come to you in fact right there and then, you are in the Kingdom of God, but most around you are not, but the kingdom is not truly fulfilled until such has taken place all over the world and that's just another point of the fact that the water Baptised do not understand, they are looking for the Kingdom but they do not understand that it's within there reach, but they lack true faith that can move mountains.
Nothing can be done until your faith can move mountains. if everyone had this faith then we will all have the Kingdom of God.
So they will all have one flock and one shepherd.
The Lord has returned to you when you are truly Born Again, he is with you and you in him.
How does one think it will be in the 2ed Coming ? well it is just as so, they will be full of faith.

Mother of Jesus was full of Grace just as was St Stephen, they were in the Kingdom of God, when one knows God one has Grace and without this Grace you will lack faith.
Jesus came to me and I abide in him just as if he were here in the flesh, but only more so than that because it's the Holy Spirit that dwells in me. it was given to me freely and I picked it up.

There is an Ox that has a yoke with 2 prongs within it, so as to steer the animal and we are much the same, having a yoke some what the same but it's an easy path to guide us with such prods from God and we must follow such direction or the burdens only grows more heavy so to speak.

Now some devils say that it's a free gift but they will not pick it up, they do not have the yoke, so they are of Satan and start on about a pixie god full of magic powers that will save them etc, they will force you to believe in there works, rubbish like idolising people, not God ! rubbish like idolising so called Jews, not to mention just how angry they get at you if you do not bow down to such idolising nonsense, fact is a true Christian has Jesus Christ and need look to any stupid idolising filth, such is a rejection of Christ in fact, do they not know this ! what fools.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very good! I've been preaching the same thing, Mt 23:39, for a long time, but since most everyone believes the lie that Christ could return at any moment, truth, as usual, falls on deaf ears. John 10:16 is different though. There is lots of different speculation about who the other sheep are. Since Gentiles are never referred to as "sheep" in the NT, lately I've been thinking they are the remnants throughout Israel's history.

This passage shows the order that must occur for Christ to return
Acts 3:19-21
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Another truth that people fail to see is that there is no nation of Israel today, in God's eyes. They were set aside, for not believing in God's Son, in Ac 28:28, about 64AD, when the Salvation of God was taken from them and given to us Gentiles. Israel can't be God's people unless they keep the Law and that's impossible without a temple. Hosea prophesies Israel's situation today - Hosea 1:9, not My people; Hosea 3:4, Israel's present standing; Hosea 6:2, this will end after 2 days, 2000 years, about 2064. Then, Israel will be back in God's graces and prophecy will once again be fulfilled.

Since there is no Israel today, it is impossible for Israel to repent and Accept Christ. Therefore, it is impossible for Christ to return for at least 46 years.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Very good! I've been preaching the same thing, Mt 23:39, for a long time, but since most everyone believes the lie that Christ could return at any moment, truth, as usual, falls on deaf ears. John 10:16 is different though. There is lots of different speculation about who the other sheep are. Lately, I've been thinking they are the remnants throughout Israel's history.

This passage shows the order that must occur for Christ to return
Acts 3:19-21
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Another truth that people fail to see is that there is no nation of Israel today, in God's eyes. They were set aside, for not believing in God's Son, in Ac 28:28, about 64AD, when the Salvation of God was taken from them and given to us Gentiles. Israel can't be God's people unless they keep the Law and that's impossible without a temple. Hosea prophesies Israel's situation today - Hosea 1:9, not My people; Hosea 3:4, Israel's present standing; Hosea 6:2, this will end after 2 days, 2000 years, about 2064. Then, Israel will be back in God's graces and prophecy will once again be fulfilled.

Since there is no Israel today, it is impossible for Israel to repent and Accept Christ. Therefore, it is impossible for Christ to return for at least 46 years.
The Church is Biblical Israel. The unbelieving Jews are not.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is Biblical Israel. The unbelieving Jews are not.
Total private interpretation. Zero scriptural proof.

The ONLY church today is the 100% Gentile church found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles, which has ZERO association with ANYTHING Israel. There is no Israel today. Everything about today's church was hid in God since the world began, Ephesians 3:9, Colossians 1:26, millions of years before Israel existed. It is therefore impossible that anything in the OT, the Gospels, the Acts. or Paul's 7 Acts books, have ANYTHING to do with today's Gentile church. Also, note that everything Paul wrote in Acts was based on the OT, Acts of the apostles 26:22, whereas NOTHING in his post-Acts epistles could possibly be found in the OT, since it was all hid in God from all ages and generations.

You need to look into rightly dividing, correctly cutting, God's Word. It will Correctly weed out all that UNOBTAINABLE (for Gentiles) Jewish baggage you've been carrying around for many years. And, as a bonus, you'll be approved unto God and will have no need to feel ashamed - see 2Tim 2:15.

D

Dave L

Total private interpretation. Zero scriptural proof.

The ONLY church today is the 100% Gentile church found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles, which has ZERO association with ANYTHING Israel. There is no Israel today. Everything about today's church was hid in God since the world began, Ephesians 3:9, Colossians 1:26, millions of years before Israel existed. It is therefore impossible that anything in the OT, the Gospels, the Acts. or Paul's 7 Acts books, have ANYTHING to do with today's Gentile church. Also, note that everything Paul wrote in Acts was based on the OT, Acts of the apostles 26:22, whereas NOTHING in his post-Acts epistles could possibly be found in the OT, since it was all hid in God from all ages and generations.

You need to look into rightly dividing, correctly cutting, God's Word. It will Correctly weed out all that UNOBTAINABLE (for Gentiles) Jewish baggage you've been carrying around for many years. And, as a bonus, you'll be approved unto God and will have no need to feel ashamed - see 2Tim 2:15.
Circumcision made one a physical Jew. And a physical member of Israel. Jesus abolish circumcision reducing all physical Jews to gentile status.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Circumcision made one a physical Jew. And a physical member of Israel. Jesus abolish circumcision reducing all physical Jews to gentile status.
That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard, Dave. Where's your scripture to prove this malarkey?

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to study the history of the Jews in scripture. It's all there.
NOTHING about the Jews will tell me ANYTHING about the 100% Gentile Church of today, as found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles. These 7 epistles are totally void of anything Israel. It is ALL 100% Gentile, without a hint of anything Israel. "Abraham" and "it is written" don't appear once in Paul's post-Acts books but, in his 7 Acts books, they appear 29 and 32 times. Different times, different people, different Hope, different Calling, different Dispensation, Different EVERYTHING. As far as related scripture is concerned, there are no tracks in and no tracks out. Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles are an island unto themselves, except for Christ.

Try removing your Jewish spectacles and reading Ephesians, slowly several times, with prayer, and try to totally keep Ephesians separated from anything you THINK you already know. If you can see your Calling to Heaven in verses like Ephesians 2:6, Ephesians 1:3, and Philippians 3:20, and can realize that no person in the other 59 books EVER had a chance to go to this Highest Heaven, God's abode, where Christ sits at the right hand of God, Ephesians 1:20, you might have a chance of going to Heaven. As it stands now, I see nothing that you believe will put you there. That's why God commands you to Correctly CUT His Word, 2Tim 2:15, i.e., to get rid of all that Jewish baggage that your beliefs are saturated with.

I like you, Dave, and I'm really trying to show you what I KNOW to be the truth. I'm not trying to be king on the hill. I'm sincerely trying to help you get to Heaven, and I'm 100% convinced this is the only way you'll ever get there.

Your "STATE" before God, as a believer in Christ, as your Savior, is not changed by the other stuff you now believe. You will still have eternal life, no matter what. However, where you are saved TO, is determined by faith. If it weren't, why would Paul pray in Ephesians 1:17-18 that God would give you the eyes of understanding to SEE the Hope of His Calling. You must SEE, BELIEVE, and CLAIM the Hope of God's Calling to get it. Heaven isn't automatic and the only alternative is the New Earth.

Many are Called, but Few are Chosen.

Except for "Charity", everyone I've seen on this forum is in the same boat as Dave and at least 99% of Christendom, mainly due to Satan's influence with the Early Church Fathers and the present day Denominational Church (synagogue) System, who specializes, unknowingly, in keeping their unsuspecting Gentile sheep out of Heaven, by teaching them unobtainable Jewish doctrine. Satan aspired to go to this Highest Heaven, but wasn't allowed to. He doesn't want anyone to go there.

I pray that someone reading this will be able to SEE the TRUE Hope of their Calling and will get to go to Heaven.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

NOTHING about the Jews will tell me ANYTHING about the 100% Gentile Church of today, as found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles. These 7 epistles are totally void of anything Israel. It is ALL 100% Gentile, without a hint of anything Israel. "Abraham" and "it is written" don't appear once in Paul's post-Acts books but, in his 7 Acts books, they appear 29 and 32 times. Different times, different people, different Hope, different Calling, different Dispensation, Different EVERYTHING. As far as related scripture is concerned, there are no tracks in and no tracks out. Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles are an island unto themselves, except for Christ.

Try removing your Jewish spectacles and reading Ephesians, totally separated from anything you THINK you already know.
The only biblical Israel today is Jesus and the Church. To whom are the broken off unbelievers reunited with when they accept Christ (Romans 11)? Themselves or Jesus Israel.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only biblical Israel today is Jesus and the Church. To whom are the broken off unbelievers reunited with when they accept Christ (Romans 11)? Themselves or Jesus Israel.
Nothing in Romans or Paul's other Acts epistles are TO us or ABOUT anyone living today. They are FOR us as far as our learning is concerned, but there is nothing in them that tell us anything about our Hope, Calling, or Future. Those things are found ONLY in Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon. Everything in Acts was set aside, along with Israel, 1956 years ago. There is no Acts church today. The olive tree was cut down 1956 years ago, but the root is still there, and the tree will grow again, when Israel becomes "My People", again. Today, there are ZERO Gentiles grafted into a non-existent olive tree. All Jews today are Gentiles, in God's eyes.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Nothing in Romans or Paul's other Acts epistles are TO us or ABOUT anyone living today. They are FOR us as far as our learning is concerned, but there is nothing in them that tell us anything about our Hope, Calling, or Future. Everything in Acts was set aside, along with Israel, 1956 years ago. There is no Acts church today. The olive tree was cut down 1956 years ago, but the root is still there, and the tree will grow again, when Israel becomes ammi, "My People", again. Today, there are ZERO Gentiles grafted into a non-existent olive tree. All Jews today are Gentiles, in God's eyes.
Really?