Jesus, God And Books

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you ever wondered how much money you have spent on things like Christian books, cd’s, etc, and has it really helped you grow. Remember the story how Jesus went into the temple and threw over the tables then chased out the sellers, yet how we are today revelling in all that He as trying to undo. You walk out of a sermon, church, or meeting and there it is, 5 steps to finding God, Understanding God, How to know God, the bible on CD, listen then you don’t have to read, a worship tape, play it then you don’t have to lift a finger to love God. This is the world we live into day and its all wrong. So there you are, madly in love with this wonderful person, everyday the sit opposite you at the coffee table, just waiting for you to speak to them, patiently everyday, uncomplaining, no matter the time of day or the weather, just sitting waiting. And there you are , nose buried in books, on how to find a partner, and their life story. It’s a good thing that God is so patient with us. Have you ever read this little scripture,Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life Has anything changed. No matter how many times you read the bible , no matter how many years you spend in bible college, no matter how many books you read, no matter how many people you listen to, its all about Jesus. Yet there he sits, everyday , patiently just waiting for you and I to say His name and start talking to Him. This is what a relationship is, its not reading a book, going to church, going to bible college, its sitting at His feet and learning from Him. In His love

gumby

May 29, 2009
Oh i do alot of other things besides read the bible in my christian relationship. I practice meditation, hypnosis, prayer and yoga. All of those things bring me closer to god evry day
smile.gif