1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus is God

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by sho, Jan 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. sho

sho Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Italy
    Yes he is God, the one who was and is.

Taken likes this.
  2. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    a spreadsheet of the Godhead, easy to understandacross, left to right. asending, top to bottom.

Exodus 3:14 ** ***** I AM *********** THAT *************** I AM

Revelation 1:4
    **** which is *********which was ******** which is to come

JESUS
    *********** SPIRIT ******** spirit in flesh***** Spirit assimilated in flesh

Scripture
    ******* Genesis 1:1 ******* John 1:1 ******** Revelation 1:1

Title
    ************ Father ************* Son ************* Holy Spirit

you're on point sho. the same one person.

PICJAG
    101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    justbyfaith and sho like this.
  3. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Looking at this topic again, "Jesus is God", how can three separate and distinct persons have the same ONE name... JESUS.

Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

two things,

A. All power is given unto him, and B. ONE NAME.

First the one Name in heaven and earth. Zechariah 14:9 "And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one." this ONE NAMED KING is LORD over all the Earth. and there is only "ONE KING". lets see, Revelation 11:15 "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever." he is a single PERSON designation. know, let's see who this "he" is? next verses, Revelation 11:16 "And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,"
    Revelation 11:17 "Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned."BINGO, it is JESUS who sits on the throne..... who is the "which art, and wast, and art to come", the almighty. and who is that?, Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." Alpha and Omega? who is that? Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

ok, I got it now, the the ONE NAMED KING over all the earth is the "which art, and wast, and art to come", the Alpha and Omega, who is the first and the last, who ia "JESUS".

but wait, is not the first and the Last the the LORD? scripture, Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

uh o, but is not the LORD, all caps the Father? yes, scripture, Isaiah 63:16 "Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting." BINGO.

JESUS is the LORD, who is the Father, but wait just one more time, is not the same Jesus ..... Lord? yes,, (only the "L" is cap.), scripture, John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am." now, knowing this let's put it all together

A. Jesus is LORD, Father, "Which is", "which art"
    B. Jesus is Lord, Son, "Which was", "and wast"

C. Jesus is GOD, the Holy Spirit, (both LORD/First, Father, Lord/Last, Son), all in all, "Which is to come", "and art to come". supportive scripture,
    Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."
    Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." BINGO.

"I am he; I am the first, LORD/FATHER I also am the last, Lord/Son" my GOD how plain can one get.

PICJAG

sho likes this.
  4. WaterSong

WaterSong Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God. 2 The Word was with God in the beginning. 3 All things were created by him, and apart from him not one thing was created that has been created. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of mankind. 5 And the light shines on in the darkness, but the darkness has not mastered it.

Our God our God is one. One God.
    Amen

Taken likes this.
  5. mjrhealth

mjrhealth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    And men will push the lie till they see Jesus seated at the right hand of the father. How many posts does one need on the subject...

Joh_8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

According to them Jesus you are lying.

Michiah-Imla likes this.
  6. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Because the same Spirit both dwells in eternity and is also descended to become a Man.

Then, the Spirit of the one who became a Man separated from His body and was released into eternity next to His "former self" (Luke 23:46).

7. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You never read Isaiah 55:8-9, or Romans 11:33-36?

You may not be able to understand the intricacies of how God is Triune yet; but you are to accept the Trinity of God by faith.

It should be clear to you by now that if you continue to deny that Jesus is God in the flesh, you will die in your sins.

Not being able to understand how this can be in light of certain scriptures is no excuse.

John 8:24 has been revealed to you. If you fail to believe in it, you are held accountable for your knowledge of it nevertheless.

8. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    GINOLJC, to all.

you said, "Because the same Spirit both dwells in eternity". ?????? same Spirit, both?
    are you saying that there are two "Spirits".

and also are you saying that both, "Spirits", dwells in eternity? well lets eliminate that... scripture, 1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."
    we suggest you look up what "only" means. and this "ONLY" one dwell in eternity.

Now the "both" Spirits, which is anti bible, scripture, Ephesians 4:4 "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;"

now this, John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."
    a Spirit is only ONE Spirit. now if you have two or more Spirits, then you're into polytheism by deinition.

now unless you have scripture, rebuking this please post your scriptures.

PICJAG

9. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No, I am not saying that there are two Spirits.

I am saying that there is a spatial difference between time and eternity; so that God inhabiting eternity can remain in eternity and also descend to become a Man; and that is the same Spirit who inhabits eternity who dwells in the Person of Jesus Christ (the Son).

Thus, since it is the same Spirit, there is one Spirit; while there is a spatial difference between the two.

See John 15:26. There, it teaches us that the Holy Ghost proceeds from the Father.

I do not deny that they are the same Spirit; but I would teach that they are distinct from each other.

10. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    first thanks for the reply, and I see you seek the truth, and I appreciate that. but consider what you just said, "I am saying that there is a spatial difference between time and eternity"
    so dose that make God a different person? no, listen, John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." so that is establish.

now, are you saying that the same one PERSON... God inhabits both spatial time and eternity, as John 3:13 states. Good, now this, if this is the same one God in spatial time and eternity, please tell me how this same one God who inhibits spatial time and eternity... G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v. "HIMSELF" in flesh. scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"

now justbyfaith, the scripture clearly states, "made HIMSELF", of no reputation. so the question, "HOW MUCH OF HIMSELF WAS G2758 IN THAT FLESH. " was it all of "HIMSELF", or was it 1/3 (one third of HIMSELF), or 1/2 or what?

see your dilemma. because if he G2758 κενόω kenoo all of HIMSELF then who was upholding all the universe, if he G2758 κενόω kenoo all of HIMSELF . and if he only G2758 κενόω kenoo 1/3 all of HIMSELF, now you are into a divided God, and that's polytheism.

now notice, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" let me help you out, by being "EQUAL ... WITH", give us the true answer. but if you have any other answer to my question above please post it. thanks in advance.

PICJAG

11. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    All of Himself.

You have to realize that the nature of eternity is that if anyone dwells in it as an eternal being, they exist in eternity for all of eternity.

Therefore, in descending to become a Man, God did not cease to dwell in eternity.

He did not vacate eternity in order to descend and become a Man.

12. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    so then you're saying God did not die? and Jesus did, but Jesus is the EQUAL "WITH" God, listen again, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"
    being is present tense, and the Form of God is his NATURE... Spirit. so if he, "exist in eternity for all of eternity", as you say, then tell us how he died then?

PICJAG

13. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It is almost incomprehensible, but let me put it to you this way...

God existed in eternity for one eternal moment and then descended to become the Son.

14. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    nope, put it God WAY. now listen, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

what do form means here? listen, G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
    1. form.
    2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
    [perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
    KJV: form
    Root(s): G3313

but the question, as you said, "It is almost incomprehensible", no, it's easy as pie if you have the Holy Spirit. listen and Learn. the fundamental nature, as definition #2 above states is a "EQUAL NATURE.... WITH.... God. but no one is EQUAL "with" God but God himself.... did you get that? if not let make it clear. the Root of G3444 μορφή morphe is G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
    1. a portion

justbyfaith, get a dictionary, and find out what's another word for, "portion"... it's "SHARE".... :cool: the Lord Jeus the ordinal Last is God "shared" equally "SHARED" in flesh. BINGO. there it is plain as day. this is how I knoe that he's the Holy Spirit, the "ANOTHER" comforter, and the LAST Adam, which means "ANOTHER". listen to the definition of ADAM: H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
    ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
    [from H119]
    KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
    Root(s): H119

why do you think God made man in his, his, his, image... (smile). because God is the "ANOTHER" of HIMSELF in flesh.... thay why the scriptures states, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
    we suggest you re=read this post for clarity. and if you have any question, please them.

oh this is too easy. thank you Jesus.

PICJAG

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  15. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    understand Justbyfaith, by being the equal share of... "HIMSELF", he inhabits both spatial, (in flesh), and eternity.
    NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

PICJAG

16. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Always did.

Not sure why you don't see that we are basically saying the same thing.

17. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    well you said this,
    THEY? and distinct?, no, it's him, (one person) ..... shared in flesh, the ANOTHER of HIMSELF in the EQUAL SHARE. Numerically another but the same SORT, as G342 Allos states. listen, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort

there is no they. only HIM.

PICJAG

18. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The fact that Jesus is "another" makes Jesus and the Father a "they".

And in saying they are distinct I am saying that they are not separate.

19. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    ERROR, listen to the definition of G243 Allos, watch, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort.
    the same "SORT" is the same PERSON, as said in Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"
    and that "Form"/NATURE, is a "SHARED" nature of, HIMSELF, do you understand now?

again, there is no they, only a numerical difference in being "SHARED" in FLESH...... Got it now?

PICJAG

20. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes, they are the same Person; but the fact that Jesus is "another" to a certain extent makes both of them together a "they".