Jesus said, you will be hated by all men for My name's sake.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke P., the believer of the Bachelorette series (edit: on television), has been touted as the one that "you love to hate."

It is written,

Jhn 15:17, These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Jhn 15:18, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Jhn 15:19, If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Jhn 15:20, Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Jhn 15:21, But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
Jhn 15:22, If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
Jhn 15:23, He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
Jhn 15:24, If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

and,

1Jo 3:11, For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jo 3:12, Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
1Jo 3:13, Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
1Jo 3:14,We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jo 3:15, Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

I think that the fact that Luke P. is hated, is indeed a proof that the words of Jesus and the apostle John are true.

Last edited:

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The world hates us because darkness cannot comprehend the light, it cannot stand the light, they hate us coz the devil hates God and the light and we come in our fathers name coz we are bout our fathers business and the devil is manifest through the world, when they crucified jesus and stoned stephen they were gnashing their teeth. but jesus said forgive dem lord 4 they know not wat they do, they know not wat they do so forgive dem and be of good cheer!! for blessed are tho's who are hated 4 Christ's sake.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still no help. I watch very little TV so you should not be surprised that I have never heard of this "Luke P" nor of the "Bachelorette" series. Is knowledge of such things important to the OP?
Not really too important to the OP.

Luke P is simply a man who was contending for the heart of a woman on the series who was hated by all of the other contenders and who was basically slandered by them and attacked by them left and right...the show made a statement about him that he was someone that you "love to hate"

My comment has been that this is because he is a real Christian, bearing the aroma of Christ.

And also, that those of us who also bear the aroma of Christ to the world will be hated by those who do not know the Lord, based on the scriptures that were quoted in the OP.

Reactions: Pearl and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really too important to the OP.

Luke P is simply a man who was contending for the heart of a woman on the series who was hated by all of the other contenders and who was basically slandered by them and attacked by them left and right...the show made a statement about him that he was someone that you "love to hate"

My comment has been that this is because he is a real Christian, bearing the aroma of Christ.

And also, that those of us who also bear the aroma of Christ to the world will be hated by those who do not know the Lord, based on the scriptures that were quoted in the OP.
Thanks for the explanation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would guess that the worst of the hate is coming sooner rather than later according to what I see around me today. I live in what has been called the "Bible Belt" but that is an old designation applied to this region first quite a few years ago. Oklahoma to me, is not worse than California was to me when I was growing up in that state and only visited wonderful beautiful Oklahoma once in a great while. Of course I was young and naive in those days but even the superficial appearance has diminished if you get my drift.

Long ago [early 1970's] I worked in the city of San Francisco but even then I would not have lived there. Now, even Oklahoma City is seemingly a hell hole to me. Help us dear Lord! Where is the love of God in people?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where is the love of God in people?

I hear ya brother... But can we expect less when our nations turn their eyes away from Christ?

And it will get worse, as the Church follows in the footsteps of our Lord's passion....

Maranatha!

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear ya brother... But can we expect less when our nations turn their eyes away from Christ?

And it will get worse, as the Church follows in the footsteps of our Lord's passion....

Maranatha!
That is a rather pessimistic pov.

I would say that rather, as the orange sign says, PRAYER CHANGES THINGS.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would guess that the worst of the hate is coming sooner rather than later according to what I see around me today. I live in what has been called the "Bible Belt" but that is an old designation applied to this region first quite a few years ago. Oklahoma to me, is not worse than California was to me when I was growing up in that state and only visited wonderful beautiful Oklahoma once in a great while. Of course I was young and naive in those days but even the superficial appearance has diminished if you get my drift.

Long ago [early 1970's] I worked in the city of San Francisco but even then I would not have lived there. Now, even Oklahoma City is seemingly a hell hole to me. Help us dear Lord! Where is the love of God in people?

That is because or 'Reconstruction'. The North is steadily reconstructing the South, and all parts of the nation that it can, in it's image. The sooner it can destroy the 'Bible Belt' people of the South, the better.

Jesus statement is true that all men will hate you for His sake. And there is not a more hated people in the world then the Southern white Christian. Not a more hated flag in the world then the Confederate Battle Flag which represents the Southern Bible Belt.

It's good sometimes to observe from where the hate comes from. The same people who hate the South and seek continually to destroy it, also hate Christianity and the Bible, and the American flag, etc. etc.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because or 'Reconstruction'. The North is steadily reconstructing the South, and all parts of the nation that it can, in it's image. The sooner it can destroy the 'Bible Belt' people of the South, the better.

Jesus statement is true that all men will hate you for his sake. And there is not a more hated people in the world then the Southern white Christian. Not a more hated flag in the world then the Confederate Battle Flag which represents the Southern Bible Belt.

It's good sometimes to observe from where the hate comes from. The same people who hate the South and seek continually to destroy it, also hate Christianity and the Bible, and the American flag, etc. etc.

Stranger
I am not certain that those of the North are necessarily any worse than others everywhere who oppose themselves to God's Way. A lot of things happening in the world of men around us are very evil: in the north, the south, the east and the west; but is not our worst enemy to be faced and overcome, ultimately, inside of us? If with God's help we are able to overcome the enemy within us, will we not be able to deal as need be, with God's help, any enemy that approaches us from the outside from any direction?

They are there and will be there, the ones who hate us as we stand with God, but the best preparation for that is to first clean up, with God's help, our own house. This may not save our natural lives, but that should hardly be our first consideration, should it? Stephen looked to heaven and the glory of God even as they were stoning his physical body to death.

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Rom 8:31

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But I am thinking of all of the lost people out there.

As you should! Pray for them, always...

But neither should we shrink away from the coming trials, shall we not drink the cup our Father has prepared for us?

Our suffering will melt the stony hearts of many....

Be not afraid!

Peace be with you!

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Going back to the subject of the OP, I came across the following verses just today:

Psa 34:21, Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
Psa 34:22, The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am really hurting for my brother in Christ's sake. They really slammed him (Luke P., yet again) on the show tonight.

He took it like a real man of the Lord; but I know that he is hurting because they really attempted to destroy his honour in this last episode.

I pray for him that he will come out of this as the head and not the tail, in Jesus' Name.