Jesus didn't take away our sin, only our punishment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus didn't take away our sin, only our punishment
More false doctrine from CL.

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (John 1:29)

This not only refutes your title, but also refutes Limited Atonement.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She's denying the doctrine of expiation. :(
Psalm 103:12; Isaiah 43:25; 1 John 3:5; Micah 7:19. In Hebrews 10:1ff it is implied by context, sound doctrine and the contrast between animal sacrifices (which could not take away sins Hebrews 10:4) and the sacrifice of Christ that the perfect sacrifice of Christ did take away sins. This is easily deduced from the text and by implementing 2 Timothy 2:15.

Therefore the docrtrines of @CharismaticLady are contrary to sound doctrine and biblical truth.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (John 1:29)

I don't believe the title, but do you know how many people believe a Christian still sins? They say we will always sin in this life, but Jesus took away our punishment.

It is funny, how so many don't agree with my title, who are the ones who say this! They don't understand what Jesus accomplished, nor what it means to be born again of the Spirit. It appears that people are reacting to the title and are not even reading the passage that declares that to be a false doctrine. I just used a quote from one of the forum members, but it certainly wasn't mine. Some of my haters, will be against anything I post. Hopefully, they will think twice when declaring the lie that a Christian can't be sinless.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Levitical scapegoat typified the Christ in Leviticus 16:20-22. He not only took away the sins of the elect, but their punishment as well. Propitiation means 'atoning sacrifice'. He atoned for our sins, by atoning for them, He also took away our punishment, bearing it for us, the elect of God. :)
I just used a quote from one of the forum members, but it certainly wasn't mine. Some of my haters, will be against anything I post. Hopefully, they will think twice when declaring the lie that a Christian can't be sinless.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 103:12; Isaiah 43:25; 1 John 3:5; Micah 7:19. In Hebrews 10:1ff it is implied by context, sound doctrine and the contrast between animal sacrifices (which could not take away sins Hebrews 10:4) and the sacrifice of Christ that the perfect sacrifice of Christ did take away sins. This is easily deduced from the text and by implementing 2 Timothy 2:15.

Therefore the docrtrines of @CharismaticLady are contrary to sound doctrine and biblical truth.
I just used a quote from one of the forum members, but it certainly wasn't mine. Some of my haters, will be against anything I post. Hopefully, they will think twice when declaring the lie that a Christian can't be sinless.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

In your religious witch hunting mindset you ignore the purpose of the thread and that CL posted the title as a tongue in cheek statement. So in your usual hateful way...you are actually agreeing with CL...even though your pride would stop you from ever doing that knowingly.

Way to go CL!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Entering into Jesus brings us freedom from sin. The word for remission in the bible is actually akin to remission in cancer....as in your cancer is in remission. Basically cancer free. So then the Greek word "aphesis" is better translated as "freedom."

When we actually know the truth...or Christ...we are set free from the power of sin.

In Him is NO sin. All who claim to sin IN Christ are liars and religious posturers.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Levitical scapegoat typified the Christ in Leviticus 16:20-22. He not only took away the sins of the elect, but their punishment as well. Propitiation means 'atoning sacrifice'. He atoned for our sins, by atoning for them, He also took away our punishment, bearing it for us, the elect of God. :)

Actually it is the goat that was sacrificed...the one that is "to the Lord"....THAT one typifies Christ. The scapegoat represents Israel that doesn't sacrifice itself for God but lives for itself. These are cast away into an eternal wandering in outer darkness.

We see the same type of contrasting with Jesus Bar Abba and Jesus Barabbas. One is sacrificed and one is released. Of course most people will choose to be released rather than to die. So we see the state of the church from this. As more people seek to avoid the cross by making Jesus die INSTEAD of us...rather than FOR us and WITH us...we get the status quo of a church in the wilderness and in great darkness.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry, and although I am going off debating theology, sometimes it is required. The scapegoat is definitely not a type of Christ. When did a strong man lead a sin bearing Christ into the wilderness? The sins that were placed upon the scapegoat... Where did they come from?

Reactions: Nancy

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, and although I am going off debating theology, sometimes it is required. The scapegoat is definitely not a type of Christ. When did a strong man lead a sin bearing Christ into the wilderness? The sins that were placed upon the scapegoat... Where did they come from?
The Christ was given over to the Jews and Romans soldiers and walked Him to the cross, throttling Him all the way. They were imputed to the scapegoat, just like the elect’s sins were imputed to the Christ.

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus us frees us from our sin nature, at one time we were enslaved to sin and could not stop if we wanted.

But those who are born again now have a choice not sin, we are no longer enslaved to sin. We no longer want to sin, we want to please our heavenly father. We can conquer are flesh through what Jesus has done for us. Thank you Jesus !!

someone can say they forgive if you have sinned against them, but unless you have a new nature, and are born again it does not really matter, for you must be born again to enter heaven, you must be a changed person, the old you no longer exist.