Jesus Is Jehovah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the God men had seen in the O.T. and not the Father.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Although Jesus testified above that no man had seen God the Father at any time, but He did as God because He was from above and not of the earth as other men were.

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Jesus said that scriptures testify of Himself and that Moses had written specifically about Himself.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life....

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Scriptural proof that the Lord Jesus is that Jehovah that had spoken to Moses for why Jesus Christ had said, Moses had written of Himself as the God named Jehovah in the scriptures for having appeared to Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob that men had seen in the O.T. .

Exodus 6:1Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land. 2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them. 4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

Jesus said Abraham had seen Him in His day before His incarnation as the prophesied Son of Man.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

The Lord appeared to Abraham in Genesis 12:7, Genesis 17:1, & Genesis 18:1-8 was when He did eat & drank what Abraham had prepared for Him.

The Lord appeared to Isaac in Genesis 26:1-2 & Genesis 26:24

The Lord appeared to Jacob & they had wrestled face to face & Jacob still lived for why Jacob had called that place Penuel in verse 30 of Genesis 32:24-30

The Lord appeared to Moses in Exodus 3:2, Exodus 3:15-17, Exodus 4:1-8 & Exodus 6:1-4

This is why Jesus is the Lord Jehovah that men has seen in the O.T. & not the Father.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the God men had seen in the O.T. and not the Father.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

That said it all Chris. Jesus is not Jehovah.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That said it all Chris. Jesus is not Jehovah.

Not really. That verse proves Jesus was not just a man for His words to be true. That makes Jesus God because He has seen the Father.

Try reading the rest of the OP with His help to face the truth. You do want to be found abiding in Him & His words, right?

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not Jehovah, but the only begotten Son of Jehovah.

This has been said and repeated many times, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Philippians 2:6-11
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time.
God is Spirit and therefore invisible. He does not have a body. Although He did appear to men in the OT in visible form as an Angel or as a Man, these appearances did not reveal what God is really like. They were merely temporary appearances by which He chose to speak to His people.

The Lord Jesus is in the bosom of the Father, i.e. not separate from him.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not Jehovah, but the only begotten Son of Jehovah.

This has been said and repeated many times, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out.

The Lord Jehovah told Moses that He had appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob as identifying as the God that is making this Covenant with Israel.

Exodus 6:1Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land. 2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them. 4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

Jesus said that Abraham had seen Him in His day & that He had existed beyond that day as the I AM for why the Jews sought to stone Him for declaring He is God.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Did Jesus lie? No. He did not. It was Him that Abraham had seen & not the Father as He has said so twice below.

John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Now here is the elementary conclusion that needs no rocket science to arrive at.

This means Jesus was the Lord Jehovah that men had seen in the O.T., and not the Father.

Thank you for sharing, but the scripture aligns as the truth in His words that Jesus is the Lord Jehovah that had appeared unto men.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:6-11
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Thank you for sharing.

Hopefully the Lord will cause the increase as to why the name of Jesus is above every other name, including the name of Jehovah's because that was His name also.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time.
God is Spirit and therefore invisible. He does not have a body. Although He did appear to men in the OT in visible form as an Angel or as a Man, these appearances did not reveal what God is really like. They were merely temporary appearances by which He chose to speak to His people.

Yet the request to make man in "our image" and after "our likeness" is telling when all things were made through the Word of God aka Jesus Christ.

Since believers are having a hard time picturing the Word of God asking the Father back then for permission in according to the Father's permissive will to create man in "our image" and after "our likeness" for per His father's approval & the Spirit in agreement, the Lord created man after His image and after His likeness..

Let us address that God did create man after His image and after His likeness then if you believe that was the Father that did that.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

So is the Father invisible because we are not invisible? If you believe the Father did the creating, then we were created after His image of man.

But Jesus is the Creator by Whom all things were made & yet the request to create man in our image & after our likeness, the Father has a body too.

The Lord Jesus is in the bosom of the Father, i.e. not separate from him.

Yet Jesus said that He had seen Him when in the bosom of the Father as opposing that men had not seen God the Father at any time.

So I submit to you to ask Jesus to see the truth in His words to that Samaritan woman in John 4:24 was Jesus telling her that God is omnipresent in telling her that we will be able to worship the Father anywhere and no longer be confined to the mountains nor the Temple at Jerusalem or any place, rather than that the Father is invisible.

And the way to come to God the Father in worship any where is by coming to the Son in worship John 14:6 as He is the only way to approach God the Father by any where and by honoring only the Son in worship is how one can truly honor the Father in worship as there is no other way; John 5:22-23.

Although the Holy Spirit is God and one of the # Witnesses within that One God, because of sinners in the world in coming to spirits, is why all invitations in coming to the Father is only through His Son even after they are saved as Jesus is the Bridegroom for how we are married to God.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not created, but the invisible God made visible IN him.

The word 'in' meaning to be being part of.

Is the future King of kings, Jesus Christ, also invisible to us?

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Then how invisible is used here is the same as used elsewhere in scripture regarding the Father as meaning "not presently seen".

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

So I submit that to you to confirm with Jesus Christ at that throne of grace, because when we get to heaven, we will not need Jesus to ask the father for us any more for the Father loves us and we can ask Him directly ace to face in seeing Him there.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. 25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really. That verse proves Jesus was not just a man for His words to be true. That makes Jesus God because He has seen the Father.

Try reading the rest of the OP with His help to face the truth. You do want to be found abiding in Him & His words, right?

There is no record of Jesus seeing Jehovah while he was a human. True Jesus did see God, as do all spirit beings, but no human has seen god, that would include Jesus while he was a human, otherwise he would die according to the passage anyway. I will say however that Jesus was perfect, whereas every other human is imperfect, so perhaps Jesus may have been able to, I simply do not know, however there is no record of him physically seeing God while a human.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is the future King of kings, Jesus Christ, also invisible to us?

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Then how invisible is used here is the same as used elsewhere in scripture regarding the Father as meaning "not presently seen".

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

So I submit that to you to confirm with Jesus Christ at that throne of grace, because when we get to heaven, we will not need Jesus to ask the father for us any more for the Father loves us and we can ask Him directly ace to face in seeing Him there.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. 25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
I cannot be bothered.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no record of Jesus seeing Jehovah while he was a human. True Jesus did see God, as do all spirit beings, but no human has seen god, that would include Jesus while he was a human, otherwise he would die according to the passage anyway. I will say however that Jesus was perfect, whereas every other human is imperfect, so perhaps Jesus may have been able to, I simply do not know, however there is no record of him physically seeing God while a human.

Why was the request made for man to be after our image and after our likeness unless the Father has a celestial body that can be seen too?

Since Jesus is the Jehovah that men had seen in the O.T. and Jesus said no man had seen the Father, then our image is the image of God the Father also and not Jesus before His incarnation.

The Lord that appeared unto Abraham, did eat and drank what Abraham had prepared for Him. Genesis 18:1-8

Therefore a celestial body that can become tangible as God can do anything, but it does testify to the image of God we were created after.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot be bothered.

Then what are you doing here? Or do you believe the Lord cannot use you in His ministry?

2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

2 Timothy 4:1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

But if you are still a babe on the milk of His words, I understand.

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Keep leaning of Him in His words to grow thereby in the knowledge of Him, trusting Him as your Good Shepherd to help you to follow Him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could it not be that Jesus already had eyes able to see God as in the "then" of the following verse?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor. 13:12

The writer speaks of "we", which could include you @Robert Gwin and me, Amadeus, as seeing now, but still only in part. Are we not to be working toward or to be growing toward that "then" or that "face to face" vision?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rom_6:11 So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Rom_8:39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Eph_4:32 and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you.
Php_3:14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.
1Th_2:14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, for you suffered the same things from your own compatriots as they did from the Jews,
1Th_5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Everyone in the presence of Jesus was in the presence of Almighty God. He is "God with us."

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus Christ is described as eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent and immutable.
Isaiah 9:6
Micah 5:2
John 1:1–2; 8:58; 17:5; 24
Colossians 1:15, 17
1 John 1:1; Revelation 1:8
omnipresent Matthew 18:20; 28:20; John 3:13
omniscient John 2:24, 25; 16:30; 21:17; Revelation 2:23
omnipotent Isaiah 9:6; Philippians 3:21; Revelation 1:8;
immutable Hebrews 1:10–12; 13:8

Will people stop denying the glorious nature of Jesus and start a revolution among the cults. Please. We believers are God's witnesses, and it needs to be proclaimed from the rooftops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christ4Me

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is described as eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent and immutable.
Isaiah 9:6
Micah 5:2
John 1:1–2; 8:58; 17:5; 24
Colossians 1:15, 17
1 John 1:1; Revelation 1:8
omnipresent Matthew 18:20; 28:20; John 3:13
omniscient John 2:24, 25; 16:30; 21:17; Revelation 2:23
omnipotent Isaiah 9:6; Philippians 3:21; Revelation 1:8;
immutable Hebrews 1:10–12; 13:8

Will people stop denying the glorious nature of Jesus and start a revolution among the cults. Please. We believers are God's witnesses, and it needs to be proclaimed from the rooftops.

May God help you to see that Jesus being made in the image of the invisible God the Father, means God the Father has an image not presently seen for how Jesus is that image of God.

Since Jesus is now invisible to us as the King of kings, yet one day we will see Him just as when we are in Heaven, we will see the Father too.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
May God help you to see that Jesus being made in the image of the invisible God the Father, means God the Father has an image not presently seen for how Jesus is that image of God.

Since Jesus is now invisible to us as the King of kings, yet one day we will see Him just as when we are in Heaven, we will see the Father too.
???