Jesus is Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Love is just a byword for those who profess it and never live it. I've had it with human beings who believe they have love, but do nothing to prove it.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Love is just a byword for those who profess it and never live it. I've had it with human beings who believe they have love, but do nothing to prove it.
All I can say is that you are mixing with the wrong people.....either that or Jesus' words concerning the "last days" are more widespread than we think....

Matthew 24:12-13...
"and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. But the one who has endured to the end will be saved."
Maybe this is what is to be endured....?
dunno
....the disappointment in people not doing as Christ instructed.

You see, I believe that there are two kinds of people in this world...the helpers and the helpless.....the helpers always look for ways to lighten the load for someone else. The helpless are the weak ones among us who sometimes just need a hand up.
OTOH, those who take hand outs on a regular basis without ever paying it forward, are the ones we want to avoid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can understand, even relate to feeling like love is gone cold in the church (and it has in large part). But there is a remnant. And Jesus isn't dead.

I'm sorry for your pain as it sounds like you have suffered much disappointment. If you've been hurt by those who name the name of Christ, step back, forgive and pray for them ....and turn your eyes to Jesus.

Hebrews 11:6
[6]But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How does this relate to the title of the thread "Jesus is Dead"? Since Jesus is very much alive, He will turn the tables on you and say "Why don't you go out and demonstrate the love you are talking about?"

Reactions: ScottA

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
How does this relate to the title of the thread "Jesus is Dead"? Since Jesus is very much alive, He will turn the tables on you and say "Why don't you go out and demonstrate the love you are talking about?"
Jesus = Love
Love = Action's
0 Action's = 0 love
0 love = 0 Jesus

"Faith without works is dead"

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
We can love and we do love. But part of the human condition is that our love is tainted by self-interest. This is what Christian theologians refer to as the "depravity" of man. It affects all of us.
I am not looking for perfect people, neither good people. I'm looking for nice people.

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man"
Star-Trek

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is an eye witness record of Jesus being alive after he was killed. It also proclaims that God is love and those that follow him follow in love. I'm not sure but I think you might be on the wrong side of the fence to see that.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So why don't you go and by your actions prove your love?
I do the best I can do under the circumstances. Besides that, it's extremely painful to live against how nature made me function. Sure I'm a douche, and do douchey thing's, I'm well aware of my douchebag behaviour. But better if I can see myself clearly, rather than be a total douche and deny it all along.

See my beef with Christian's really comes down to knowing the Bible itself, and how it's used. It's supposed to be a mirror so we can see our imperfections (Not other people's) Because how can we assist anyone else with their flaws if we don't deal with ours first.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The Bible is an eye witness record of Jesus being alive after he was killed. It also proclaims that God is love and those that follow him follow in love. I'm not sure but I think you might be on the wrong side of the fence to see that.
I'm on the wrong side of everyone's fence.
(As in fence I mean beliefs) Because that's what you really mean.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm on the wrong side of everyone's fence.
(As in fence I mean beliefs) Because that's what you really mean.
No what I mean is that having the Holy Spirit after baptism and confirmation opens one up to love from God. He shares his spirit of love and we feel that love from him to us and us to others. We decide when we act on that love. Others don't choose that for us. But still we feel loved by God and have love for others. Some are easier to love than others. And the bible covers that also. Galatians 5:22-25, Luke 6:32

Reactions: atpollard

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No what I mean is that having the Holy Spirit after baptism and confirmation opens one up to love from God. He shares his spirit of love and we feel that love from him to us and us to others. We decide when we act on that love. Others don't choose that for us. But still we feel loved by God and have love for others. Some are easier to love than others. And the bible covers that also. Galatians 5:22-25, Luke 6:32
So if you don't feel the love. Then what do you do? Nothing? Less than nothing? Something that's not love?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you don't feel the love. Then what do you do? Nothing? Less than nothing? Something that's not love?
No I don't have to show love by action to everyone. God will choose when I act in love. Acting in love without God can lead to error. That's what I believe. For instance you could be beaten for acting in love to someone who hates it. Does God want that? Perhaps not.