Jesus Opens the Disciples Eyes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." (Luke 24:27)

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures" (Luke 24:45)

I find it odd that Luke does not expound upon Jesus' words regarding how scripture pertains to himself. Was this omitted because Luke did not know the details? I find that difficult to accept since Luke spent time with at least some of the men who walked with Jesus during his earthly ministry. The only viable explanation is that Jesus did not want those specific details written down, which I guess makes sense. Much of the post resurrection events were not written about, or were lost in time.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." (Luke 24:27)

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures" (Luke 24:45)

I find it odd that Luke does not expound upon Jesus' words regarding how scripture pertains to himself. Was this omitted because Luke did not know the details? I find that difficult to accept since Luke spent time with at least some of the men who walked with Jesus during his earthly ministry. The only viable explanation is that Jesus did not want those specific details written down, which I guess makes sense. Much of the post resurrection events were not written about, or were lost in time.
Be mindful not to strain at knats and swallow camels. For those who do not see even the obvious is a mystery......they flounder around in guesses and distortions....and a never ending amount of words.