Jesus is coming back to......?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Jeff No matter how many times you post this topic the answer is the same you can read it in chapter 20 of Rev.there is not a single verse above or in scripture that says there will Not be a 1000 year millieum all these verse's prove is that all this stuff will occur in Gods timeWhich me nor anyone else I know of denies.you are ignoring all the verse's that God gave us saying there is a millieum.you can post 500 verse's and it makes no difference to the fact. God says there is a millieum and tells us some of what will occur during it. Ignoring Gods Words because they they do not suit your belief does not change what it says.We are told we will ALL be changed into incoruptable bodies and Christ will reign right here on earth. 1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality. We are changed not yet JUDGED that does not occur until the White throne Judgement after the Millieum.The question remains the same what do you do with Rev. 20 throw out the Entire chapter??

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
"What is the Millennial Kingdom, and should it be understood literally?" The Millennial Kingdom is the title given to the 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ on the earth. Some seek to interpret the 1000 years in an allegorical manner. Some understand the 1000 years as merely a figurative way of saying “a long period of time.” This results in some not expecting a literal, physical reign of Jesus Christ on the earth. However, six times in Revelation 20:2-7, the Millennial Kingdom is specifically said to be 1000 years in length. If God wished to communicate “a long period of time,” He could have easily done so without explicitly and repeatedly mentioning an exact time frame.The Bible tells us when Christ returns to earth He will establish Himself as King in Jerusalem, sitting on the throne of David (Luke 1:32-33). The unconditional covenants demand a literal, physical return of Christ to establish the kingdom. The Abrahamic Covenant promised Israel a land, a posterity and ruler, and a spiritual blessing (Genesis 12:1-3). The Covenant promised Israel a restoration to the land and occupation of the land (Deuteronomy 30:1-10). The Davidic Covenant promised Israel forgiveness—the means whereby the nation could be blessed (Jeremiah 31:31-34).At the second coming, these covenants will be fulfilled as Israel is re-gathered from the nations (Matthew 24:31), converted (Zechariah 12:10-14), and restored to the land under the rulership of the Messiah, Jesus Christ. The Bible speaks of the conditions during the Millennium as a perfect environment physically and spiritually. It will be a time of peace (Micah 4:2-4; Isaiah 32:17-18); joy (Isaiah 61:7,10); comfort (Isaiah 40:1-2); and no poverty (Amos 9:13-15) or sickness (Joel 2:28-29). The Bible also tells us that only believers will enter the Millennial Kingdom. Because of this, it will be a time of complete righteousness (Matthew 25:37; Psalm 24:3-4); obedience (Jeremiah 31:33); holiness (Isaiah 35:8); truth (Isaiah 65:16); and fullness of the Holy Spirit (Joel 2:28-29). Christ will rule as king (Isaiah 9:3-7; 11:1-10), with David as regent (Jeremiah 33:15,17,21; Amos 9:11). Nobles and governors will also rule (Isaiah 32:1; Matthew 19:28). Jerusalem will be the “political” center of the world (Zechariah 8:3).Revelation 20:2-7 simply gives the precise time period of the Millennial Kingdom. Even without these Scriptures, there are countless others that point to a literal reign of the Messiah on the earth. The fulfillment of many of God’s covenants and promises rest on a literal, physical, future kingdom. There is no solid basis to deny a literal understanding of the Millennial Kingdom and its duration being 1000 years.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
As I always say, there has to be a millennial reign here on this earth in order for Christ to be given the throne of David. That throne is an earthly throne which he did not claim yet. He has the throne now in heaven as he sat on the right hand of God the Father, but the earthly kingdom of Israel did not see this occur yet here on this earth.If one cannot see the bible from a genealogical (of a family), political, national and kingdom perspective first by the people of the Book, and then understand the spiritual counterpart, they will be uninformed. When things are understood in the latter only without regards to Israel, then it becomes what I call the "Gentilization" of the bible. In other words, it is interpreted in the light of the present culture much different than that which the bible was addressed, and then strange ideas go into it. One has to become a pre-Christian Israelite so-to-speak to understand completely.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No matter how many times you post this topic the answer is the same you can read it in chapter 20 of Rev.
Yes i have read this ...of course, i mean i was 16 when i first believed the testamony that Jesus was the Christ- thats 29 years ago.I am not about to measure the word of God by some mans interpretation of what should happen.Whats important is "what is written", regardless of what man thinks about how it should be interpreted.I dont want the baggage that comes with other peoples interpretation while i am trying to hear what God in the Spirit is trying to tell us.So i post all these scriptures, to understand the unity that the apostles had.At the coming of Christ, he either gathers us first and judges everyone else a 1000 years later,Or he comes to bring an end to the day of Gods Patience and grace by judging those who have rejected his way out of Judgement....not believing and getting their names in the book of life...forgiven by the blood.Post 1 has an overwhelming theme of Jesus coming to render everyman according to his deeds..and his reward is with him too.He comes the last day,,,to raise us.The word that he has already spoken will judge those that rejected it ...the last day.2thess 1 clearly shows that God will repay those that afflict the Church...when he comes from heaven with those Angels to punish with those who have ignored the good news and rejected Jesus with ETERNAL seperation....on the day he comes to be glorified in us by raising us .Matt 13 seems clear that the wicked are gathered up first and thrown into the fire..Then the righteous will shine in the kingdom of there father.If this happens at his coming again ( the throwing into the fire) then this is a post millenium event, as they are thrown into the fire at the GWT.Matt 25 says Jesus comes and seperates the sheep from the goats and throws the goats into the lake THAT HAS BEEN PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS...quite specifically the GWT ALSO.This is why i believe that the millenium is figurative of the new birth/1st ressurection , When we can get our name in the book of life and escape the judgement.We are warned nevertheless to overcome, lest our name is erased ,when he comes to open it at the GWT, and render to everyman accordingly.Today is the day of salvation, get it done, for the lord is patient, not wanting any to PERISH but all to come to repentance.When he comes thats it-the word he has already spoken will have already judged them....the last day.--He will judge the living and the dead by his appearing and his kingdom.......If Jesus is coming to render to everyman, seperate the sheep from the goats, then he comes after the millenium---which makes it figurative.peace to you

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes he is coming to seperate the sheep from the goats but that doesnt prove no millieum. As my post and Tims both point out there are to many prophecies that must have a Millieum for the Word to be fulfilled. To just ignore what doesnt fit leaves us with confusion and God is not the author of confusion.Revelation 20:2-7 simply gives the precise time period of the Millennial Kingdom. Even without these Scriptures, there are countless others that point to a literal reign of the Messiah on the earth. The fulfillment of many of God’s covenants and promises rest on a literal, physical, future kingdom. There is no solid basis to deny a literal understanding of the Millennial Kingdom and its duration being 1000 years.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Matt 25 says Jesus comes and seperates the sheep from the goats and throws the goats into the lake THAT HAS BEEN PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS...quite specifically the GWT ALSO.
Jeff:It happens at both times, ie. at the return of Christ and again at the GWT. At the return Jesus separates out the bad so that only righteous people go into the kingdom---- their children will be the ones that rebel afterwards. The GWT are for those who died before all that and will be judged. One mistake I commonly see is that if two or more separate events sound similar, people try to lump them all together as one event.Case in point: Look up scriptures that say that the sun will be darkened and the moon turned to blood. There are several such passages, but they subtlety differ. In my earlier days, I did as you did and desperately tried to make them fit at one event, and then racked my brains out trying to figure the timing as well. Then it occurred to me, it happened more than once! The proof is simply a similar event occurred at the crucifixion, so that's at least one other such event besides what will occur in the future.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Agreed Tim I often call them types though that might not be the most accurate term but it is why we are told there is "nothing new under the Sun" ,What happened before will happen again.In fact it is almost impossible to understand scripture especially the timing of things until one learns this fact. It's also evident in the scripture saying "God is the Same yesterday today and tomorrow"

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello Kriss,You stated: The Bible speaks of the conditions during the Millennium as a perfect environment physically and spiritually. It will be a time of peace (Micah 4:2-4; Isaiah 32:17-18); joy (Isaiah 61:7,10); comfort (Isaiah 40:1-2); and no poverty (Amos 9:13-15) or sickness (Joel 2:28-29). The Bible also tells us that only believers will enter the Millennial Kingdom.My response: I am sorry but I have to disagree. The first question would have to be; who is Christ going to rule with “a rod of iron,” the believers?Revelation 19:15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.Rev 2: 26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. Second question; if the resurrected believers will have immortal bodies, then who is the medicine for that Ezekiel is talking about?Ezekiel 47:12And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.Third question; the survivors (according to Zechariah) that attach Jerusalem on the day of the Lord (and enter the Millennial kingdom), are they believer?. Zech 14: 16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The LORD [d] will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.Fourth question; when Satan is release (at Millennium’s end), he deceives a group identified as Gog and Magog, into attacking God’s people. Is this deceived group believers?Revelation 20: 7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. In Yehoshua,Guy Smith

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(guysmith;53128)
Hello Kriss,You stated: The Bible speaks of the conditions during the Millennium as a perfect environment physically and spiritually. It will be a time of peace (Micah 4:2-4; Isaiah 32:17-18); joy (Isaiah 61:7,10); comfort (Isaiah 40:1-2); and no poverty (Amos 9:13-15) or sickness (Joel 2:28-29). The Bible also tells us that only believers will enter the Millennial Kingdom.My response: I am sorry but I have to disagree. The first question would have to be; who is Christ going to rule with “a rod of iron,” the believers?Revelation 19:15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.Rev 2: 26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. Second question; if the resurrected believers will have immortal bodies, then who is the medicine for that Ezekiel is talking about?Ezekiel 47:12And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.Third question; the survivors (according to Zechariah) that attach Jerusalem on the day of the Lord (and enter the Millennial kingdom), are they believer?. Zech 14: 16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The LORD [d] will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.Fourth question; when Satan is release (at Millennium’s end), he deceives a group identified as Gog and Magog, into attacking God’s people. Is this deceived group believers?Revelation 20: 7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. In Yehoshua,Guy Smith
Actully Guy I agree with you I did not write this paticular study and I missed that quote, (the danger of trusting other mens work:)) I like you believe we are told all will enter the millennial kingdom Saint and sinner thanks for pointing that error out

Jake99

Jul 3, 2008
The Messiah who's name will not be Jesus or Yahshua will install the simple governing system that the bible and Jesus recommended. The system will apply to all nations and will properly manage the environment while at the same time meeting the needs of all who will ever be born. There will be no more Moneychangers or Salesman on the planet and the politicians and religious leaders will be out of work looking for new jobs. That is exactly what Jesus proposed.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(Jake99;54922)
The Messiah who's name will not be Jesus or Yahshua will install the simple governing system that the bible and Jesus recommended. The system will apply to all nations and will properly manage the environment while at the same time meeting the needs of all who will ever be born. There will be no more Moneychangers or Salesman on the planet and the politicians and religious leaders will be out of work looking for new jobs. That is exactly what Jesus proposed.
I think the one youre waiting on goes under the title...."antichrist"

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Red_Letters88;58225)
(Jake99;54922)
I think the one youre waiting on goes under the title...."antichrist"And you are responding to a person who is already banned? and will never come back.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(thesuperjag;58228)
And you are responding to a person who is already banned? and will never come back.
Just in case he checks back as a visitor- and for others Jag.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We can still respond to the topic even if the person is gone and I agree with Red here sounds like Antchrist to me

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;58237)
We can still respond to the topic even if the person is gone and I agree with Red here sounds like Antchrist to me
I know we can, but it seems and feels pointless to do so. Then again I agree with both of you, sounds like Anti-Christ. Didn't Jake try to get us to believe that he (Jake) fulfilled some 350 prophecies.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(thesuperjag;58238)
I know we can, but it seems and feels pointless to do so. Then again I agree with both of you, sounds like Anti-Christ. Didn't Jake try to get us to believe that he (Jake) fulfilled some 350 prophecies.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, prophet and perhaps Messiah. All he had to show for it was a police record on himself. He needs prayer

1 of 3 Martyrs

Feb 4, 2008
If I could interrupt.I hear all the time from the false teachers out there, like Jack Van Impe etc who are proclaiming that Yeshua will return to "put an end" to the fighting, as if He will make peace with the wicked.But Yeshua will come as the Lion of Judah, a mighty warrior and the Captain of the Host of Heaven as He appeared to Joshua before the destruction of Jericho. It is only after He has destroyed Satan's armies and kindom, that He will establish peace as the Prince of Peace in His own kingdom.Many refuse to accept Yeshua as a warrior, and want to only see Him as the Lamb of God, denying the Lion of Judah.Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. Isa 66:15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. Isa 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. Psa 110:5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. Psa 110:6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for getting rid of this jake99 fella.I bumped into him on another forum.
rolleyes.gif
How did he manage to post 38 times?:naughty:
Many refuse to accept Yeshua as a warrior, and want to only see Him as the Lamb of God, denying the Lion of Judah.
Yes , he is not coming as a lamb like he did the first time.He is coming to render to everyman according to his deeds,- those who persevere in him ,he will grant Eternal life, and those who reject him-wrath and indignation.Is there a thousand years between those judgements, or does it happen all at the same time? :study:
We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater; 4 therefore, we ourselves speak proudly of you among the churches of God for your perseverance and faith in the midst of all your persecutions and afflictions which you endure. 5 This is a plain indication of God's righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jeffweeder;58428)
...Is there a thousand years between those judgements, or does it happen all at the same time? :study:
Melinneum Reign comes before God does ALL the Judging... Satan will be in prison (Revelation 20:2-3) People who never word the Word before will be taught the Truth at the time. There will be no more confusions... then Satan comes back for a little season... (Revelation 20:7) ... to deceive more... (Revelation 20:8-10) Great White Throne (Judgement Day) is after the Melinneum Reign. (Revelation 20:11-13)