Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure most will immediately disagree, and rightly so. Jesus' fulfilling of the Spirit of the Law in us does not permit us to break the Letter of the Law.

Yes, the Letter of the Law is a killer, but to whom? To him who attempts to obtain salvation through observing it - which is impossible, according to Romans 8:7 KJV and Luke 17:10 KJV. But, to the Christian who keeps the Spirit of the Law forbidding lust - and by that will automatically be keeping the Letter of the Law forbidding the act of adultery - to him, it is not a killer, but a "Law of Liberty".

So, if the fact that Jesus is our truth, reward, and faithfulness does not permit us to lie, steal, or fornicate...why do so many claim that since Jesus is their spiritual rest, they may freely break the fourth commandment? To the contrary, if Jesus is indeed our inward Spiritual rest, we will demonstrate that by outward obedience to the fourth commandment, according to Hebrews 4:9-10 KJV. The only rest God ever took was literal rest from His work of creation on the seventh day; the only day upon which He rested, blessed it, and sanctified it. If He is indeed our spiritual rest, we ought to evidence that by literally resting on the seventh day Sabbath day. Need I remind anyone, it's not the fourth "suggestion", it's the Fourth Commandment, right or wrong?

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, those who work on weekends are sinning?
Depends on the kind of work a man does on the Sabbath - routine or emergency. If his ox in in a ditch or if a man's health is in need of medical attention, no. But, one thing is for sure: you never read of one instance where Jesus could be found in the carpenter shop on the Sabbath. If we're doing routine work that can be done on any of the other six days upon which we are commanded to work, then we're breaking the Sabbath.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on the kind of work a man does on the Sabbath - routine or emergency. If his ox in in a ditch or if a man's health is in need of medical attention, no. But, one thing is for sure: you never read of one instance where Jesus could be found in the carpenter shop on the Sabbath. If we're doing routine work that can be done on any of the other six days upon which we are commanded to work, then we're breaking the Sabbath.
You obey the Law of Moses or you just pick out parts you like?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obey the Law of Moses or you just pick out parts you like?
How can we obey the Law of Moses when it was nailed to the Cross almost 2,000 years ago? BTW, you haven't addressed the premise of the OP:

Do you think since Jesus is our truth, we are now at liberty to lie?
Or, since Jesus is our faithfulness, we are now at liberty to fornicate, right?
Or, since Jesus is our reward, are we now at liberty to rob banks?

Here is a simple YES/NO question for you - please check YES or NO:

Are Christians obligated to obey the Ten Commandments or not?
YES [] NO []

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we obey the Law of Moses when it was nailed to the Cross almost 2,000 years ago?
And that would include the Sabbath commands. You can't just pick the parts you like.

Exodus 35:2 (NKJV)
2 Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure most will immediately disagree, and rightly so. Jesus' fulfilling of the Spirit of the Law in us does not permit us to break the Letter of the Law.

Yes, the Letter of the Law is a killer, but to whom? To him who attempts to obtain salvation through observing it - which is impossible, according to Romans 8:7 KJV and Luke 17:10 KJV. But, to the Christian who keeps the Spirit of the Law forbidding lust - and by that will automatically be keeping the Letter of the Law forbidding the act of adultery - to him, it is not a killer, but a "Law of Liberty".

So, if the fact that Jesus is our truth, reward, and faithfulness does not permit us to lie, steal, or fornicate...why do so many claim that since Jesus is their spiritual rest, they may freely break the fourth commandment? To the contrary, if Jesus is indeed our inward Spiritual rest, we will demonstrate that by outward obedience to the fourth commandment, according to Hebrews 4:9-10 KJV. The only rest God ever took was literal rest from His work of creation on the seventh day; the only day upon which He rested, blessed it, and sanctified it. If He is indeed our spiritual rest, we ought to evidence that by literally resting on the seventh day Sabbath day. Need I remind anyone, it's not the fourth "suggestion", it's the Fourth Commandment, right or wrong?
New Creation, New Rest, New Sabbath : no matter how the New Sabbath is defined, no one can be obligated to observe the old which is irrelevant. Did you never wonder why Sabbath-keeping was never commanded in the New Testament?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that would include the Sabbath commands. You can't just pick the parts you like.

Exodus 35:2 (NKJV)
2 Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.
So, who's picking? Are you aware that the Law of Moses began at Sinai and ended at the Cross, while the Ten Commandments - including the Sabbath according to verses like Genesis 26:5 KJV and Exodus 16:28 KJV - existed long before Sinai and "stand fast forever and ever" according to Psalms 111:7-8 KJV?

Did Cain know better than to kill Abel?
Did Abraham know better than to lie to King Abimelech and also Pharaoh?
Did Rachel know better than to steal from her father?
Did Balaam know better than to covet the wealth of Balak?
Did Joseph know better than to commit adultery with Potiphar's wife?
Did the Israelites know better than to break the Sabbath before they even got to Sinai?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Creation, New Rest, New Sabbath : no matter how the New Sabbath is defined, no one can be obligated to observe the old which is irrelevant. Did you never wonder why Sabbath-keeping was never commanded in the New Testament?
Did you know that Sabbath keeping IS commanded in the New Testament along with every other of the Ten Commandments?

Reactions: GEN2REV

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, who's picking? Are you aware that the Law of Moses began at Sinai and ended at the Cross, while the Ten Commandments - including the Sabbath according to verses like Genesis 26:5 KJV and Exodus 16:28 KJV - existed long before Sinai and "stand fast forever and ever" according to Psalms 111:7-8 KJV?

Did Cain know better than to kill Abel?
Did Abraham know better than to lie to King Abimelech and also Pharaoh?
Did Rachel know better than to steal from her father?
Did Balaam know better than to covet the wealth of Balak?
Did Joseph know better than to commit adultery with Potiphar's wife?
Did the Israelites know better than to break the Sabbath before they even got to Sinai?
So how many of your loved ones have you executed?

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 (NKJV)
6 "If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods,' which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers,
7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth,
8 you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him;
9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people.
10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how many of your loved ones have you executed?

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 (NKJV)
6 "If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods,' which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers,
7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth,
8 you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him;
9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people.
10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
So, maybe you didn't get the memo....the Mosaic Law was nailed to the Cross.

BTW, the Ten Commandments "stand fast forever and ever" so it's impossible to lump the Ten Commandments in with the Mosaic Law now that that law is nailed to the Cross.

Ask yourself this:
Is it OK to not circumcise a son or not to keep the Feast Days?

Then ask yourself this: Is it OK to steal, lie, commit adultery, worship Satan, or murder?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. It's Not. That's why you didn't cite it.

2. No response to my argument I see.
Yes it is...Hebrews 4:9 Peshitta:

"It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath..."

Now do a word study on the chapter and discover that every place the word "rest" appears it's the Greek "Kataposis", BUT IN VERSE 9 THE WORD IS "SABBATISMOS" which refers to the weekly Sabbath and is why Lamsa correctly translated it as such.

So, now you know :)

Reactions: GEN2REV

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, maybe you didn't get the memo....the Mosaic Law was nailed to the Cross.

BTW, the Ten Commandments "stand fast forever and ever" so it's impossible to lump the Ten Commandments in with the Mosaic Law now that that law is nailed to the Cross.

Ask yourself this:
Is it OK to not circumcise a son or not to keep the Feast Days?

Then ask yourself this: Is it OK to steal, lie, commit adultery, worship Satan, or murder?
I got the Memo.

Galatians 5:2-4 (NKJV)
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

And that ain't good!

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got the Memo.

Galatians 5:2-4 (NKJV)
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

And that ain't good!
You got memo saying the Mosaic Law was nailed to the Cross, but the one I'm talking about says the Ten Commandments are eternal according to Psalms 111:7-8 KJV.

Let me know when it's going to be OK to steal, sleep with the neighbor's wife, worship Satan, etc.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got memo saying the Mosaic Law was nailed to the Cross, but the one I'm talking about says the Ten Commandments are eternal according to Psalms 111:7-8 KJV.
The Ten are part of the Mosaic Law.
Let me know when it's going to be OK to steal, sleep with the neighbor's wife, worship Satan, etc.
You didn't know
It's not ok. I've read the NT.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Romans 6:23
23 For the wages of sin is death...
That hasn't changed. Which is why Christians ought to be exhorting one another not to sin. Keep the commandments. Love one another. Then death doesn't become an issue right?
I've never heard of anyone who preaches the Law of Moses who obeys Moses.