Jesus in my life since 2011

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ShawnaB

Mar 26, 2023
MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus in my life after a bad thing happened to me since 2011.I was in the Marines for 14 years.It was after 5 guys in the unit I was in sexually assaulted and raped me.I was honorably discharged after being diagnosed with PTSD from it.Luckily a survivor of this talked me into going to the church she went to.It helped me recover from it and knew she was right.It made a huge difference in my life.The 5 guys in the unit I was in with whom did this to me are serving a 30 year prison sentence and got a dishonorable discharge.I credit him for everything including support from family and friends including my husband whom is a pastor.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Shawna and welcome to the forums here. I am so sorry for what happened to you, sexual abuse is teaming, especially in the military, was like that back in the early 80's and has only gotten worse.
Thank God for your survivor friend! She brought you to our great healer, nothing get's past our God.
Enjoy your time here and God bless and keep you growing in Him.

Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus in my life after a bad thing happened to me since 2011.I was in the Marines for 14 years.It was after 5 guys in the unit I was in sexually assaulted and raped me.I was honorably discharged after being diagnosed with PTSD from it.Luckily a survivor of this talked me into going to the church she went to.It helped me recover from it and knew she was right.It made a huge difference in my life.The 5 guys in the unit I was in with whom did this to me are serving a 30 year prison sentence and got a dishonorable discharge.I credit him for everything including support from family and friends including my husband whom is a pastor.
What a terrible experience for you but with Jesus in your life you have that new start - he never lets us down. Such a powerful testimony. Hope to see you around.

Reactions: dev553344

ShawnaB

Mar 26, 2023
MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a terrible experience for you but with Jesus in your life you have that new start - he never lets us down. Such a powerful testimony. Hope to see you around.
The sexual assault and rape put a toll on me,I was not myself after it happened.I am glad the VA has been good to me

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy you found God in your life. God is good and cares about us.

Reactions: Pearl

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Shalom, Shaliom, and God bless you, ShawnaB.

Thank you for sharing your Testimony.