Jesus own words that He is the Son of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 16.27,28,29,30,31

do you believe Jesus asked his disciples. And that applies to us as well .
Jesus was born by the Holy Spirit and Virgin Mary in Bethlehem, this is when he came from God . Jesus demonstrated Gods being with him , by raising the dead , healing the sick , feeding 5 thousand . By his father God and dependence on him always . In perfect obedience to His father . Be careful how you read these verses and don’t go beyond them by adding things not said to fit a belief system or doctrine . May the Spirit of truth lead you …

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ex 20:3-5
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lordthy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Only God may be worshipped!

Matthew 2:11
And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

Matthew 8:2
And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matthew 9:18
While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Matthew 14:33
Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Matthew 15:25
Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

John 9:38
And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Either Jesus is God or a blasphemer and false prophet for allowing himself to be worshipped!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 16.27,28,29,30,31

do you believe Jesus asked his disciples. And that applies to us as well .
Jesus was born by the Holy Spirit and Virgin Mary in Bethlehem, this is when he came from God . Jesus demonstrated Gods being with him , by raising the dead , healing the sick , feeding 5 thousand . By his father God and dependence on him always . In perfect obedience to His father . Be careful how you read these verses and don’t go beyond them by adding things not said to fit a belief system or doctrine . May the Spirit of truth lead you …

Very good factual post Bob.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good factual post Bob.

What thefaith posted is the actual Truth, only The Father and His Son are to be worshiped.

And Jesus Christ existed before... He was born through Mary's womb...

Rev 1:5-8
5 And from Jesus Christ, Who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto Him That loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, Which is, and Which was, and Which is to come, the Almighty.

KJV

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What thefaith posted is the actual Truth, only The Father and His Son are to be worshiped.

5 And from Jesus Christ, Who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto Him That loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, Which is, and Which was, and Which is to come, the Almighty.

KJV
Yes Jesus came from God and God was first before all creation, what was his name ? We know he received his name Jesus at Bethlehem. So to identify him before is not possible, but yes he came from God but he did not exist as Jesus , that’s a fact .

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes Jesus came from God and God was first before all creation, what was his name ? We know he received his name Jesus at Bethlehem. So to identify him before is not possible, but yes he came from God but he did not exist as Jesus , that’s a fact .
A follow up on why Jesus began in Mary’s womb because, that is where Jesus got his flesh from , he did not have flesh from God where he is from Spiritually,So Jesus the person the Christ Identified by name started his Complete life in Mary’s womb . And Jesus is still a man although in glory . Hebrews says Jesus Christ the same yesterday today and for ever ! Amen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh yes it is... possible. Lord Jesus is revealed in the Old Testament too. That is Who Abraham was talking to in Genesis 18, and it is Who sent the two angels to Lot in Genesis 19. Also, Jesus was the Melchizedek that met Abraham in Genesis 14 and offered Abraham "bread and wine", and Abraham tithed to him. Hebrews 7 verifies that was about Lord Jesus in Old Testament times. And in John 8 towards the end of the chapter, Jesus revealed that before Abraham was, "I AM".

It's obvious that you are leaning on other things and men's tradition instead of staying with The Bible as written.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

KJV

What about worshipping the Holy Spirit?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about worshipping the Holy Spirit?

No, we don't worship The Holy Spirit but via The Holy Spirit.

Jesus gave us the example to pray to our Heavenly Father, and we end our prayer in Christ's name to mark further our Heavenly Father we are praying to (see Luke 11). So the reason why Lord Jesus did not say, "don't do it", when those who believed on Him and came up and bowed to Him and worshiped Him, is because He is God come in the flesh.

Reactions: Matthias

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus gave us the example to pray to our Heavenly Father, and we end our prayer in Christ's name to mark further our Heavenly Father we are praying to (see Luke 11). So the reason why Lord Jesus did not say, "don't do it", when those who believed on Him and came up and bowed to Him and worshiped Him, is because He is God come in the flesh.
That "worship" stuff is not what you think it is. It is a very common practice at that time to show respect at very diferent levels without implicating deity at all.

It is simple to verify: look for that Greek word in all the NT and in the LXX and you'll be surprised.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Thanks.

You seem to be saying that you worship “one God, two persons,” not “one God, three persons”. Is that correct? Please let me know if I’m not understanding you clearly.

The Trinity is “one God, three persons”. That’s a point of agreement between us, isn’t it?

What you’re saying is coming across to me as - and again, I may not be understanding you clearly - you don’t worship the Trinity.

Since it’s coming across that way to me, it may come across that way to others.

If that’s not what you’re really saying, this conversation offers you an opportunity to provide clarification for me, and potentially for other readers.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That "worship" stuff is not what you think it is. It is a very common practice at that time to show respect at very diferent levels without implicating deity at all.

It is simple to verify: look for that Greek word in all the NT and in the LXX and you'll be surprised.

Nah... that's just wishful thinking by those who refuse to recognize Jesus of Nazareth as Immanuel, God with us come in the flesh.

Same Greek word used by the three wise men who bowed in worship to Baby Jesus is the same Greek word used for worship of The Father...

Matt 2:1-2
2 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

KJV

Luke 4:8
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, "Get thee behind Me, Satan: for it is written, 'Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve.

KJV

NT:4352
proskuneo (pros-koo-neh'-o); from NT:4314 and a probable derivative of NT:2965 (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, i.e. (literally or figuratively) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore):

KJV - worship.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006, 2010 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.

You seem to be saying that you worship “one God, two persons,” not “one God, three persons”. Is that correct? Please let me know if I’m not understanding you clearly.

The Trinity is “one God, three persons”. That’s a point of agreement between us, isn’t it?

I believe God's Word which reveals The Godhead as three Persons, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, and this does not have to rely on 1 John 5:7 debates. It is shown earlier in The Old Testament. Even the Hebrew name for Jesus is a derivative of The Father's name, so one cannot separate them.

What you’re saying is coming across to me as - and again, I may not be understanding you clearly - you don’t worship the Trinity.

Since it’s coming across that way to me, it may come across that way to others.

If that’s not what you’re really saying, this conversation offers you an opportunity to provide clarification for me, and potentially for other readers.

I worship The Father BY The Holy Spirit, as that is what the Scriptures shows us to do. Luke 11 is one of the place Jesus showed us HOW to pray, and is directly to our Heavenly Father, and John 4:24 tells us that God is a Spirit, and that we must worship Him 'in spirit' and in truth. So what more do you want?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I believe God's Word which reveals The Godhead as three Persons, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, and this does not have to rely on 1 John 5:7 debates. It is shown earlier in The Old Testament. Even the Hebrew name for Jesus is a derivative of The Father's name, so one cannot separate them.

I worship The Father BY The Holy Spirit, as that is what the Scriptures shows us to do. Luke 11 is one of the place Jesus showed us HOW to pray, and is directly to our Heavenly Father, and John 4:24 tells us that God is a Spirit, and that we must worship Him 'in spirit' and in truth. So what more do you want?

Thanks again. All I wanted is to confirm that you’re a trinitarian (which you have) and a clear statement from you that you don’t worship the Trinity.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah... that's just wishful thinking by those who refuse to recognize Jesus of Nazareth as Immanuel, God with us come in the flesh.(...)
I disagree. :)
Did you check about that word beside those texts (like in Matt. 18:26; Rev. 3:9, or its use in the LXX) and without the trinitarian prejudices?

And: do you think the astrologers were worshiping a God or giving homage to a King?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks again. All I wanted is to confirm that you’re a trinitarian (which you have) and a clear statement from you that you don’t worship the Trinity.

I don't use that word 'trinitarian'. But I do believe what God's Word teaches.

The name 'Jesus' comes from the Greek:
NT:2424
Iesous (ee-ay-sooce'); of Hebrew origin [OT:3091]; Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites:
KJV - Jesus.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006, 2010 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

And Iesous is of Hebrew origin:
OT:3091
Yehowshuwa` (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah); or Yehowshu`a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah); from OT:3068 and OT:3467; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader: -Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Compare OT:1954, OT:3442.

And Yehowshuwa is derived from OT:3068:
OT:3068
Yehovah (yeh-ho-vaw'); from OT:1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:
KJV - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare OT:3050, OT:3069.

Yashua is another spelling for Yehowshuwa, and it means 'Yehovah saves'.

The name Joshua in the Old Testament is equivalent to our English 'Jesus' name in The New Testament.

But still 'Joshua' (Hebrew Yehowshuwa or Yahshua) still points to the name Yehovah. (But do not confuse the flesh born Joshua in the Old Testament that led the children of Israel across Jordan into the land of Canaan as being our Lord Jesus. That was not Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus had not been born in the flesh yet back then.)

So The Father Yehovah and The Son Yahshua cannot be separated.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Matthias

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy , look these cases:

Abraham renders himself "proskyneo" to the Hittites (Canaanites) as owners of the land he wished to purchase as a burial place for Sarah (Gen. 23:4-20 ... note verses 7 and 12 especially);

Jacob and all his people render Esau "proskyneo" (Gen. 33: 3-7);

Moses renders "proskyneo" to his father-in-law Jethro (Ex. 18:7)...

... and those are just three examples out of dozens of them. You just have to consult the LXX in Greek and look up the word... You will see that you have only been innocent of this biblical reality about that word.

To me the only logical reaction I can have from that discovery is that I cannot now think of Jesus as a human being "worshiped" as God when so many faithful servants of God of old "worshipped" other humans in the same sense... even humans who did not serve the same God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. :)
Did you check about that word beside those texts (like in Matt. 18:26; Rev. 3:9, or its use in the LXX) and without the trinitarian prejudices?

And: do you think the astrologers were worshiping a God or giving homage to a King?

What "trinitarian prejudices". The only prejudice I see is with what you are trying to say, that simply does not exist in the Greek New Testament. When The Greek New Testament uses the Greek word proskuneo in the case of worshiping The Father, that is proof of its usage in the NT which you instead are denying!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "trinitarian prejudices". The only prejudice I see is with what you are trying to say, that simply does not exist in the Greek New Testament. When The Greek New Testament uses the Greek word proskuneo in the case of worshiping The Father, that is proof of its usage in the NT which you instead are denying!
I just proved you wrong :)

(Matt. 18:26; Rev. 3:9).