Jesus is coming back to rule as King of kings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Jesus is coming back to rule as King of kings

Most Christians believe that when Jesus returns Heaven is where they will live. But this is contrary to what is reveal in scripture. The scriptures not only reveal that it is the Earth Jesus and the saints will live, but even God, the Father will come and dwell with His children.

Matthew 5:5 (ASV)
[sup]5 [/sup]Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Revelation 21:1-4 (ASV)
[sup]1 [/sup]And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth are passed away; and the sea is no more.
[sup]2 [/sup]And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven of God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.
[sup]3 [/sup]And I heard a great voice out of the throne saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he shall dwell with them, and they shall be his peoples, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God:
[sup]4 [/sup]and he shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more; neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more: the first things are passed away.

But what most Christians fail to understand is that Jesus is a literal king the same way when we are talking about human kings. When Jesus was born He never came to rule as king, but to take back from Satan what Adam gave to him…..the restoring of the kingdom of God on the Earth, and to set mankind back where we belong…..having dominion - over the Earth as well as over all things.

Revelation 21:7 (KJV)
[sup]7 [/sup]He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

The government of God

Isaiah 9:6-7 (ESV)
[sup]6 [/sup]For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
[sup]7 [/sup]Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
The second part of the above verse will be fulfilled when Jesus returns as King of kings. Jesus right now is sitting on His Father’s throne. But when He returns He will sit on His throne and those who overcome will rule with Him on His throne.

Acts 1:11 (MontgomeryNT)
[sup]11 [/sup]and they said. "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing into the sky? This same Jesus who has been taken up from you into the sky will come back in just the same way as you have seen him going into the sky."

Revelation 3:21 (MontgomeryNT)
[sup]21 [/sup]To him who overcomes, I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, as I myself have overcome and have taken my seat with my Father on his throne.
Jesus will rule as King on the earth and the saints will rule with Him.

Revelation 11:15 (NKJV)
[sup]15 [/sup]Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!"
Nations will go up to Jerusalem to worship the King/Jesus when He returns.

Zechariah 14:16-21 (ESV)
[sup]16 [/sup]Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths.
[sup]17 [/sup]And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them.
[sup]18 [/sup]And if the family of Egypt does not go up and present themselves, then on them there shall be no rain; there shall be the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.
[sup]19 [/sup]This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.
[sup]20 [/sup]And on that day there shall be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “Holy to the Lord.” And the pots in the house of the Lord shall be as the bowls before the altar.
[sup]21 [/sup]And every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holy to the Lord of hosts, so that all who sacrifice may come and take of them and boil the meat of the sacrifice in them. And there shall no longer be a trader in the house of the Lord of hosts on that day.

Psalm 86:9 (ESV)
[sup]9 [/sup]All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name.
Jesus had twelve disciples and each will be a king over a tribe of Israel.

Matthew 19:28 (BBE)
[sup]28 [/sup]And Jesus said to them, Truly I say to you that in the time when all things are made new, and the Son of man is seated in his glory, you who have come after me will be seated on twelve seats, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
In the kingdom of God on the earth the saints will eat and drink at Jesus’ table.

Matthew 26:29 (MontgomeryNT)
[sup]29 [/sup]"But I say to you, I will never again drink of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in the kingdom of my Father."
David will be king over the entire house of Israel forever.

1 Chronicles 28:4 (ESV)
[sup]4 [/sup]Yet the Lord God of Israel chose me from all my father’s house to be king over Israel forever. For he chose Judah as leader, and in the house of Judah my father’s house, and among my father’s sons he took pleasure in me to make me king over all Israel.
All the saints of God will be sit and rule as kings on the earth.

Revelation 20:4 (MontgomeryNT)
[sup]4 [/sup]And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them, and they were permitted to judge; and I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the Word of God, those who did not worship the beast nor his image, and who did not receive his brand upon their brow, or hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelation 5:10 (ESV)
[sup]10 [/sup]and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.”

It is not us that are going to Heaven, it is God whom will come to the Earth and live with man.

Revelation 21:2-3 (ESV)
[sup]2 [/sup]And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
[sup]3 [/sup]And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.

1 Corinthians 15:24-26 (KJV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
[sup]25 [/sup]For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
[sup]26 [/sup]The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Revelation 21:9-27 (GW)
[sup]9 [/sup]One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the last seven plagues came to me and said, “Come! I will show you the bride, the wife of the lamb.”
[sup]10 [/sup]He carried me by his power away to a large, high mountain. He showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven.
[sup]11 [/sup]It had the glory of God. Its light was like a valuable gem, like gray quartz, as clear as crystal.
[sup]12 [/sup]It had a large, high wall with 12 gates. Twelve angels were at the gates. The names of the 12 tribes of Israel were written on the gates.
[sup]13 [/sup]There were three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.
[sup]14 [/sup]The wall of the city had 12 foundations. The 12 names of the 12 apostles of the lamb were written on them.
[sup]15 [/sup]The angel who was talking to me had a gold measuring stick to measure the city, its gates, and its wall.
[sup]16 [/sup]The city was square. It was as wide as it was long. He measured the city with the stick. It was 12,000 stadia long. Its length, width, and height were the same.
[sup]17 [/sup]He measured its wall. According to human measurement, which the angel was using, it was 144 cubits.
[sup]18 [/sup]Its wall was made of gray quartz. The city was made of pure gold, as clear as glass.
[sup]19 [/sup]The foundations of the city wall were beautifully decorated with all kinds of gems: The first foundation was gray quartz, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald,
[sup]20 [/sup]the fifth onyx, the sixth red quartz, the seventh yellow quartz, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth green quartz, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
[sup]21 [/sup]The 12 gates were 12 pearls. Each gate was made of one pearl. The street of the city was made of pure gold, as clear as glass.
[sup]22 [/sup]I did not see any temple in it, because the Lord God Almighty and the lamb are its temple.
[sup]23 [/sup]The city doesn't need any sun or moon to give it light because the glory of God gave it light. The lamb was its lamp.
[sup]24 [/sup]The nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.
[sup]25 [/sup]Its gates will be open all day. They will never close because there won't be any night there.
[sup]26 [/sup]They will bring the glory and wealth of the nations into the holy city.
[sup]27 [/sup]Nothing unclean, no one who does anything detestable, and no liars will ever enter it. Only those whose names are written in the lamb's Book of Life will enter it.
The above verse is a description of the city that God’s people will live with Jesus. It will be a City of gigantic proportion, like none before it, spanning 14,000 to 15,000 miles on either sides and 14,000 to 15,000 miles high. It will be shaped like a pyramid.

Matthew 21:42 (KJV)
[sup]42 [/sup]Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

So no doubt just as Jesus is the head of the Church, even so the city that God will build for His sons to dwell in, Jesus’ office will be at the top of that city.

Head:
Greek Word: κεφαλή
Transliteration: kephalē
Phonetic Pronunciation: kef-al-ay'
Root: from the primary kapto (in the sense of seizing)
Cross Reference: TDNT - 3:673,429
Part of Speech: n f
Vine's Words: Head

probably from the primary kapto (in the sense of seizing); the head (as the part most readily taken hold of), literal or figurative :- head.
Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

Corner:
Greek Word: γωνία
Transliteration: gōnia
Phonetic Pronunciation:go-nee'-ah
Root: probably akin to <G1119>
Cross Reference: TDNT - 1:791,137
Part of Speech: n f
Vine's Words: Corner, Cornerstone

probably akin to <G1119> (gonu); an angle :- corner, quarter.
Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.
Strong's Number: <G1137>
Original Word: γω&nu;ία, gōnia
Usage Notes: "an angle" (Eng., "coign"), signifies (a) "an external angle," as of the "corner" of a street, Matt. 6:5; or of a building, Matt. 21:42; Mark 12:10; Luke 20:17; Acts 4:11; 1 Pet. 2:7, "the corner stone or head-stone of the corner" (see below); or the four extreme limits of the earth, Rev. 7:1; Rev. 20:8; ( b )"an internal corner," a secret place, Acts 26:26. See QUARTER.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old Testament and New Testament Words.

Jesus is a king and this is the reason He was born and came into this world.

John 18:37 (ESV)
[sup]37 [/sup]Then Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world— to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice."

Unfortunately, the good news of God's kingdom is largely being ignored by Christians.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Most Christians believe that when Jesus returns Heaven is where they will live. But this is contrary to what is reveal in scripture. The scriptures not only reveal that it is the Earth Jesus and the saints will live, but even God, the Father will come and dwell with His children.

That is not a contrary statement you are making. You are pointing out something that is incomplete. There is nothing contrary to the first sentence that you make in the second sentence.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

That is not a contrary statement you are making. You are pointing out something that is incomplete. There is nothing contrary to the first sentence that you make in the second sentence.

I am simply saying that Christians who believe that Heaven is where they going to live when Jesus returns is false.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
I am simply saying that Christians who believe that Heaven is where they going to live when Jesus returns is false.

you are right in that many christians will live on earth

but i cant agree on the earthly kingdom for several reasons:
1. Jesus said his kingdom was no part of the world John 18;36: “My kingdom is no part of this world

2. God said that the heavens are his abiding place Isaiah 66:1 “The heavens are my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where, then, is the house that YOU people can build for me, and where, then, is the place as a resting-place for me?

3. Jesus spoke about a little flock who would join him in the kingdom of the heavens...and he repeatedly called it the kingdom of 'heaven'...never of the earth. Matthew 4:17the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.”

4. Adam and Eve lived as subjects of God whom they could speak to while in the garden, so its not like God is not accessible if he is not situated on the earth... he is always accessible to his children...he doesnt have to physically exist on a little patch of earth (which would be impossible anyway) Genesis 3:8

5. Jesus said that no one would see him again in the flesh because he would not be here on earth John 14:19 A little longer and the world will behold me no more

6. The prophet Daniel saw the returning King 'on the clouds of heaven when the kingdom was installed'... Dan 7:13 “I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom,

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

1. Jesus said his kingdom was no part of the world John 18;36: “My kingdom is no part of this world

2. God said that the heavens are his abiding place Isaiah 66:1 “The heavens are my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where, then, is the house that YOU people can build for me, and where, then, is the place as a resting-place for me?

3. Jesus spoke about a little flock who would join him in the kingdom of the heavens...and he repeatedly called it the kingdom of 'heaven'...never of the earth. Matthew 4:17the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.”

4. Adam and Eve lived as subjects of God whom they could speak to while in the garden, so its not like God is not accessible if he is not situated on the earth... he is always accessible to his children...he doesnt have to physically exist on a little patch of earth (which would be impossible anyway) Genesis 3:8

5. Jesus said that no one would see him again in the flesh because he would not be here on earth John 14:19 A little longer and the world will behold me no more

6. The prophet Daniel saw the returning King 'on the clouds of heaven when the kingdom was installed'... Dan 7:13 “I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom,

Every one of those statements has a misinterpretation.

1. The specific 'world' Jesus was speaking of was this PRESENT world how it is. He and His Apostles spoke of a 'world to come' different than today's, and that's the future world of the new earth and new heavens. And in Revelation Christ showed that He and The Father are coming to earth to live with us in that future world.

2. In the last verse of Ezekiel 48, the name of The Holy City on earth there is named, 'The LORD is there.' That's about Christ Jesus' direct Presence on this earth with His saints, as Jesus is the "express image" of The Father per Hebrews 1:3.

3. "kingdom of heaven", not 'kingdom of the heavens'. The Bible translation you use appears to have misled you somewhat. God's abode of Heaven is not just simply 'air' like in the sky. God's Heaven is a whole other dimension. And Apostle Paul well explained that in the 1 Corinthians 15 chapter, and Christ did also when He gave symbolic metaphors for It. Wherever God's abode of Heaven is, that's where He is. And the Garden of Eden is given as a symbol for His de facto dwelling abode. That should have been understood early per the end of Gen.3, when He placed flaming cherubims to guard the tree of life in His Eden. In the Greek Old Testament Septuagint, the OT Bible version much used by early Christians, Eden is rendered as Paradise.

4. But the express Image of His Person as The Christ could do that on earth, and will as written. Kind of sounds like you don't really believe our Lord Jesus Christ was actually God having come in the flesh.

5. The John 14 Scripture was in relation to Christ's crucifixion getting ready to happen. After His death on the cross and resurrection, He appeared to His Apostles, on earth, for 40 days, and then ascended to the right hand of The Father. I particularly love the John 21 example of Christ appearing to His Apostles on the shore while they were fishing. When they came in Jesus already had a fire going and fish and bread cooked on the barby. That obviously was to show them, and us, how the resurrection body can live upon this earth.

6. Daniel was given a vision of Christ's coming with the clouds. And per many other Bible Scriptures we know His coming with those clouds is... back upon this earth as written in Zech.14, His feet touching down upon the Mount of Olives.

The Book of Isaiah means Yah has saved, so it's a very important OT Book about God's Salvation through Christ Jesus. And within that Book of Isaiah are many descriptions of just HOW the Heavenly is going to manifest upon this earth in the world to come.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

Jesus said where He is we will be also.

John 14:1-3 (ASV)
[sup]1 [/sup]Let not your heart be troubled: believe in God, believe also in me.
[sup]2 [/sup]In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
[sup]3 [/sup]And if I go and prepare a place for you, I come again, and will receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

So since we will be living on the Earth so will Jesus be. Remember, when Jesus returns the kingdoms of this world will become the of our Lord and His christ (Jesus' anointed ones).

Revelation 11:15 (ASV)
[sup]15 [/sup]And the seventh angel sounded; and there followed great voices in heaven, and they said, The kingdom of the world is become the kingdom of out Lord, and of his Christ: and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Jesus and the saints (the mountain symbolizes the saints-the people of God) will be in Jerusalem and the Nations will send representitives there to inquire to be taught God's ways.

Isaiah 2:3 (ASV)
[sup]3 [/sup]And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.

That is how it is now but that is not the way it is going to remain.

Revelation 21:3 (YLT)
[sup]3 [/sup]and I heard a great voice out of the heaven, saying, `Lo, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will tabernacle with them, and they shall be His peoples, and God Himself shall be with them--their God,

1 Corinthians 15:24-28 (ASV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Then cometh the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power.
[sup]25 [/sup]For he must reign, till he hath put all his enemies under his feet.
[sup]26 [/sup]The last enemy that shall be abolished is death.
[sup]27 [/sup]For, He put all things in subjection under his feet. But when he saith, All things are put in subjection, it is evident that he is excepted who did subject all things unto him.
[sup]28 [/sup]And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.

3. Jesus spoke about a little flock who would join him in the kingdom of the heavens...and he repeatedly called it the kingdom of 'heaven'...never of the earth. Matthew 4:17the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.”?

That too is not how its going to remain. The Bible speaks about people that the John in his vision on the Ilses of Patmos where he saw people too numberous for him to count that will be converted during the Great Tribulation.

Revelation 7:9-15 (KJV)
[sup]9 [/sup]After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
[sup]10 [/sup]And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
[sup]11 [/sup]And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
[sup]12 [/sup]Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
[sup]13 [/sup]And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
[sup]14 [/sup]And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
[sup]15 [/sup]Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

4. Adam and Eve lived as subjects of God whom they could speak to while in the garden, so its not like God is not accessible if he is not situated on the earth... he is always accessible to his children...he doesnt have to physically exist on a little patch of earth (which would be impossible anyway) Genesis 3:8.

But God did not live among them the same way He will as in Revelation 21:3. In fact, Adam and Eve did not even have the Holy Spirit, which means God was not living in them. But had they eaten of the tree of Life they would have recieved the Holy Spirit, and God will then be living in them.

Jesus was talking about just what would happen after His resurrection…….the people would not see Him anymore, because He would have ascended back to Heaven. But Jesus was not saying He would not come back or people would not see Him when He returns, because He said they will.

Revelation 1:7 (BBE)
[sup]7 [/sup]See, he comes with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those by whom he was wounded; and all the tribes of the earth will be sorrowing because of him. Yes, so be it.

I don’t know what's your point here but the above only helps to prove my point……which is….Jesus will return. The angel told the disciples that the same way Jesus left is the same way He will return.

Acts 1:11 (ASV)
[sup]11 [/sup]who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate Veteran's willingness to provide an orthodox response to Pegg's misinterperation of scripture. Thank you.